Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

My son asks girl "Are you gay?" and gets a 2 day suspension
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
My son asks girl "Are you gay?" and gets a 2 day suspension
So this is my son's first year in this particular high school - he's a sophomore. Since school just started a few weeks ago he didn't really get to start making friends until just recently. Today he was with those friends and they were talking to some girls that my son didn't know and being shy he just stood by and let everyone else talk. One of the girls had a rub on gay rainbow on her arm and my son asked her if she was gay. During the entire time the kids were together the only words he spoke were "are you gay?" This was verified to my wife by the principal who spoke with all the kids involved.

After that question was asked the girl bolted and the next thing my son knows is he's in the principal's office being asked why he insulted the girl. My son asked him why he can't ask her about a rub-on tattoo that she clearly wanted other people to see. His insensitivity got him a two day suspension even after the principal acknowledged that all he said was "are you gay?" That's it! Period!

Livid, I called the school and got some bimbo who made me wait until she could gather all the details of what happened and she pretty much told me what I said above. I asked her how in the world is it wrong to ask a question about something someone clearly wanted other people to see? I then asked her if it was normal for high school girls to advertise their sexuality like that and if it was, then what's the purpose if it's against some policy to talk about what is clearly in plain view? She told me I was being unreasonable. I then asked her that, if the girl had worn a Dallas Cowboys shirt, would my son have been suspended if he asked her if she liked the Cowboys? She said that was not a rational comparison, told me she was running late, wished me a nice day and hung up.

So the lesson my son learned is if he sees anyone from the LGBTQ community he can't even approach them unless it's to bestow upon them accolades, esteem, and acknowledge that they have more rights than he does.

Edit: My wife told me there was something the principal said that made her think the girl wore the tattoo because it looked nice, not because she was gay. So she's a dumb ass and my kid pays for it. Tomorrow could be an ugly day for me and that school.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 09:37 PM by smn1256.)
09-02-2014 09:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Doctor Krieger Offline
1st String

I Root For: :)
RE: My son asks girl "Are you gay?" and gets a 2 day suspension
(09-02-2014 09:30 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  So this is my son's first year in this particular high school - he's a sophomore. Since school just started a few weeks ago he didn't really get to start making friends until just recently. Today he was with those friends and they were talking to some girls that my son didn't know and being shy he just stood by and let everyone else talk. One of the girls had a rub on gay rainbow on her arm and my son asked her if she was gay. During the entire time the kids were together the only words he spoke were "are you gay?" This was verified to my wife by the principal who spoke with all the kids involved.

After that question was asked the girl bolted and the next thing my son knows is he's in the principal's office being asked why he insulted the girl. My son asked him why he can't ask her about a rub-on tattoo that she clearly wanted other people to see. His insensitivity got him a two day suspension even after the principal acknowledged that all he said was "are you gay?" That's it! Period!

Livid, I called the school and got some bimbo who made me wait until she could gather all the details of what happened and she pretty much told me what I said above. I asked her how in the world is it wrong to ask a question about something someone clearly wanted other people to see? I then asked her if it was normal for high school girls to advertise their sexuality like that and if it was, then what's the purpose if it's against some policy to talk about what is clearly in plain view? She told me I was being unreasonable. I then asked her that, if the girl had worn a Dallas Cowboys shirt, would my son have been suspended if he asked her if she liked the Cowboys? She said that was not a rational comparison, told me she was running late, wished me a nice day and hung up.

So the lesson my son learned is if he sees anyone from the LGBTQ community he can't even approach them unless it's to bestow upon them accolades, esteem, and acknowledge that they have more rights than he does.

Edit: My wife told me there was something the principal said that made her think the girl wore the tattoo because it looked nice, not because she was gay. So she's a dumb ass and my kid pays for it. Tomorrow could be an ugly day for me and that school.

