Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACC Network stations for Week 1
sctvman Offline
1st String

I Root For: C of Charleston
A lot of new stations for the ACC Network for Week 1. Not all the regular stations are on the list because of the US Open.

http://www.raycomsports.com/theacc/match...liates/539
08-19-2014 07:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
RE: ACC Network stations for Week 1
(08-19-2014 07:51 PM)sctvman Wrote:  A lot of new stations for the ACC Network for Week 1. Not all the regular stations are on the list because of the US Open.

http://www.raycomsports.com/theacc/match...liates/539

Thanks for the info!
08-19-2014 07:57 PM
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
Never heard of "Puducah - Cape Girard". #wordcrimes
08-19-2014 08:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
Raycom owns WAVE 3 in Louisville yet the ACC Network station for week 1 is WHAS 11. wth?
08-19-2014 08:33 PM
lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

I Root For: ACC
Barring some unforeseen weather it will be hotter than the Dante's City of Dis. I hope some special watering systems are in place.

Until TV took over scheduling, NC State did not play home games before 7:00 PM in August or September.

The stadium is angled North/South so the East Stands have no shade at all, and the North Stands have a little due to the luxury boxes on the third level. However when the new Field Training facility was constructed and the North end was enclosed - all the north/south breeze disappeared.

Nothing like 90-95 degree weather and 70% humidity.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2014 09:03 PM by lumberpack4.)
08-19-2014 09:03 PM
Advertisement

lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

I Root For: ACC
That being complained about - Columbia SC takes the cake for stifling heat.

VT, Clemson, and WF don't seem too bad in September, but I could be mentally cherry picking.

After a rain, the humidity seems highest in Durham and of course Miami.

I hate Alumni Stadium, and I hate Chestnut Hill - which is quite a statement since I love Boston.

Kenan sucks because I hate the hills and the parking, but it's the best place in the ACC to have a heart attack at the game.

Atlanta is great because of the MARTA and the Varsity Drive In.
08-19-2014 09:10 PM
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
(08-19-2014 08:33 PM)Dasville Wrote:  Raycom owns WAVE 3 in Louisville yet the ACC Network station for week 1 is WHAS 11. wth?
WHAS has been the Cards' station in recent years. The irony is that the ABC/ESPN2 game that day is Alabama-West Virginia. WAVE may also not have wanted to pre-empt Premier League soccer and/or Notre Dame football, as an affiliate can only pre-empt so much network programming.
08-19-2014 09:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wedge Offline

I Root For: California
(08-19-2014 09:03 PM)lumberpack4 Wrote:  Barring some unforeseen weather it will be hotter than the Dante's City of Dis. I hope some special watering systems are in place.

Until TV took over scheduling, NC State did not play home games before 7:00 PM in August or September.

The stadium is angled North/South so the East Stands have no shade at all, and the North Stands have a little due to the luxury boxes on the third level. However when the new Field Training facility was constructed and the North end was enclosed - all the north/south breeze disappeared.

Kind of surprising that the TV guys would set that game for a noon start time.

The Pac-12 has warned UA and ASU that ESPN and Fox have the right to make them start September home games in the afternoon instead of at night, but AFAIK it hasn't happened yet.
08-19-2014 09:43 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
(08-19-2014 09:03 PM)lumberpack4 Wrote:  Barring some unforeseen weather it will be hotter than the Dante's City of Dis. I hope some special watering systems are in place.

Yeah, I feel for you guys. We had an afternoon opener a couple of years ago and it was a disaster from a heat perspective. Fortunately we have an 8pm opener this year.
08-19-2014 09:48 PM
Advertisement

ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

I Root For: ECU
(08-19-2014 09:48 PM)Chappy Wrote:  

Yeah, I feel for you guys. We had an afternoon opener a couple of years ago and it was a disaster from a heat perspective. Fortunately we have an 8pm opener this year.

Wasn't it around 100 degrees, high humidity and direct sunlight? App st 2012 I believe. I think 60+ were treated in stadium with a few sent to the hospital. One woman even went into labor or something like that.... I know I got burnt to hell and multiple in my group had to leave early.
08-19-2014 11:14 PM
GTFletch Offline
All American

I Root For: Georgia Tech
Fox Sports Network will be showing the following games week 1
http://lsufootball.net/misc/fsnaffiliates.htm
08-20-2014 05:03 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
Cincinnati , Northern Kentucky and South Eastern Indiana aren't covered ?. Missing out on large population area. Guess Cincinnati needs to be added sometime .
08-20-2014 06:30 AM
Hokie Mark Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(08-19-2014 09:43 PM)Wedge Wrote:  

The Pac-12 has warned UA and ASU that ESPN and Fox have the right to make them start September home games in the afternoon instead of at night, but AFAIK it hasn't happened yet.

ESPN and Fox would both RATHER show Pac-12 games at night, so I'd think the Arizona schools could simply volunteer for the late slot?
08-20-2014 08:08 AM
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(08-20-2014 06:30 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  Cincinnati , Northern Kentucky and South Eastern Indiana aren't covered ?. Missing out on large population area. Guess Cincinnati needs to be added sometime .

I noticed that...neither is Watertown, NY carrying the game.
08-20-2014 09:55 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
(08-20-2014 09:55 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  
(08-20-2014 06:30 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  Cincinnati , Northern Kentucky and South Eastern Indiana aren't covered ?. Missing out on large population area. Guess Cincinnati needs to be added sometime .

I noticed that...neither is Watertown, NY carrying the game.

Must be showing Canadian Football then. Go figure.
08-21-2014 05:24 AM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(08-19-2014 09:10 PM)lumberpack4 Wrote:  That being complained about - Columbia SC takes the cake for stifling heat.

A giant lump of concrete. Mostly flat terrain, so no natural terrain changes to generate wind flow. In the sandhills so what is barren absorbs heat like the beach, but without the cooling effect and breeze of an ocean. No major lakes nearby.

Yea ... it is a sweaty armpit.

It is always a good 5 degrees hotter than everywhere else in SC.
08-22-2014 06:04 PM
Wedge Offline

I Root For: California
(08-20-2014 08:08 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(08-19-2014 09:43 PM)Wedge Wrote:  

ESPN and Fox would both RATHER show Pac-12 games at night, so I'd think the Arizona schools could simply volunteer for the late slot?

Fox has more earlier game windows. They have Pac-12 games on Fox broadcast at 4:30 PT the first two weeks this season, and they sometimes show Pac games at noon PT on FS1. The only time it would be an issue is if Fox really wanted a September game at UA or ASU in one of the earlier time slots. Like I said, hasn't happened yet.
08-22-2014 07:11 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
ACC Blitz Stations are more robust than the first game. Still no Cincy but many others in there.

http://raycomsports.com/kickoff/
08-22-2014 07:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.