Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Muslim Complains About Bacon Sign; Restaurant Removes Citing Safety Concerns
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
Breitbart reports that Sneakers Bistro, a restaurant located in Winooski, Vermont, placed an advertising sign in an area where local businesses were allowed to advertise in exchange for helping to maintain city flowerbeds. As a restaurant known for its breakfast, they posted a sign that pictured bacon along with the saying “Sneakers Yields Bacon.”

A woman, who identified herself as Muslim, posted in a community forum that she was personally offended by the sign. The unidentified woman said the sign was “insensitive to those who do not consume pork.”

After it was brought to their attention, the owners of Sneakers Bistro removed the sign and posted the following message on their Facebook page.
http://www.tpnn.com/2014/08/24/muslim-co...-concerns/
08-25-2014 11:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
RE: Muslim Complains About Bacon Sign; Restaurant Removes Citing Safety Concerns
I don't eat Halal meat and find things like this personally offensive...

[Image: Halal_shop_sign,_Rue_de_Patay,_Paris_13.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2014 11:57 AM by Bull_In_Exile.)
08-25-2014 11:57 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: Muslim Complains About Bacon Sign; Restaurant Removes Citing Safety Concerns
Quote:The cool part of living in a diverse community is that it’s not always comfortable. It’s a fascinating place with lots of opportunities for conversation.

Ok, but the muzzie couldn't handle the discomfort, and the ***** restaurant owner specifically said he didn't want the conversation.

So what was this leftist's point exactly?
08-25-2014 11:57 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
Seems the "safety" remark was an overreaction by the restaurant. I wouldn't have taken down the sign due to one complaint, unless that complaint came from a very large percentage of my customer base.
08-25-2014 11:59 AM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
(08-25-2014 11:59 AM)VA49er Wrote:  Seems the "safety" remark was an overreaction by the restaurant. I wouldn't have taken down the sign due to one complaint, unless that complaint came from a very large percentage of my customer base.

and that would not be a good sign for American society.
08-25-2014 12:01 PM
Advertisement

South Carolina Duke Offline
Banned

I Root For: James Madison
Muslims are offensive to me. Tell b-ach to pound sand.

Grow up and stop pacifying all the pukes in this country.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
08-25-2014 12:07 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
Something sort of related...

"You are from the generation of post war prosperity, retirement benefits, diversity, sexual liberation, and free lunch. We are 25% unemployment, social debt, multicultural collapse; we are broken families and dead soldiers."
08-25-2014 12:11 PM
AngryAphid Offline
Arthropod of Truth

I Root For: Braves
I don’t eat pork, but like the fact that others do… it leaves more ribeyes for me.
08-25-2014 01:06 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
This is how it starts; first we give in on the small things, probably because the bistro owner doesn't want his head cut off, and eventually we'll hand over everything.

Some people have posted that they're afraid of the world their kids will have when they grow up and I used to think it was hyperbole. Not any more.
08-25-2014 01:18 PM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(08-25-2014 01:18 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  This is how it starts; first we give in on the small things, probably because the bistro owner doesn't want his head cut off, and eventually we'll hand over everything.

Some people have posted that they're afraid of the world their kids will have when they grow up and I used to think it was hyperbole. Not any more.

People usually fight back when invaders come. Not leftists!
08-25-2014 01:20 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
[Image: BJZRqx4CcAAACSQ.jpg]
08-25-2014 01:20 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
The only safety concern is whether or not that muslim **** will come in there and try to behead anyone eating bacon or not. If she don't like the sign, tough shiit.
08-25-2014 01:21 PM
pharaoh0 Offline
Triggered by Microaggressions

I Root For: Duke, L'ville
(08-25-2014 01:18 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  This is how it starts; first we give in on the small things, probably because the bistro owner doesn't want his head cut off, and eventually we'll hand over everything.

so true.
08-25-2014 01:22 PM
Advertisement

QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
I wonder if the woman has had her genitals mutilated?

They seem to get really bent over a sign but willingly (ok, maybe not willingly) submit themselves to degradation and abuse.
08-25-2014 01:45 PM
MemphisTiger15 Offline
Banned

I Root For: an AAC 'ship
(08-25-2014 01:21 PM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  The only safety concern is whether or not that muslim **** will come in there and try to behead anyone eating bacon or not. If she don't like the sign, tough shiit.

Probably not where you live. Folks down there would take ol' Muhammad "alligator hunting" and use him as bait.
08-25-2014 02:16 PM
Claw Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
I am thinking a line of CafePress items featuring an American flag made out of bacon.

Would it sell?
08-25-2014 11:22 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(08-25-2014 01:21 PM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  The only safety concern is whether or not that muslim **** will come in there and try to behead anyone eating bacon or not.

Eh, that's a stretch. I was in a bar with 4 Egyptions the other night and the bar was having a "bacon night". The Egyptions were having just as much fun as everyone else but they didn't eat the bacon. They did drink the beer though. Good people.
08-26-2014 08:12 AM
Advertisement

CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Next thing you know this guy will have to change his name

[Image: kevin-bacon.jpg?w=500&h=432]
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014 09:29 AM by CliftonAve.)
08-26-2014 09:29 AM
CardFan1 Online
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
Probably the smell reminds Her of.......................................
08-26-2014 10:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.