Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

DNC Official Urges Dems To Capitalize On Racial Strife In Ferguson…
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
DNC Official Urges Dems To Capitalize On Racial Strife In Ferguson…
[Image: 2r7yc8j.jpg]

Racial politics, and damn proud of it.

Quote: The racial unrest caused by tensions over the shooting of black teenager Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., could be a rallying cry for Democratic get-out-the-vote efforts, according to the voter education committee chair for the Democratic Southern caucus.

“There is a story beneath the story in Ferguson,” chairwoman Janet May said at the Southern Caucus meeting during the Democratic National Convention in Atlanta on Friday.

May ran through the stats of the 21,000-person Missouri town: 13,000 black citizens, about 7,000 white. Five city council members– one of whom was black. Fifty-three policemen – 50 of whom were white. A white mayor.

“Do you see the picture here?” May said. “These folk don’t vote in local or midterm elections.”

She added: “Now if we can’t take that scenario and roll it into a message for our party, we just need to pack it up and go home. Because we have been grasping for a message.”

That message is particularly important in Georgia, where Democrats are relying on African American voters making up at least 30 percent of the electorate to give them a chance. Democratic prognosticators have also targeted about 800,000 likely minority voters who sat out past midterm elections.

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2014/08/22/...vote-push/
08-25-2014 04:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
RE: DNC Official Urges Dems To Capitalize On Racial Strife In Ferguson…
Well of course. Brown is how the Democrats are going to try and keep the Senate. That was the plan all along. I doubt it's going to work.
08-25-2014 04:39 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Quote:May ran through the stats of the 21,000-person Missouri town: 13,000 black citizens, about 7,000 white. Five city council members– one of whom was black. Fifty-three policemen – 50 of whom were white. A white mayor.

“Do you see the picture here?” May said. “These folk don’t vote in local or midterm elections.”

So they're automatically assuming that no blacks vote? Maybe blacks voted for the white guys. And if this is the sh!t a white guy has to put up with in that dung heap of a town, then give him credit for wanting to be a mayor or city councilman in a town that is currently being chewed up by liberals and will soon be spit out.
08-25-2014 05:08 PM
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
Capitalizing on racial strife has been Dems' bread-and-butter for several generations. That's just what they do.
08-25-2014 05:19 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
EXACTLY what I predicted in my October surprise post.
08-25-2014 05:36 PM
pharaoh0 Offline
Triggered by Microaggressions

I Root For: Duke, L'ville
(08-25-2014 05:19 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Capitalizing on racial strife has been Dems' bread-and-butter for several generations. That's just what they do.

+1
08-25-2014 05:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.