Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Houston #1 for MLB players
bobreinhold1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rice Owls
Houston #1 for MLB players
Houston has more players in MLB than any other American city with 15. Santo Domingo is #1 overall with 18.
08-20-2014 10:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

owlaholic Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Rice for life
RE: Houston #1 for MLB players
(08-20-2014 10:25 AM)bobreinhold1 Wrote:  Houston has more players in MLB than any other American city with 15. Santo Domingo is #1 overall with 18.

Link or list of players?
08-20-2014 12:44 PM
bobreinhold1 Offline
1st String

No list, just the top 10 cities to produce current MLB players. They include the Greater Houston area I'm sure. I can think of Rendon, Matt Carpenter, Beckett, Loney, Andrew Cashner, Carl Crawford, Michael Bourn, Chris Young and Adam Dunn. I'm sure someone has the 10th one. Guys like Niemann, Savery, Humber, etc. that aren't up right now don't count.
08-20-2014 02:02 PM
Advertisement

wheredidmypantsgo Offline
All American

I Root For: the Rice Owls

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(08-20-2014 02:02 PM)bobreinhold1 Wrote:  No list, just the top 10 cities to produce current MLB players. They include the Greater Houston area I'm sure. I can think of Rendon, Matt Carpenter, Beckett, Loney, Andrew Cashner, Carl Crawford, Michael Bourn, Chris Young and Adam Dunn. I'm sure someone has the 10th one. Guys like Niemann, Savery, Humber, etc. that aren't up right now don't count.

Jared Cosart, Randall Grichuk would be two more from the area
08-20-2014 02:32 PM
bobreinhold1 Offline
1st String

(08-20-2014 02:32 PM)wheredidmypantsgo Wrote:  
(08-20-2014 02:02 PM)bobreinhold1 Wrote:  No list, just the top 10 cities to produce current MLB players. They include the Greater Houston area I'm sure. I can think of Rendon, Matt Carpenter, Beckett, Loney, Andrew Cashner, Carl Crawford, Michael Bourn, Chris Young and Adam Dunn. I'm sure someone has the 10th one. Guys like Niemann, Savery, Humber, etc. that aren't up right now don't count.

Jared Cosart, Randall Grichuk would be two more from the area

Grichuk is another that was up earlier, but isn't currently in the bigs. He has a chance to be called up in September. By the way, I met his dad at a Rice game earlier this year.
08-20-2014 03:14 PM
MrMxyzptlk Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(08-20-2014 12:44 PM)owlaholic Wrote:  
(08-20-2014 10:25 AM)bobreinhold1 Wrote:  Houston has more players in MLB than any other American city with 15. Santo Domingo is #1 overall with 18.

Link or list of players?

I found this link:
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/sports/these...all&ref=OB

which summarizes this map:
http://sportchart.files.wordpress.com/20...-imgur.png

which may be derived from Baseball Almanac birthplace page:
http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/...php?y=2014
08-29-2014 07:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.