Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Men's Basketball Home Dates
Bookmark and Share
Purple Pilgrim Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU
I'm trying to plan a get together in Harrisonburg with one of my old roommates, but have been unable to find information regarding the home schedule. Has anyone been able to cobble together this information?

Many thanks.
08-19-2014 08:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dukes84 Online
All American

I Root For: James Madison
RE: Men's Basketball Home Dates
As per today's paper, Dukes host UVA on Friday, November 14th. I had seen previously that JMU will play at Ohio State on November 28th, also a Friday. As per referenced article, Dukes will have 19 or 20 home games and that the schedule has not been finalized, as they've been trying to fill a last game, preferably at home, for about two months now. Dukeman should have fun with that one. Believe it or not, school is hoping for a sellout for the VA game.
08-20-2014 11:28 AM
DoubleDDuke Offline
Heisman

They might get it. It's a Friday night, students are still in town, it's UVA, and Charlottesville is an easy drive for UVA fans.
08-20-2014 12:17 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

There are some other dates already known in here... http://csnbbs.com/thread-696908.html
08-20-2014 12:24 PM
Purple Pilgrim Offline
1st String

Thanks
08-20-2014 02:55 PM
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jmu
31 max regular season games right and the osu tournament only counts as 1 even though they play 4? So 16 conference games and 15 + 3 ooc. If so 8 conference home games plus 3 for the tournament plus UVA valpo and high point. It looks like they may another 6 ooc home games that aren't accounted for yet. As for the road if 20 home games there should be 5 ooc road games to go with the conference road games. 12 to 5 is a favorable ratio of ooc games home vs away and should bode well for a good start to the season.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
08-24-2014 08:46 AM
Advertisement

Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

The past 2 or 3 years the ACC has released its schedules on or around August 22nd. I was a little surprised it was not released this past week in full. Hopefully it will be released this week and some more details will be known regarding the UVa game...eg, tip time, TV if known of course, etc.
08-24-2014 09:03 AM
bridgeforthduke Offline
All American

(08-24-2014 09:03 AM)Wear Purple Wrote:  The past 2 or 3 years the ACC has released its schedules on or around August 22nd. I was a little surprised it was not released this past week in full. Hopefully it will be released this week and some more details will be known regarding the UVa game...eg, tip time, TV if known of course, etc.

UVA at JMU tips at 7:00. I'm hopeful that the game is picked up by ESPNU or another channel, but wouldn't be surprised if it was online only.
08-24-2014 09:14 AM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-24-2014 09:14 AM)bridgeforthduke Wrote:  
(08-24-2014 09:03 AM)Wear Purple Wrote:  The past 2 or 3 years the ACC has released its schedules on or around August 22nd. I was a little surprised it was not released this past week in full. Hopefully it will be released this week and some more details will be known regarding the UVa game...eg, tip time, TV if known of course, etc.

UVA at JMU tips at 7:00. I'm hopeful that the game is picked up by ESPNU or another channel, but wouldn't be surprised if it was online only.

No TV for UVA-JMU. ACC releases hoops schedule... http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detail/ACC...-14_d09lph
08-27-2014 02:04 PM
jmu-fan-1981 Offline
1st String

Madizone though!
08-27-2014 02:10 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-27-2014 02:10 PM)jmu-fan-1981 Wrote:  Madizone though!

Yes indeedy!!!
08-27-2014 02:22 PM
Advertisement

POTUS#4 Offline
1st String

12/7 UR @ JMU
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2014 08:14 PM by POTUS#4.)
08-27-2014 08:09 PM
Purple Pilgrim Offline
1st String

Per Nick Sunderland of the DNR, here is the conference slate: http://www.dnronline.com/article/new_jmu...d_released
08-28-2014 12:39 PM
JMU_Rocks! Offline
Special Teams

Just picked up season tickets for BB. I have never had them before. Adding the UVA game and on a weekend - makes it a great deal.

