Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

1st game Depth Chart
Bookmark and Share
NKOTB Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: EMU Eagles
1st game Depth Chart
Board members,

I am not sure if I had missed it but has there been a announcement of the starters or the depth chart? We are week removed from the 1st game and i thought maybe we should had heard something by now. Has anyone hear anything about this?
08-22-2014 03:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
RE: 1st game Depth Chart
(08-22-2014 03:15 PM)NKOTB Wrote:  Board members,

I am not sure if I had missed it but has there been a announcement of the starters or the depth chart? We are week removed from the 1st game and i thought maybe we should had heard something by now. Has anyone hear anything about this?

Historically (when RE was coach) the 2-deeps were announced made known when Sports Info did the Game One game notes on MONDAY of game week (typically in the afternoon).

For those who can't wait, it is 72 hours and counting...
08-22-2014 03:18 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
So I'll throw out my predictions (starters) while we wait!

QB:Bolden
RB: Hill
HB: Brumfield
TE: Russell
WR: Creel
WR: Gibson

OT:Hansen
OG: Allison
C: Hurcombe
OG: Terrell
OT: McFadden

DE: O'Connor
DT: Brown
DE: Steals

OLB: Spearman
ILB: Matt
ILB: Ibe
OLB: Zappone

CB: Creear
S: Cotton
S: KJohnson
CB: Scott

Let's see how far off I am on Monday.
08-22-2014 04:03 PM
Huron Boy Offline
2nd String

(08-22-2014 04:03 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  So I'll throw out my predictions (starters) while we wait!

QB:Bolden
RB: Hill
HB: Brumfield
TE: Russell
WR: Creel
WR: Gibson

OT:Hansen
OG: Allison
C: Hurcombe
OG: Terrell
OT: McFadden

DE: O'Connor
DT: Brown
DE: Steals

OLB: Spearman
ILB: Matt
ILB: Ibe
OLB: Zappone

CB: Creear
S: Cotton
S: KJohnson
CB: Scott

Let's see how far off I am on Monday.

I think you're spot on - likely see 2 or even 3 QBs vs. Morgan State.
08-22-2014 04:20 PM
EAGLE KING Offline
1st String

1st game Depth Chart
Pretty sure Allison is going to be playing center and I see clay Dawson taking the linebacker spot over zappone.

http://www.emueagles.com/news/2014/8/19/...h=football

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2014 06:42 PM by EAGLE KING.)
08-22-2014 06:39 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

(08-22-2014 06:39 PM)EAGLE KING Wrote:  Pretty sure Allison is going to be playing center and I see clay Dawson taking the linebacker spot over zappone.

http://www.emueagles.com/news/2014/8/19/...h=football

See? I'm already wrong. Off to a flying start with that prediction! 04-rock
08-22-2014 07:20 PM
Advertisement

KPJ Online
1st String

I would be surprised if Gibson started at WR, but I'm not as in tune as I could be so who knows.
I also think the DB picture will look different than what's listed above.
08-23-2014 08:06 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
My caveat on all of this is as follows.

In D-I football coaches play this game:

They want to schedule a cupcake for the home opener, guaranteed win, etc. etc. Leave the fans happy and optimistic.

Coaches also use that game to hold out players who have issues such as injuries, suspensions, etc. So if a kid screwed up during the off season, he can sit game #1 for the infamous 'undisclosed violation of team rules."

This is CC's first season at EMU so we'll see if there are any surprises where a starter might be listed #3 on the depth chart indicating that he is in the 2-deeps but won't start for whatever reason which could be injury or suspension.

I believe we saw that with RE to.

There was an off-the-field incident a few years ago and kids got moved down the depth chart for a game or two. No one really talked about the reasons publically but there were rumors out there with details.
08-23-2014 08:18 AM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

(08-23-2014 08:06 AM)KPJ Wrote:  I would be surprised if Gibson started at WR, but I'm not as in tune as I could be so who knows.
I also think the DB picture will look different than what's listed above.