Interesting choice of words.
09-02-2014 09:42 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

What words would you have used?
09-02-2014 09:46 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Take the 9 iron. Lol
09-02-2014 09:47 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(09-02-2014 09:47 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  Take the 9 iron. Lol

I'm telling ya, I'm a retard when it comes to stuff like this. It's absolutely a good thing that a day has to pass by before I go to that school.
09-02-2014 09:59 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(09-02-2014 09:42 PM)Doctor Krieger Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 09:30 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  So this is my son's first year in this particular high school - he's a sophomore. Since school just started a few weeks ago he didn't really get to start making friends until just recently. Today he was with those friends and they were talking to some girls that my son didn't know and being shy he just stood by and let everyone else talk. One of the girls had a rub on gay rainbow on her arm and my son asked her if she was gay. During the entire time the kids were together the only words he spoke were "are you gay?" This was verified to my wife by the principal who spoke with all the kids involved.

Interesting choice of words.

Seems more appropriate than the typical liberal retort of "are you a carpet muncher?"
09-02-2014 10:04 PM
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
Stevo,

My best advice. Let calmer heads prevail. They have all the power here. I know you don't want to hear that but it is true. You're new to the school. Is it a big school or small? What is the size of the graduating class? If it is a large school, remember they are dealing with 100 other things too. Try to get it reduced a day. Say hey we all got off on the wrong foot here, by golly gee I'm awfully sorry. Remember you are a blip on the principal's radar. Blend in and take your lumps don't try to avoid punishment try to negotiate it down by "it's best for the kid angle". Start off by by saying is there any other form of punishment. I sure can see why you thought it was wrong but little junior was just misunderstood. Can I have him go to the school guidance counselor instead? i don't want him falling behind so early tact. Keep the focus on what's best for him and the rainbow girl and STAY FUKEN CALM!!!! Don't put the principal on edge and get into a pissing match. The more at ease she is the better the outcome. They want to please you and most really want for you and junior to have a good experience Trust me they have all the cards let them play them for you not against you.
09-02-2014 10:13 PM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
You know. The rainbow girl could just be a my little pony amish girl too? You have to remember that she has parents too. You get the principal on your side taking the angle of looking out for your kidd too. Don't challenge her in a head on collision. Work with her trying the angle of helping your kid out. Help me help him kind of relationship. Your kid doesn't desevr two days out of school. That's asinine but remember. THEY HAVE ALL THE CARDS!
09-02-2014 10:19 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
You don't just up and ask someone if their gay. Seriously? You don't see anything wrong with that?

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
09-02-2014 10:22 PM
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
That perhaps is the most entertaining thread i've read in a long time.
09-02-2014 10:24 PM
Cali_Cat Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC fans to stop
Haha!!! I thought the cry baby pu$$y cons always say "I don't care about your sexuality, why do you keep mentioning it?!?!?!" Yet your son seemed quite interested in knowing what her sexuality was...I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the dumba$$ tree. Valid and fair suspension...07-coffee3
09-02-2014 10:26 PM
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
From elementary- to graduate-school, most people in positions of academic authority in America are neurotic, arbitrary, and vindictive towards any person (teacher, student, parent, etc.) who shows signs of being "non-progressive". Suspension sucks but a high school sophomore is actually lucky to learn that lesson now, rather than later at college when the stakes will be much higher.
09-02-2014 10:27 PM
john01992 Offline

(09-02-2014 10:26 PM)Cali_Cat Wrote:  Haha!!! I thought the cry baby pu$$y cons always say "I don't care about your sexuality, why do you keep mentioning it?!?!?!" Yet your son seemed quite interested in knowing what her sexuality was...I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the dumba$$ tree. Valid and fair suspension...07-coffee3

I hate commenting on personal threads attacking the OP for what he posted. But Cali Cat does make a very interesting point here...
09-02-2014 10:28 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(09-02-2014 10:28 PM)john01992 Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 10:26 PM)Cali_Cat Wrote:  Haha!!! I thought the cry baby pu$$y cons always say "I don't care about your sexuality, why do you keep mentioning it?!?!?!" Yet your son seemed quite interested in knowing what her sexuality was...I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the dumba$$ tree. Valid and fair suspension...07-coffee3

I hate commenting on personal threads attacking the OP for what he posted. But Cali Cat does make a very interesting point here...

