Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

KSU Mens Hoops Schedule
KSU 93 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Kent State Univ
KSU Mens Hoops Schedule
Mens schedule came out today. I know they are trying to schedule and team "meet and greet" before the first game. The info should come out shortly. I know this team is hungry to get back to greatness. I can assure you Sendy wont put out two players with the same number (sorry Polish hammer). MAC hoops is on the horizon.

http://www.kentstatesports.com/schedule....ath=mbball[/font]
09-03-2014 01:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
RE: KSU Mens Hoops Schedule
(09-03-2014 01:44 PM)KSU 93 Wrote:  I can assure you Sendy wont put out two players with the same number (sorry Polish hammer).

Thanks, but I'm sure if he had 105 guys to worry about and make interchangeable on the fly that even he might fall victim to human error.

PS: nice job to get your jab in and keep your streak alive. 03-wink
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 04:35 PM by Polish Hammer.)
09-03-2014 04:31 PM
AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
(09-03-2014 01:44 PM)KSU 93 Wrote:  Mens schedule came out today. I know they are trying to schedule and team "meet and greet" before the first game. The info should come out shortly. I know this team is hungry to get back to greatness. I can assure you Sendy wont put out two players with the same number (sorry Polish hammer). MAC hoops is on the horizon.

This schedule still makes me ill. My oh my, what have we become..
09-03-2014 04:52 PM
Advertisement

goldenflash13 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Kent State
Home-and-home against Toledo and Ball State from the West this year
09-03-2014 07:15 PM
KSU 93 Offline
Water Engineer

Re: RE: KSU Mens Hoops Schedule
(09-03-2014 04:31 PM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 01:44 PM)KSU 93 Wrote:  I can assure you Sendy wont put out two players with the same number (sorry Polish hammer).

Thanks, but I'm sure if he had 105 guys to worry about and make interchangeable on the fly that even he might fall victim to human error.

PS: nice job to get your jab in and keep your streak alive. 03-wink

Thank you. I try to maintain expectations

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
09-03-2014 10:09 PM
Advertisement

KSU 93 Offline
Water Engineer

(09-03-2014 04:52 PM)AlphaFlash Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 01:44 PM)KSU 93 Wrote:  Mens schedule came out today. I know they are trying to schedule and team "meet and greet" before the first game. The info should come out shortly. I know this team is hungry to get back to greatness. I can assure you Sendy wont put out two players with the same number (sorry Polish hammer). MAC hoops is on the horizon.

Call the AD. Hoops has no money we have to take a payout (kansas, unc, etc) or schedule cupcakes to try and get 20 wins. Can't afford to travel to other mid majors.

09-03-2014 10:11 PM
AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
(09-03-2014 10:11 PM)KSU 93 Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 04:52 PM)AlphaFlash Wrote:  

Call the AD. Hoops has no money we have to take a payout (kansas, unc, etc) or schedule cupcakes to try and get 20 wins. Can't afford to travel to other mid majors.

Is 20 wins worth it? I'd rather play games that will sharpen are metal. 20 wins or championship? Right now they're just going after the easier option.
09-04-2014 09:43 PM
Advertisement

Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
And why call the AD? He pays himself more than any other AD in the MAC yet pays his coaches and funds the programs less than the rest of the MAC. Football also has no money and schedules a couple guaranteed losses just for the payout money. One payout game out of ~30 isn't as bad as 2 or 3 out of 12, and in a sport where you get physically pounded and it carries over in the rest of the season.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 05:35 AM by Polish Hammer.)
09-05-2014 05:24 AM
KSU 93 Offline
Water Engineer

(09-05-2014 05:24 AM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  And why call the AD? He pays himself more than any other AD in the MAC yet pays his coaches and funds the programs less than the rest of the MAC. Football also has no money and schedules a couple guaranteed losses just for the payout money. One payout game out of ~30 isn't as bad as 2 or 3 out of 12, and in a sport where you get physically pounded and it carries over in the rest of the season.

