ESPN's Bottom 10
Bookmark and Share
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
ESPN's Bottom 10
Good example for how most of the college football world sees the MAC

Quote:1. Miami (Ohio) (0-1)

So, I take this job and everyone says, "Dude, this is easy. You just plug in all the directional Michigan schools in the MAC West and then fill in the rest." But then Central and Eastern both won their games. Then a little voice whispered in my ear, "Never fear, newbie, the MAC East has still got your back." And indeed it did. There is no doubt that first-year head man Chuck Martin knows how to coach. He won a pair of Division II national titles at Grand Valley State and helped Notre Dame reach the BCS title game. But there's still a lot of work to do. And one of those Post-its I found from Schlabach reminded me that the Redhawks finished the 2013 season at the top of his list, so far be it from me to mess with tradition.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...-bottom-10
09-03-2014 07:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

scottiep12 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
RE: ESPN's Bottom 10
There is just some unfortunate truth to it.

Although I'm confident Miami oh would beat a good a majority of te teams below them...they hung around with a good Marshall squad.
09-03-2014 07:38 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
Well that MAC bottom feeder was pretty much playing even football with Marshall for most of the game. I think the bigger embarrassment was Big 10 football this past weekend, to use that phrase hot garbage would definitely describe the Big 10.
09-03-2014 08:04 PM
Advertisement

1eyed_jack Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU
(09-03-2014 08:04 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  Well that MAC bottom feeder was pretty much playing even football with Marshall for most of the game. I think the bigger embarrassment was Big 10 football this past weekend, to use that phrase hot garbage would definitely describe the Big 10.

Didn't see the game, but checking the stats. How is this hanging even for most the game?

1st half possessions

Miami
PUNT
PUNT
Turnover
Turnover on downs
PUNT
FG
Punt
Turnover on downs

Marshall
PUNT
TOUCHDOWN
TOUCHDOWN
TOUCHDOWN
PUNT
PUNT
TOUCHDOWN

I know the 3rd quarter was obviously different, but 3/4 quarters were dominated by Marshall.
09-03-2014 08:21 PM
niubrad00 Offline
Boss

(09-03-2014 08:04 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  Well that MAC bottom feeder was pretty much playing even football with Marshall for most of the game. I think the bigger embarrassment was Big 10 football this past weekend, to use that phrase hot garbage would definitely describe the Big 10.

Down 28-3 at halftime is playing even.

12-2 is embarrassing and hot garbage.

Got it. Thanks. 07-coffee3
09-03-2014 08:24 PM
Advertisement

PrideinthePack Offline
1st String

MaddDawgz02 date' Wrote:  jacksonville state just came out very flustered and blew some early coverages, other than that halfway through the 2nd quarter it was an evenly played game from midway 2nd quarter on. Can't let the road environment overwhelm you and it looks like that's what happened to Jackson State.

This is his thoughts on Michigan St./Jacksonville where MSU scored on all but one first half possession (which was a missed FG) while holding Jacksonville St. to 0 first half points and 7 overall for the game.
09-03-2014 08:35 PM
UIHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For: Illinois

Because if there's anybody who knows college football and whose opinion we should take seriously it's the guy who picked Jacksonville State to win at Michigan State.
09-03-2014 08:36 PM
Advertisement

DogPoundNorth Offline
Coach Carey Loves His Wife

I'm going to harp on this all year. The MAC is not good at football. It's the cold hard truth fellas. Which, as I've stated before and will continue to bring up time and time again, SF needs to get us out of the MAC ASAP. I know some of you don't agree, and that's okay. I'm just trying to see things not as an NIU and MAC advocate but as a realist. And on the real, the MAC is not good.
09-03-2014 10:21 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
(09-03-2014 10:21 PM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  I'm going to harp on this all year. The MAC is not good at football. It's the cold hard truth fellas. Which, as I've stated before and will continue to bring up time and time again, SF needs to get us out of the MAC ASAP. I know some of you don't agree, and that's okay. I'm just trying to see things not as an NIU and MAC advocate but as a realist. And on the real, the MAC is not good.

Im still in disbelief the Penguins played even with the Illini, the UNI Panthers were even with Iowa, etc etc. It was just bad football. I know to many people criticizing Big 10 football is worse than someone insulting your mom, but good grief it was bad. I mean I enjoy big 10 football, but it was just fun bad this past weekend.
09-03-2014 10:27 PM
Advertisement

NIUSox10 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
(09-03-2014 10:21 PM)DogPoundNorth Wrote:  I'm going to harp on this all year. The MAC is not good at football. It's the cold hard truth fellas. Which, as I've stated before and will continue to bring up time and time again, SF needs to get us out of the MAC ASAP. I know some of you don't agree, and that's okay. I'm just trying to see things not as an NIU and MAC advocate but as a realist. And on the real, the MAC is not good.

I think the MAC is better than the Belt or CUSA, but a move to AAC would be a step up. The bottom of the MAC is really bad though.
09-03-2014 10:50 PM
UIHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For: Illinois
(09-03-2014 10:27 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  Im still in disbelief the Penguins played even with the Illini, the UNI Panthers were even with Iowa, etc etc. It was just bad football. I know to many people criticizing Big 10 football is worse than someone insulting your mom, but good grief it was bad. I mean I enjoy big 10 football, but it was just fun bad this past weekend.

And most other P5 conferences had similar sets of games, with some of those resulting in losses, as I pointed out in a separate thread and which you conveniently ignored.

The B1G isn't very good, but this past week it wasn't really any worse than anybody other than the SEC.
09-03-2014 11:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.