Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Just a quick parking question
Bookmark and Share
ToddMundtOneRebound Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Memphis
Just a quick parking question
Original plan was to set up in liberty land area. Wanting to avoid a potential mud pit now. Is tan lot public. if so i just need an address or intersection of some sort to put in the gps. coming over from Missouri and not real familiar with fairgrounds area. thanks
08-29-2014 12:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DDrum1961 Offline
1st String

RE: Just a quick parking question
(08-29-2014 12:30 PM)ToddMundtOneRebound Wrote:  Original plan was to set up in liberty land area. Wanting to avoid a potential mud pit now. Is tan lot public. if so i just need an address or intersection of some sort to put in the gps. coming over from Missouri and not real familiar with fairgrounds area. thanks

Try Southern and Early Maxwell ... Worked on my IPhone Maps option
08-29-2014 01:48 PM
Mick Light Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
08-29-2014 01:50 PM
TJT Offline
Headless Thompson Gunner

I Root For: another beer
(08-29-2014 01:50 PM)Mick Light Wrote:  3777

Free shuttle service.

Doesn't go to the game doe.

Only to the Lo.
08-29-2014 01:52 PM
Trapper John Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tigers
The Board of Education / Tobey Field area has plenty of parking. Its about two blocks total away from Liberty Bowl, basically the corner of Central and Hollywood, and its still free I believe.
08-29-2014 01:56 PM
aardWolf Offline
Heisman

(08-29-2014 12:30 PM)ToddMundtOneRebound Wrote:  Original plan was to set up in liberty land area. Wanting to avoid a potential mud pit now. Is tan lot public. if so i just need an address or intersection of some sort to put in the gps. coming over from Missouri and not real familiar with fairgrounds area. thanks

If you're just wanting parking, there's a lot you can park in ON HOLLYWOOD just across the street from the stadium. Parking is $10, and I parked there one year before I started getting the Blue Lot passes.
08-29-2014 02:15 PM
Advertisement

Mick Light Offline
Banned

The Children's Museum used to have parking for $5. Dick Hackett was collecting the money last time I parked there.
08-29-2014 02:24 PM
aardWolf Offline
Heisman

(08-29-2014 02:24 PM)Mick Light Wrote:  The Children's Museum used to have parking for $5. Dick Hackett was collecting the money last time I parked there.

I got letter from him a couple of years back (because we had a Children's Museum membership). I saved the file April 26th, 2011, so it must have been around then. His signature looked highly inappropriate...

(I'm not making this up, I swear)

[Image: dickhackett.png]
08-29-2014 02:33 PM
Mick Light Offline
Banned

LMAO!
08-29-2014 02:38 PM
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
The grass area that was the west coliseum parking lot has plastic parking mesh installed FYI
08-29-2014 04:00 PM
ToddMundtOneRebound Offline
Bench Warmer

Thanks for all the responses. very helpful
08-29-2014 05:12 PM
Advertisement

Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
Robilios
08-29-2014 06:17 PM
tigers1125 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tigers
Have some of last year's public parking been converted to HH or other Tiger Club parking this year? It appears so in this map?
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/mem/...g_2010.pdf
08-30-2014 11:58 AM
SNF6 Offline
Go To Hell Ole Miss

I Root For: Vol Free USA
(08-29-2014 02:24 PM)Mick Light Wrote:  The Children's Museum used to have parking for $5. Dick Hackett was collecting the money last time I parked there.

I think it went up to $10. It is a great place to park, used for several years before Tiger Lane opened.
08-30-2014 12:10 PM
21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS BY DAMN
(08-29-2014 02:33 PM)aardWolf Wrote:  

I got letter from him a couple of years back (because we had a Children's Museum membership). I saved the file April 26th, 2011, so it must have been around then. His signature looked highly inappropriate...

(I'm not making this up, I swear)

[Image: dickhackett.png]

lol. Yes, that's his signature. I used to work for him.
08-31-2014 12:35 AM
21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS BY DAMN
Just wondering ~ is there some reason why no one seems to realize there is tons and tons of free, on-street parking just to the west of Tiger Lane in the nice neighborhoods? There is even a police presence to help you cross Parkway.

Why people think they have to park on Liberty Bowl property and actually PAY for it is beyond me, unless you have passengers who cannot walk very far or a lot to unload for a tailgate. I have parked across Parkway for every game since Tiger Lane was built with no problems, no crime, and easy access to Tiger Lane.
08-31-2014 12:38 AM
Advertisement

geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
Or you could park at the Buntyn Cafe' like my wife and I did for the Rams/Raiders game and walk (she was 7 months pregnant 03-lmfao ). I remember saying several times "it's just over this hill..."
08-31-2014 11:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FUB Offline
1st String

I Root For: memphis tigers
Who controlls the parking in the tan lots next to silver lot 4 ?
08-31-2014 11:58 AM
Mick Light Offline
Banned

(08-31-2014 12:38 AM)21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Wrote:  Just wondering ~ is there some reason why no one seems to realize there is tons and tons of free, on-street parking just to the west of Tiger Lane in the nice neighborhoods? There is even a police presence to help you cross Parkway.

I took your advice and parked on S Cox St. While the neighborhood wasn't exactly nice as you describe there was no harm done to may car so that was nice.

I did get to see and home made leaping Tiger logo on one of the houses on Nelson. First time I have ever seen one where the Tiger jumps to the left instead of the right.

And there was a police presence on Parkway but they were busy checking their cell phones to bother helping anyone cross the street. At least that is what I observed when I crossed twice.
09-02-2014 01:49 PM
Briskbas Online
Heisman

(09-02-2014 01:49 PM)Mick Light Wrote:  
(08-31-2014 12:38 AM)21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Wrote:  Just wondering ~ is there some reason why no one seems to realize there is tons and tons of free, on-street parking just to the west of Tiger Lane in the nice neighborhoods? There is even a police presence to help you cross Parkway.

I took your advice and parked on S Cox St. While the neighborhood wasn't exactly nice as you describe there was no harm done to may car so that was nice.

I did get to see and home made leaping Tiger logo on one of the houses on Nelson. First time I have ever seen one where the Tiger jumps to the left instead of the right.

And there was a police presence on Parkway but they were busy checking their cell phones to bother helping anyone cross the street. At least that is what I observed when I crossed twice.

I used to live on S Cox between Young and Central. That's a perfectly fine neighborhood. Walked to games all the time. Actually had more of a problem with the yahoos parking in the neighborhood throwing their trash everywhere than anything.
09-02-2014 02:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.