Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New WBB Commit
Bookmark and Share
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
New WBB Commit
According to her twitter, 6-3 Forward Kaayla McIntyre from Toledo Notre Dame has committed to UT.

Don't know anything about her, but this sight has her as a 4 star recruit (and I don't know what that means for WBB).
http://prospectsnation.com/player/kaayla-mcintyre

ESPN also has her highly graded.
09-02-2014 07:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: New WBB Commit
Some highlights from last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdHGUh8eSas
handles the ball really well for such a big player.
09-02-2014 07:43 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Not sure either but the 4 star we got from Chicago, who got injured and left, was supposedly one of the highest rated recruits ever in the MAC. Highlights were not very helpful but she looks to have a good frame and move well.
09-02-2014 07:50 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

Got the ball rolling on local kids choosing UT. First Green, now McIntrye. I'm feeling a vibe!

BIG get for the university and for the team. Congrats Coach!
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 07:57 PM by eastisbest.)
09-02-2014 07:57 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Niice! Great local get for Cullop and the Rockets! There's a few other local players from around the area that Toledo really wants, hopefully this signing helps with them.
09-02-2014 10:31 PM
n2DaRockets Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
great news!!!!!!!!!
09-03-2014 09:55 AM
Advertisement

DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Nice get. Listed as 6-2 as a junior. First team all-district, 12.7 ppg. Second team DI all-state.
09-03-2014 10:10 AM
PTLROCK Offline
1st String

Excellent on many fronts. It is great hometown talent is climbing on board.
09-03-2014 05:06 PM
Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
Looks like we will have depth in the post for the next 4-5 years if everyone stays with the program. Wouldn't surprise me if Kessler or Dorr starts the season at center as Reecher is still a work in progress. I've gotta believe that several of these incoming freshmen are going to be really good players.
09-04-2014 07:04 AM
utrocks84 Offline
Special Teams

I would hope a full year of Reecher being in a college level strength and conditioning program and being coached by D1 coaches would put her in front of HS players who didn't play against the greatest competition and haven't benefited from D1 coaching and strength training. If they are we are in trouble until they catch up with better programs in the league and who else we play. Now having them provide depth is needed and something entirely different than starting.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 07:33 AM by utrocks84.)
09-04-2014 07:31 AM
Dwight Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rockets
It's also possible that we don't start a center this year, instead putting Monakana at the 5.
09-04-2014 08:09 AM
Advertisement

DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(09-04-2014 08:09 AM)Dwight Wrote:  It's also possible that we don't start a center this year, instead putting Monakana at the 5.

That would be an interesting experiment since she's barely six foot. I think her future is as a forward who can drive to the basket. Last year she was out of control and that hurt her ability to score.If she can slow her game down until her ability catches up to her speed, she can be an excellent player. IMO
09-04-2014 10:21 AM
n2DaRockets Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Reecher is seemingly in over her head at UT basketball-wise. She is a super likeable young lady on all levels but her play is not "stellar". I see her getting limited minutes in 2015.
09-04-2014 11:10 AM
utrocks84 Offline
Special Teams

Too bad n2DaRockets as Cullop has seemed to reach for others the last few years and wiffed on some too. Hopefully this class coming in who has some players who don't come from hotbeds for basketball ie Minnesota and Canada can produce. Nice to see Cullop get a commit from a local girl as way to many have gotten away the past few years. The caliber of recruiting the past few years hasn't been close to the mens program in quality and proximity.
09-04-2014 12:05 PM
Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
(09-04-2014 08:09 AM)Dwight Wrote:  It's also possible that we don't start a center this year, instead putting Monakana at the 5.

Against certain teams, Monakana at #5 position makes sense especially with Inma's rebounding abilities.
09-04-2014 02:10 PM
FredJay Offline
1st String

Reecher did look like a long-term project last season but she worked especially hard on conditioning in the spring and summer and will be starting the season slimmer, stronger, and quicker. If she can improve her defense and post moves under the tutelage of Vicki Hall before November, she should get some meaningful minutes.
09-04-2014 04:27 PM
Advertisement

northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

I didn't think Reecher looks over her head - she looked like a freshman last season. She did some really good things at times, but needed to get stronger and adapt to the speed of the college game. I believe that if she is working as hard as Fred says, she will be a needed contributor this season.

I happened to catch portions of a couple of the U18 Canada games in the FIBA America's tourney. Kessler is long and lean and runs the court very well, but she didn't look very strong at all yet, and wasn't much of a presence on offense at all. There is potential there, but she has a lot of work to do in my opinion to get ready for the US college game. Hopefully, I'll be surprised, but I am not counting on her to be an immediate impact player her freshman year.

But that's ok ... as I have said before here a number of times, some of our most fondly remembered players did not blossom or contribute much at all til their Junior or Senior seasons.
09-04-2014 06:02 PM
FredJay Offline
1st String

(09-04-2014 06:02 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  I didn't think Reecher looks over her head - she looked like a freshman last season. She did some really good things at times, but needed to get stronger and adapt to the speed of the college game. I believe that if she is working as hard as Fred says, she will be a needed contributor this season.

I happened to catch portions of a couple of the U18 Canada games in the FIBA America's tourney. Kessler is long and lean and runs the court very well, but she didn't look very strong at all yet, and wasn't much of a presence on offense at all. There is potential there, but she has a lot of work to do in my opinion to get ready for the US college game. Hopefully, I'll be surprised, but I am not counting on her to be an immediate impact player her freshman year.

But that's ok ... as I have said before here a number of times, some of our most fondly remembered players did not blossom or contribute much at all til their Junior or Senior seasons.

I also watched the FIBA tournament games that Canada participated in and came away with the same impression of Kessler that NCR did: long, lean, runs the floor well, but needs to become stronger before she will become a presence. She is athletic but looked timid on offense as well as defense. The Toledo staff, however, is quite enthused about her future .
09-04-2014 09:32 PM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
They really need someone from this class such as Boyd or maybe the new Brit to step up right now, from the opening tip off this year and play well from the git-go----they don't have to Cha Sweeney good, but good enough to effectively run the offense---do that and they should have a winning season this year.
09-04-2014 10:17 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Thought the frosh from Mi was projected to start at PG? I think we'll get some quality time from this class.
09-05-2014 07:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.