You call Nielson because ultimately he's responsible. You are right football gets killed for payouts. They will be a 2 win team and that falls on Joe not getting his hires right. The way he spends mo ey is definitely drawing the attention of the administration so maybe things change?

09-07-2014 07:45 PM
Advertisement

fallsdog Offline
All American

I don't know. Yale, Southern Ill, Utep, and a few Horizon teams are right up the Flashes alley.

Oh what we have become?? KSU has always been a mid major with limited resources with a shot to compete for the conference title and make noise in the post season.
09-08-2014 07:44 AM
GoFlashes7 Offline
1st String

(09-07-2014 07:45 PM)KSU 93 Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 05:24 AM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  And why call the AD? He pays himself more than any other AD in the MAC yet pays his coaches and funds the programs less than the rest of the MAC. Football also has no money and schedules a couple guaranteed losses just for the payout money. One payout game out of ~30 isn't as bad as 2 or 3 out of 12, and in a sport where you get physically pounded and it carries over in the rest of the season.

You call Nielson because ultimately he's responsible. You are right football gets killed for payouts. They will be a 2 win team and that falls on Joe not getting his hires right. The way he spends mo ey is definitely drawing the attention of the administration so maybe things change?

KSU93/PolishHammer,

I am trying to keep the conversation going here, not disagreeing or agreeing with what either of you have said thus far, because I think we have hit a fork in the road in Joel Nielsen's tenure.

How long does Joel Nielsen get a pass and/or take credit for the coaches that Laing Kennedy hired?

How long do the coaches that Joel Nielsen hired get to show what they can do or not do?

I have listed out the current/past coaches that Kennedy hired vs the coaches that Nielsen has hired, in order to give a complete comparison/tally all in 1 post to keep this unbiased and fair to both Kennedy & Nielsen. Nielsen was hired in March of 2010 @ KSU and fully took over when Kennedy retired in May of 2010.

Current coaches on staff:
*Baseball = Duncan (Nielsen)
*Men's Basketball = Senderoff (Nielsen, but Kennedy was instrumental in bringing Rob back to Kent OH as an assistant) (Geno Ford, Gary Waters, Jim Christian, & Stan Heath all hired by Kennedy)
*Women's Basketball = Lindsay (fired by Nielsen) & O'Banion (hired by Nielsen)
*Mens/Womens T & F/Cross Country = Marc Crosghan/Bill Lawson (hired by Kennedy)
*Field Hockey = Wiler (hired by Kennedy)
*Football = Hazell/Haynes (hired by Nielsen) and Pees/Martin (hired by Kennedy)
*Men's Golf = Page (neither Kennedy, nor Nielsen hired Page)
*Women's Golf = Robertson (hired by Nielsen) & Morrow ("fired/resigned by Nielsen and hired by Kennedy...tough 1 here for KSU almunus)
*Women's Gymnastics = (neither Kennedy, nor Nielsen hired Brice Biggin)
*Softball = Karen Linder (Kennedy hired)
*Women's Soccer = Rob Marinaro (Kennedy hired)
*Women's Volleyball = Don Gromala (Nielsen hired) and previous coach (Glen something) was fired by Nielsen and hired by Kennedy
*Wrestling = Jim Andrassy was hired by Kennedy

So, what do you think of what Joel Nielsen has done in 4yrs & 6 months @ KSU? What do you think of what Laing Kennedy did @ KSU in 16yrs?

There is no doubt that Nielsen is a go getter/sales & marketing focused, while Kennedy was more of a quiet leader who focused on all sports. Is KSU better now under Nielsen than it was under Kennedy? Was it better under Kennedy than it is under Nielsen? I don't think there is any question that it was better under Kennedy than it was with his predecessor (Who was his predecessor?)

Will the new President of KSU be more of a supporter of KSU Athletics, less, or the same as Cartwright & Lefton?
09-08-2014 02:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.