I'll road trip for DC for some with my high school buddy (UVA Grad) and likely give the pair to his son now a JMU freshman. Hoping to get 3 or 4 home games and get the tickets used by some rowdy students in the lower reserve.
08-31-2014 03:57 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

A home-heavy schedule is of course great to look forward to. Having said that, I do think we need to balance it out moving forward. Maybe closer to 16H-15R. Last year was just scheduling suicide, especially for such a young team. The '13 team who was experienced likely could've managed last year's schedule much better. Of course, you never know what you are going to have every year...I get that.

I can't imagine Brady wants a schedule where every other year close to two-thirds of your games are on the road.

Putting that commentary aside, I look forward to this season (though, I do every year I admit).
09-01-2014 06:41 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-01-2014 06:41 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  ...I can't imagine Brady wants a schedule where every other year close to two-thirds of your games are on the road. ...

Maybe I shouldn't say this, as I like Brady, but, maybe he does want it that way. Its not necessarily good for the fan, but if a heavy home season coincides with the year of contract talks, then it could aid in his negotiations with JB.

Having a lot of away games last season aiding in a poor record really didn't matter financially to MB as the likelihood of his being released would have been very unlikely due to it being the first year of his new contract.

I'm not saying that he did think this way, but I will guarantee you that he will have himself set up with the best possible schedule during his final contract year and to accomplish this you must look several seasons down the road.
09-02-2014 09:34 AM
Advertisement

Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-02-2014 09:34 AM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 06:41 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  ...I can't imagine Brady wants a schedule where every other year close to two-thirds of your games are on the road. ...

Maybe I shouldn't say this, as I like Brady, but, maybe he does want it that way. Its not necessarily good for the fan, but if a heavy home season coincides with the year of contract talks, then it could aid in his negotiations with JB.

Having a lot of away games last season aiding in a poor record really didn't matter financially to MB as the likelihood of his being released would have been very unlikely due to it being the first year of his new contract.

I'm not saying that he did think this way, but I will guarantee you that he will have himself set up with the best possible schedule during his final contract year and to accomplish this you must look several seasons down the road.

While I'm sure he has significant input, I would think the AD makes the schedule, not Brady. At least, that is the way it is done pretty much everywhere else. I get what you are saying though.
09-02-2014 10:21 AM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-02-2014 10:21 AM)Wear Purple Wrote:  

While I'm sure he has significant input, I would think the AD makes the schedule, not Brady. At least, that is the way it is done pretty much everywhere else. I get what you are saying though.

At JMU, the head MBB and WBB coaches make the schedule. Football is done by the AD and I don't have a clue about any of the other sports. I have been told this many times and by many people.
09-02-2014 11:50 AM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-02-2014 11:50 AM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 10:21 AM)Wear Purple Wrote:  

At JMU, the head MBB and WBB coaches make the schedule. Football is done by the AD and I don't have a clue about any of the other sports. I have been told this many times and by many people.

In that case, it is alarmingly dumb.
09-02-2014 01:06 PM
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jmu
Not sure if job/contract status really plays into the scheduling- I think it's really about who they think they can get 1 for 1 series with and sometimes the other teams need the home games as well so last year JMU had to play a few 1 for 1 series starting out on the road when ideally as a young team they would have had more home games. When you are JMU you don't have a ton of leverage with the schedule. I think Brady would admit that last years schedule was poor let's hope they can deliver a good schedule next year as well. From this article the only OOC holdovers for next year's schedule will be Richmond (road) Radford (road), Longwood (road) and ECU (home). With what looks to be an experienced group in 15-16 (Curry, Nation, Grays as seniors Morgan as a transfer junior) and no graduating senior scholarship players in 14-15 they should load up even if it means playing a few front end road games against good programs so that they can setup return games in 16-17 at the Convo when Morgan is a Senior, Hall, Sterling Juniors, and Yoyo and last years class Seniors. They need to create some better momentum with the scheduling year over year than they have. I'd also like to see them play an overseas trip next Summerr and try to score a higher profile early season tournament but I'm sure they are trying and these things aren't as easy as we think and take years to develop.

http://www.dnronline.com/article/new_jmu_schedule
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 06:11 AM by NJDuke97.)
09-02-2014 06:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.