First My View of 2014 Football Season - UNH
Bookmark and Share
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
First My View of 2014 Football Season - UNH
Season opener preview of the UNH Wildcats
08-25-2014 06:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

lovedagame Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Toledo
RE: First My View of 2014 Football Season - UNH
(08-25-2014 06:04 PM)NewMex RocketFan Wrote:  Season opener preview of the UNH Wildcats

Concise, no fluff. Most don't realize how good some of the "1AA" college programs are. They might be a little slower, shorter, or less talented but they do usually play disciplined with a chip on their shoulder.05-nono05-nono
08-25-2014 07:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ToledoMike Offline
1st String

Thanks NewMex, our first game is upon us! I like the fact that NH is an up-tempo team. This game should be fun to watch. Early experience against this type of offense will also help us prepare for that team down south and the Babers hot potato they claim to be slinging around these days. Discipline-wise, this NH team should be just as good on both sides of the ball as what we will see from the best teams in the MAC. This is a great opener for us, let's hope our guys are ready to impress at home. I expect to see a semi-balanced attack from the Rockets with a slight lean towards the run. If we can't control the LOS and enforce our ground game, then we have no business being in the hunt for a MACC. Then again, If we have offensive success early, then we will likely see the playbook open up for Ely for more longer down-field looks.
08-25-2014 10:12 PM
Carolina Rocket Offline
Token fat guy

I Root For: Toledo
Well done, Tom. I always enjoy these. Making me fall like we've got a game right around the corner or somethin'....
08-25-2014 10:54 PM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
They were up 13-0 last season vs. CMU and blew the lead as time expired to lose 24-21. They are better than probably half of the MAC. It could end up like Akron at worst case scenario. But it also could end up like our game vs. CMU. I expect the defense to drown any momentum they get by a turnover or successful fake play. Our running game will probably be too much for them to handle also. Rockets 41- UNH 9
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014 08:32 AM by UofToledoFans.)
08-26-2014 08:31 AM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-25-2014 07:42 PM)lovedagame Wrote:  
(08-25-2014 06:04 PM)NewMex RocketFan Wrote:  Season opener preview of the UNH Wildcats

Concise, no fluff. Most don't realize how good some of the "1AA" college programs are. They might be a little slower, shorter, or less talented but they do usually play disciplined with a chip on their shoulder.05-nono05-nono

Thanks lovedagame. I work hard to divorce fluff from football. 03-lmfao
No mistake this is a talented Wildcats team. They are a bit smaller and less physical but very good at execution. The military academy teams are similar in composition. The major disadvantage is having 63 vs 85 scholarships translating into a depth issue.
08-26-2014 10:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-25-2014 10:12 PM)ToledoMike Wrote:  Thanks NewMex, our first game is upon us! I like the fact that NH is an up-tempo team. This game should be fun to watch. Early experience against this type of offense will also help us prepare for that team down south and the Babers hot potato they claim to be slinging around these days. Discipline-wise, this NH team should be just as good on both sides of the ball as what we will see from the best teams in the MAC. This is a great opener for us, let's hope our guys are ready to impress at home. I expect to see a semi-balanced attack from the Rockets with a slight lean towards the run. If we can't control the LOS and enforce our ground game, then we have no business being in the hunt for a MACC. Then again, If we have offensive success early, then we will likely see the playbook open up for Ely for more longer down-field looks.

Well put ToledoMike. The Wildcats' up tempo should be very helpful in dealing with the Falcons and similar abilities between Goldrich and Johnson.
I agree that the Rockets should employ a run heavy offensive game plan Saturday. Lots of depth at running back plus a deep OL. It will be interesting to see the aerial attack against a pretty good UNH secondary.
08-26-2014 11:00 AM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-26-2014 08:31 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  They were up 13-0 last season vs. CMU and blew the lead as time expired to lose 24-21. They are better than probably half of the MAC. It could end up like Akron at worst case scenario. But it also could end up like our game vs. CMU. I expect the defense to drown any momentum they get by a turnover or successful fake play. Our running game will probably be too much for them to handle also. Rockets 41- UNH 9

This game should be a very good test for the Rockets' pass defense. Goldrich is a solid QB with a load of good receivers.
08-26-2014 11:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.