Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UK: JAIL FOR THE HUSBANDS WHO 'CONTROL' THEIR WIVES...
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
UK: JAIL FOR THE HUSBANDS WHO 'CONTROL' THEIR WIVES...
Quote: HUSBANDS who keep their wives downtrodden could face prison under new plans set out by the Government today.

Theresa May, the Home Secretary, published proposals for a new offence of “domestic abuse” designed to criminalise men who bully, cause psychological harm or deny money to their partners.

The law would make the worst cases of non-violent “controlling behaviour” a jailable offence.

Exact terms of the offence are yet to be defined, but it could involve humiliating, frightening or intimidating a partner, keeping them away from friends or family or restricting their access to money.

A 15-page consultation document issued by the Home Office that there would have to be a “pattern” of abuse to trigger a prosecution.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/c...a-May.html
08-20-2014 09:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: UK: JAIL FOR THE HUSBANDS WHO 'CONTROL' THEIR WIVES...
Bet this plays out in the muslim enclaves.

Nonsense laws like this are proof that feminism is focused squarely on destroying W. Civ.
08-20-2014 10:16 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
So withholding sex would be a jail-able offense for women??
08-20-2014 10:33 AM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
One more reason why I would never remarry.

Not because I have ever, nor would I ever, do any of the things listed as controlling or abusive.

But because I don't want to give some bureaucrat the power to determine that something that I did, that was none of the above, still somehow qualified.
08-20-2014 01:28 PM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
Bad news for the Muslims. Too bad the Brits will only enforce it on the non Muslim population.
08-20-2014 01:34 PM
Advertisement

Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(08-20-2014 09:50 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  
Quote: HUSBANDS who keep their wives downtrodden could face prison under new plans set out by the Government today.

Theresa May, the Home Secretary, published proposals for a new offence of “domestic abuse” designed to criminalise men who bully, cause psychological harm or deny money to their partners.

The law would make the worst cases of non-violent “controlling behaviour” a jailable offence.

Exact terms of the offence are yet to be defined, but it could involve humiliating, frightening or intimidating a partner, keeping them away from friends or family or restricting their access to money.

A 15-page consultation document issued by the Home Office that there would have to be a “pattern” of abuse to trigger a prosecution.

I'm torn on this because it looks rather vague. The heart behind it though is solid. If they can better define what they are going after and rename it "Non Physical Abuse" I would be a whole lot more comfortable.
08-20-2014 03:32 PM
All Dukes_All Day Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU, Pitt
(08-20-2014 03:32 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  

I'm torn on this because it looks rather vague. The heart behind it though is solid. If they can better define what they are going after and rename it "Non Physical Abuse" I would be a whole lot more comfortable.

I don't think they want to better define it. They want a vague law that will allow them overreaching powers and be able to control, threaten and punish you more easily. Laws like these are very rarely done in the best interest of society.
08-20-2014 03:46 PM
Advertisement

EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(08-20-2014 03:32 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  

Look deeper. The female is naturally going to submit to the alpha male personality. What they are trying to do is ban the alpha male personality.
08-20-2014 03:46 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
If I lived in Britain and for some event where the wife was in that period of discontent and if she put me in jail which I'm sure it's not a long term jail sentence that would be the end of my marriage. She could do anytime she wanted but the first time it resulted in incarceration, good bye love.

You're right okie. The muslims would be exempt because of their culture.
08-20-2014 03:49 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Damn...Don't the Brits know the most powerful form of control is between the legs of women.
08-20-2014 04:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.