did someone pull your thongs way up into your manginas tonite?
09-02-2014 10:30 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

Mach, thanks for the advice but I kind of already know what you were telling me. I'm going to the school tomorrow which is my kid's final day of suspension, so I'm not expecting to gain anything here. The odd ball thing here is my wife just had an IEP last week where she gave the school psychologist reports showing my kid has a neurological problem where, on one hand, he has an extremely high IQ (127), but on the other he's 3 years lagging in maturity (he's 16 but has the maturity of a 13 year old) and he can't control his impulses, which is usually his mouth. But in this case he can't understand why he's being punished for asking a question about being gay when the person is wearing something that symbolizes being gay. If I can calm down a bit, I'm going to try to lay a guilt trip on the school and tell them that, by punishing my kid for something he just can't understand, they've set back the progress he's been making.

Mach, I have a bad taste in my mouth for schools. My kid was suspended once for telling 2 girls who were picking on him that he wished the Grimm Reaper would visit them in their dreams. He was 6 when he said that. When he was 9, and remember, at the time he had the maturity level of a 6 year old, the school 5150'd him - they had him arrested - because he told a room full of kids that they'd regret laughing at him after the teacher embarrassed him in front of all of them. My wife and I took that to the school board and raised hell. We got a lawyer and the district actually changed their rules on 5150's.

Most principals I've dealt with are on power trips, school boards, or at least the one I dealt with, was a bit more reasonable.
09-02-2014 10:30 PM
john01992 Offline

(09-02-2014 10:30 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 10:28 PM)john01992 Wrote:  

did someone pull your thongs way up into your manginas tonite?

don't shoot the messenger
09-02-2014 10:34 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(09-02-2014 10:24 PM)john01992 Wrote:  That perhaps is the most entertaining thread i've read in a long time.

I really would enjoy meeting you some day, it would be something you'd never forget and leave the marks to keep reminding you.

You, too.
09-02-2014 10:35 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(09-02-2014 10:22 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  You don't just up and ask someone if their gay. Seriously? You don't see anything wrong with that?

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

Says you. I'm proud my kid doesn't have gaydar and has to ask.
09-02-2014 10:37 PM
john01992 Offline

(09-02-2014 10:30 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  Mach, thanks for the advice but I kind of already know what you were telling me. I'm going to the school tomorrow which is my kid's final day of suspension, so I'm not expecting to gain anything here. The odd ball thing here is my wife just had an IEP last week where she gave the school psychologist reports showing my kid has a neurological problem where, on one hand, he has an extremely high IQ (127), but on the other he's 3 years lagging in maturity (he's 16 but has the maturity of a 13 year old) and he can't control his impulses, which is usually his mouth. But in this case he can't understand why he's being punished for asking a question about being gay when the person is wearing something that symbolizes being gay. If I can calm down a bit, I'm going to try to lay a guilt trip on the school and tell them that, by punishing my kid for something he just can't understand, they've set back the progress he's been making.

Mach, I have a bad taste in my mouth for schools. My kid was suspended once for telling 2 girls who were picking on him that he wished the Grimm Reaper would visit them in their dreams. He was 6 when he said that. When he was 9, and remember, at the time he had the maturity level of a 6 year old, the school 5150'd him - they had him arrested - because he told a room full of kids that they'd regret laughing at him after the teacher embarrassed him in front of all of them. My wife and I took that to the school board and raised hell. We got a lawyer and the district actually changed their rules on 5150's.

Most principals I've dealt with are on power trips, school boards, or at least the one I dealt with, was a bit more reasonable.

TBH, kids take attitudes that often reflect their parents attitudes. You never really could be classified as someone who is "politically correct" in your attitudes towards gays and the same could be said for how you refer to them on this forum.

That is politely my way of telling you that the problem isn't the school, the problem is you.
09-02-2014 10:38 PM
Cali_Cat Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC fans to stop
I could say some really funny stuff, but I'll refrain. Take a deep breath smn1256, you'll be alright...07-coffee3
09-02-2014 10:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.