Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Coaching
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
Coaching
No complaints today about our High School Coach? 05-stirthepot

Last year posters were saying we didn't have the talent to compete. We come back with basically the same guys and it looks 100% different. That's coaching.

Guy turned to me at the game and said he hasn't seen us look so good in 13 years. I agreed.
08-30-2014 04:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ICB Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
RE: Coaching
(08-30-2014 04:03 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  No complaints today about our High School Coach? 05-stirthepot

Last year posters were saying we didn't have the talent to compete. We come back with basically the same guys and it looks 100% different. That's coaching.

Guy turned to me at the game and said he hasn't seen us look so good in 13 years. I agreed.

Are you saying the right coach can win at UAB?
08-30-2014 04:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I'm happy with the win, but experience has taught me to be cautious.
08-30-2014 04:19 PM
nicknitro19 Offline
Special Teams

Vast improvements. I didn't see the blocking in the back, holding, or false starts and the other penalties that held us back in the past years. I am very impressed with Coach Clark. One of my UAB students dates a football player on the defense. I asked her how they liked Coach Clark she said they liked him, but he was very tough on discipline. Well it showed today.
08-30-2014 04:28 PM
cb4029 Offline

Donators
(08-30-2014 04:19 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  I'm happy with the win, but experience has taught me to be cautious.

+1

I wouldn't crown him until a season or two has passed, but I can't ignore the signs a guy who knows what he's doing. We don't really have a solid foundation, so I'd expect a few rough spots ahead. I do think that, he thinks, he has inherited the perfect team at the perfect time. He's kind of hinted at that without really saying the words.

Anyway, we have talent, and we will win more than two games. 03-woohoo
08-30-2014 04:31 PM
DM Blazer Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: The Blazers
(08-30-2014 04:19 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  I'm happy with the win, but experience has taught me to be cautious.

Bets were in after the game on how long it would take you to put a negative spin on it.The blazer faithful will enjoy this game and many to come.Its a new day mb enjoy it with us
08-30-2014 04:32 PM
Advertisement

Blazer85 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB Blazers
I spoke with someone who has a relative on the team, and she emphasized the intensity of the strength and conditioning under Clark. I've heard it is worlds apart from where McGee was.

The coaching is improved in virtually every aspect. I saw good use of timeouts. Good adjustments when Troy would start to get something going. Good time/clock management. Only 1 time did we have a delay of game penalty.

I know it is just one game, but I like what I see. The team responded well after that first score. Things really could have turned south had they let that affect them. Focused is a good word for this team. You could see that they were on a mission.
08-30-2014 04:35 PM
BlazerDave Offline
1st String

(08-30-2014 04:35 PM)Blazer85 Wrote:  I spoke with someone who has a relative on the team, and she emphasized the intensity of the strength and conditioning under Clark. I've heard it is worlds apart from where McGee was.

The coaching is improved in virtually every aspect. I saw good use of timeouts. Good adjustments when Troy would start to get something going. Good time/clock management. Only 1 time did we have a delay of game penalty.

I know it is just one game, but I like what I see. The team responded well after that first score. Things really could have turned south had they let that affect them. Focused is a good word for this team. You could see that they were on a mission.

...and I believe that delay penalty was intentional to run clock before halftime.
08-30-2014 04:40 PM
cb4029 Offline

Donators
After the first Troy drive against our defense, I said to myself that coaching would fix that. It did, and we didn't even have to wait until halftime. LOL

MB better enjoy football season, because basketball...well...05-stirthepot
08-30-2014 04:42 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(08-30-2014 04:32 PM)DMBLAZER Wrote:  

Bets were in after the game on how long it would take you to put a negative spin on it.The blazer faithful will enjoy this game and many to come.Its a new day mb enjoy it with us

MB is right here. Whether we won the game by 3 or 103, it was simply one win. We have won games before, sometimes we even win 2 or 3. There is no negative spin, simply cautious optimism. If we lose our first 3 conference games, are we going to look back and say, well at least we beat Troy by 38?
08-30-2014 04:50 PM
DM Blazer Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: The Blazers
(08-30-2014 04:50 PM)blazers9911 Wrote:  

MB is right here. Whether we won the game by 3 or 103, it was simply one win. We have won games before, sometimes we even win 2 or 3. There is no negative spin, simply cautious optimism. If we lose our first 3 conference games, are we going to look back and say, well at least we beat Troy by 38?
Just curious have you read his other 100K negative comments.
08-30-2014 05:11 PM
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

How is that a negative spin. Quit looking for someone to attack.
08-30-2014 05:32 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
I think that MB is simply an older version of blazers9911 LOL.. They won't let you be happy about something without saying "WELLLLLL... Buttttt..."
08-30-2014 05:36 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

(08-30-2014 05:11 PM)DMBLAZER Wrote:  
(08-30-2014 04:50 PM)blazers9911 Wrote:  

Just curious have you read his other 100K negative comments.

I did not make a negative comment. Get over yourself.
08-30-2014 05:36 PM
LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
(08-30-2014 04:03 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  Last year posters were saying we didn't have the talent to compete. We come back with basically the same guys and it looks 100% different. That's coaching.

i agree that people did say that. i agreed that we didn't have the athletes to go undefeated, but often argued that we were getting far less from the athletes we had than what we should…
i still agree that mcgee was WAY underachieving.
at the same time, i expect some rough spots to come with what is still a new system…
but I'm ecstatic about todays game
08-30-2014 05:41 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

Troy was 6-6 (3 times as many wins as us, for the mathly challenged) and returned a lot of starters on a pretty potent offense. They are at least on par with the cusa teams we will play this year. Blowing them them out like this was a great sign. Unless Troy had a horrible day or they are worse than we have been the past 3-4 years, this was a great sign. Enjoy it.
08-30-2014 05:41 PM
Advertisement

stc Offline
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong

We made ADJUSTMENTS!!! I wept uncontrollably. I will remain cautious but we haven't played that well in any game I remember.
08-30-2014 05:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

(08-30-2014 05:42 PM)stc Wrote:  We made ADJUSTMENTS!!! I wept uncontrollably. I will remain cautious but we haven't played that well in any game I remember.

Careful, you will get called out if you use the "cautious" word. If you are not making your bowl plans now, some here accuse you of being negative.
08-30-2014 05:50 PM
uab blazer 01 Offline
1st String

This game will be huge for instate recruiting although it looks like South Alabama is the new force to be reckoned with on the recruiting tail.
08-30-2014 07:28 PM
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
If you want to pick one play that epitomized our defense today from defenses of the past 10 years it's this one:
In the third quarter we had them in a 3rd and long and showed three deep zone, with soft coverage underneath, otherwise known as the same sort of prevent D that has caused up to give up so many 10+ yard 3rd down conversions year after year. The troy receivers were actually pointing it out to the QB pre-snap and you could visibly see their QB relax, it was almost like a cartoon thought bubble appeared above his head that said "Yeah, we can pick this **** apart easy." He got the snap and 5 receivers streaked into deep routs, only for their QB to, again, visibly from the stands, tighten up as the 2 blitzers he never saw coming streaked into the backfield. He sidestepped one guy and then threw it under heavy pressure, the ball falling incomplete out of bounds a good 15 yards from his nearest receiver.
08-30-2014 07:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.