Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

August practice .. Week 3
Bookmark and Share
JMUTEKE Offline
2nd String

I Root For: JMU Dooks
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2014 06:19 PM by JMUTEKE.)
08-18-2014 06:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMUTEKE Offline
2nd String

RE: August practice .. Week 3
08-18-2014 06:19 PM
JMUTEKE Offline
2nd String

08-20-2014 06:55 PM
jmusuperfan Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
(08-20-2014 06:55 PM)JMUTEKE Wrote:  Coaches speak ...
https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1671589

Questions Remain ....
https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1671597

I liked this line "Still, the Dukes face lots of questions heading into the 2014 season, which may or may not be their last in I-AA as the university continues to assess a move to I-A - assuming any conference extends it an invitation. "

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
08-20-2014 07:23 PM
Advertisement

DukeDoggyDogg Offline
2nd String

I Root For: JMU
This was my favorite line from Alex Mosely...

"I'm really proud of how the guys have kept improving. Guys know when they've had a bad rep and they're not satisfied with it. That's huge, accountability is huge right now."

Just feels like the players are buying in, pushing themselves and not satisfied with mediocrity.
08-21-2014 07:42 AM
Purple Pilgrim Offline
1st String

It also sounds like we are building depth in the secondary. It will bode well for us if we can shore up that unit.
08-21-2014 08:43 AM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

This is such a refreshingly positive thread. I hope this will continue at 7:00pm on the 30th.
08-21-2014 08:54 AM
Advertisement

All Dukes_All Day Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU, Pitt
(08-20-2014 07:23 PM)jmusuperfan Wrote:  
(08-20-2014 06:55 PM)JMUTEKE Wrote:  Coaches speak ...
https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1671589

Questions Remain ....
https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1671597

I liked this line "Still, the Dukes face lots of questions heading into the 2014 season, which may or may not be their last in I-AA as the university continues to assess a move to I-A - assuming any conference extends it an invitation. "

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

The MAC just signed a LONG term deal with ESPN (thirteen years) and probably don't want to bring in any more squads to reduce per team revenue. C-USA is over saturated allready and have a markets first and markets last vision to expansion. The ONLY option is the Sun Belt and that is becoming increasingly less likely the longer we wait...hell, it might be off the table at this point already since 12 teams is no longer required for a conference championship game.

This FBS stuff is ridiculous...we're not going anywhere for 3-5 years minimum and that is ONLY if conferences continue to shuffle. Focus on football because conference realignment is a waste of time at this point.
08-21-2014 10:05 AM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-21-2014 10:05 AM)All Dukes_All Day Wrote:  This FBS stuff is ridiculous...we're not going anywhere for 3-5 years minimum and that is ONLY if conferences continue to shuffle. Focus on football because conference realignment is a waste of time at this point.

Amen! Seems like every thread somehow has to be turned into butthurt about JMU's present tense, Alger or Bourne being thrown under the bus for their coffee tasting bad in the morning, the CAA sucking, or the like.

Looking forward to August 30th. Can't wait to see Vad Lee in a Dukes uni.
08-21-2014 10:14 AM
All American

The team is looking good though! Trying not to think of re-alignment in any way this season.
08-21-2014 10:18 AM
Advertisement

Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Agreed. The consensus of Ga Tech people believe the beginning of Vad Lee's eventual departure from there which ended up being the destination for the Dukes is a hit he took in their early season game last year against UNC. You can check the hit out at the 0:36 mark of this video FWIW... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfMK9hq1nwo

Most GT people point to that hit as the moment when Vad Lee never ran their option properly ever again. I look forward to seeing him sling the ball around - which he is very capable of doing effectively - along with using his legs to scramble when needed and keeping the chains moving. One thing JMU has going for us is that Randy Edsall and staff have very little knowledge of knowing what to expect from our offense in particular. They can look for past tendencies of our coaches, but they have no film or knowledge of how Lee and company will be deployed. How they (UMD) adjust will be key. Just hoping we don't shoot ourselves in the foot with turnovers before they do. GO DUKES!
08-21-2014 10:39 AM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

Sean Tapley catches a TD pass for Carolina a bit later in the highlights.
08-21-2014 10:49 AM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-21-2014 10:49 AM)olddawg Wrote:  Sean Tapley catches a TD pass for Carolina a bit later in the highlights.

Good catch (pun intended). 03-thumbsup

Hopefully, we will see a lot of Lee to Tapley this fall. 9 days away...down to single digits in the countdown. Woohoo!

02-13-banana
08-21-2014 10:53 AM
Advertisement

All American

(08-21-2014 10:53 AM)Wear Purple Wrote:  
(08-21-2014 10:49 AM)olddawg Wrote:  Sean Tapley catches a TD pass for Carolina a bit later in the highlights.

Good catch (pun intended). 03-thumbsup

Hopefully, we will see a lot of Lee to Tapley this fall. 9 days away...down to single digits in the countdown. Woohoo!

02-13-banana

For those junkies out there, Sammy HOuston State visits the Red Field and Eastern Washington on Saturday on ESPN for the first official D1 game of the season.
08-21-2014 10:55 AM
JMUsince89 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU Dukes
Heard through the grapevine Dukes are having another scrimmage this Sat in BFS. I think it will be closed to the public. one more weekend to get prepared for UMd.
08-21-2014 08:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.