Different how? Only position in the secondary that is a toss-up, in my estimation, is Kevin Johnson's safety slot. The other 3 are returning starters, or on-again off-again starters. Unless someone knows something I don't, which probably isn't tough because I have literally zero inside info.
08-23-2014 08:24 AM
EagleHawk Offline
Special Teams

Whoa! Just came out Reggie Bell is starting at QB. Bet nobody saw that one coming.
08-25-2014 09:09 AM
EAGLE KING Offline
1st String

1st game Depth Chart
https://twitter.com/kenmather_mac/status...5900506113

08-25-2014 09:15 AM
Advertisement

FrankAnderson Offline
All American

Wow. I'm shocked.
08-25-2014 09:22 AM
EAGLE KING Offline
1st String

1st game Depth Chart
I think Reggie not only fits the system they want to run best, but has the most experience with it. Was very impressive in the spring game.

08-25-2014 09:24 AM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

Definitely didn't see that coming at all. Maybe all 3 get some work against Morgan State?

Wow. This will be interesting, as I can't imagine any of us have ever seen Bell play. I'm even more excited for this game now.
08-25-2014 09:29 AM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear Friends,
Let us not get to crazy about this decision of starting Bell at quarterback.
Are Bolden and Roback hurt? Or is this based on who can best deliver the offense? Or, as someone mentioned in another thread, maybe all three will play with Bell getting the start.
Remember this is the first game, and if things roll Eastern's way, there may be a lot of changes in personnel to see who can do what.
Keep in mind that the second game is Florida, and Coach Creighton and staff might want to see if certain players are fitting into their scheme.
08-25-2014 09:31 AM
NKOTB Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: EMU Eagles
Wow, I didn't see this coming but I must admit that Bell played very strong in the 2014 spring game. This kid (Bell) can straight out run and he will be able to cause the defense to stay in their lane and not pin their ears back for a all-out rush.

I must get this off my chest, CC has some very big sacks to make this QB 1st game call. This is a man who is very secure in what he want do and has no problem going against the norm.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw all 3 QB's on Saturday. I bet you Florida will have to make adjustment for Bell.
08-25-2014 10:09 AM
Advertisement

EMUAARON Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hurons
this is wild. just get me to Rynearson on Saturday.
08-25-2014 10:11 AM
Huron Boy Offline
2nd String

Damn!!!

I'm sure we'll see all three on Saturday - curious how the other two are handling this decision?
08-25-2014 10:15 AM
emdypo Offline
2nd String

I Root For: emu eagles
Look for Roback to transfer at the end of the season, he has a bright future in a different type of offense. The writing is on the wall and it sounds like Coach Creighton wants a dual threat quarterback. Congrats to Bell, sounds like he earned it. I have to admit, every time I read someone on these threads comment about playing two or three quarterbacks I want to scream. If Bell is the starter than stick with Bell, nothing is worse for an offense, its rhythm, timing and ability to move the ball than playing musical chairs with the quarterback. I'm excited to see what Bell can do, I've heard he's dynamite running the ball, haven't heard a lot of good things about his arm, but maybe Coach Creighton doesn't plan on throwing the ball down field much. Go Eagles!
08-25-2014 11:07 AM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

(08-25-2014 11:07 AM)emdypo Wrote:  Look for Roback to transfer at the end of the season, he has a bright future in a different type of offense. The writing is on the wall and it sounds like Coach Creighton wants a dual threat quarterback. Congrats to Bell, sounds like he earned it. I have to admit, every time I read someone on these threads comment about playing two or three quarterbacks I want to scream. If Bell is the starter than stick with Bell, nothing is worse for an offense, its rhythm, timing and ability to move the ball than playing musical chairs with the quarterback. I'm excited to see what Bell can do, I've heard he's dynamite running the ball, haven't heard a lot of good things about his arm, but maybe Coach Creighton doesn't plan on throwing the ball down field much. Go Eagles!

Well start screaming then, because that's what happens when you have 3 QBs that are all starting caliber. Out of conference games like Morgan State are good for this, because you can see what they're like in real game action.

I'm not advocating playing all 3 EVERY game, nor do I think anyone else is. Just at first to see who has a better grasp of the offense against real life competition.
08-25-2014 11:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.