Aaron Abbott 6'0 185 SO
Herb Alford SR

Cameron Bouldin 6'3 170 FR
Ross Williams 5'11 160 FR
Jason Beck 6'1 195 FR
Tyrie Mack 5'11 180 SO prep school
Tim Gordon 5'11 175 FR
Dartez Jacobs 6'2 200 JR (JUCO)

I expect most of the true frosh to redshirt.

I'll special teams probably right before the season.
08-18-2014 12:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EagleSam Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
RE: EMU Position Review DBs
Hopefully it all finally clicks for Pudge Cotton, and we get a Latarrius Thomas-like season out of him. He's a senior, a captain, and arguably the most physically gifted talent on the defense. We've seen how good he can be in spurts...consistency is the issue. He can go from looking completely lost to looking like a guy who can play on sunday's pretty quickly. If he minimizes the former, I wouldn't be shocked to see a big year out of him.

Our senior-laden secondary needs to be better than they were last season. Willie Creear is solid, but Darius Scott and Kevin Johnson struggled. Can Creighton and McCaslin turn them around? Remains to be seen. But if anything, the experience factor should play a role in improving.
08-18-2014 12:11 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
The question I have is how effective is the 3-4 going to be against the run and also in terms of generating a pass rush? I would assume the 3-4 give us lots of option on the blitz.
08-18-2014 12:15 PM
NKOTB Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: EMU Eagles
(08-18-2014 12:11 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  Hopefully it all finally clicks for Pudge Cotton, and we get a Latarrius Thomas-like season out of him. He's a senior, a captain, and arguably the most physically gifted talent on the defense. We've seen how good he can be in spurts...consistency is the issue. He can go from looking completely lost to looking like a guy who can play on sunday's pretty quickly. If he minimizes the former, I wouldn't be shocked to see a big year out of him.

Our senior-laden secondary needs to be better than they were last season. Willie Creear is solid, but Darius Scott and Kevin Johnson struggled. Can Creighton and McCaslin turn them around? Remains to be seen. But if anything, the experience factor should play a role in improving.

I agree, as others a d CC has said as Cotton goes so does the defense. I am not sure what the situation was with him and English but there must been something happening.. We need a huge year from him as a leader and making big plays.

We will get the plays from the D line.
08-18-2014 01:19 PM
Advertisement

emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(08-18-2014 01:19 PM)NKOTB Wrote:  
(08-18-2014 12:11 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  Hopefully it all finally clicks for Pudge Cotton, and we get a Latarrius Thomas-like season out of him. He's a senior, a captain, and arguably the most physically gifted talent on the defense. We've seen how good he can be in spurts...consistency is the issue. He can go from looking completely lost to looking like a guy who can play on sunday's pretty quickly. If he minimizes the former, I wouldn't be shocked to see a big year out of him.

I agree, as others a d CC has said as Cotton goes so does the defense. I am not sure what the situation was with him and English but there must been something happening.. We need a huge year from him as a leader and making big plays.

Agree. I don't know if he couldn't or wouldn't play English's defense but it appears that it wasn't working.

He could be the 'most improved' player on the team this year...
08-18-2014 02:24 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
(08-18-2014 01:19 PM)NKOTB Wrote:  

Comment: We better get the plays from someone on the defense, last year I believe we ranked 120th in the country in total defense.
08-19-2014 07:48 AM
EagleHawk Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: EMU
Gary White was playing, and excelling at IMO, LB during Spring Ball.
08-19-2014 10:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.