Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Nick King - a star this season?
Bookmark and Share
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Yes, I know it's one game in August. But King hinted at this as a freshman. More PT the better he'll get --- the more PT he'll get and so forth. I'm already liking lots of guys on this team - but I'm liking King best..
08-17-2014 09:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

T-County Tiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
I said this all last season. That kid just has "it." My guess is he will lead the team this year on and off the court. Seems like a very mature young man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-17-2014 09:38 PM
MGR Offline
1st String

RE: Nick King - a star this season?
I totally agree. Nick King seems to have a knack for the ball.....and seems like he will be able to do the "little things" that translate into wins.
08-17-2014 09:38 PM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

I think he will play in the nba one day. Maybe after his junior year.
08-17-2014 09:47 PM
Tigers2B1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(08-17-2014 09:47 PM)Joe1 Wrote:  I think he will play in the nba one day. Maybe after his junior year.

Very excited about the next two seasons especially with the other players coming in. 04-cheers
08-17-2014 09:53 PM
JRR_IV Offline
All American

I'm not saying he is or will be. But what he does and his game reminds me so much of Kawhi Leonard.
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2014 09:57 PM by JRR_IV.)
08-17-2014 09:57 PM
Advertisement

BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-17-2014 09:57 PM)JRR_IV Wrote:  I'm not saying he is or will be. But what he does and his game reminds me so much of Kawhi Leonard.

Nick is going to be a great Tiger player and I knew it when I heard that he was screaming at Joe in the game against Virginia to get it together -- that showed leadership for a freshman telling it to a senior
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2014 10:10 PM by BigTigerMike.)
08-17-2014 10:10 PM
DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I sat next to Nick's grandfather at a game and I told him that I thought Nick was going to have a great year this year and that his patience would pay off.
08-17-2014 10:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
(08-17-2014 10:10 PM)BigTigerMike Wrote:  
(08-17-2014 09:57 PM)JRR_IV Wrote:  I'm not saying he is or will be. But what he does and his game reminds me so much of Kawhi Leonard.

Nick is going to be a great Tiger player and I knew it when I heard that he was screaming at Joe in the game against Virginia to get it together -- that showed leadership for a freshman telling it to a senior

I noticed that too. Some took it as a negative.

My first though was this guy is a natural leader in the making.
08-17-2014 10:24 PM
JRR_IV Offline
All American

(08-17-2014 10:24 PM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  

I'm already getting excited for some of the teams we might have this year and the coming years. Let's just enjoy the ride!
08-17-2014 10:37 PM
BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-17-2014 10:24 PM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  

King got a fire-in-the-the-belly attitude. I like that come win or lose
08-17-2014 10:42 PM
Advertisement

macgar32 Offline
Legend

I agree...

Many were clamoring for N. King to be on the floor more last year...Just didn't happen.
08-18-2014 09:05 AM
MemphisCanes Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: THE Tigers
Maybe he's on that CDR trajectory.
08-18-2014 09:08 AM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
(08-18-2014 09:05 AM)macgar32 Wrote:  I agree...

Many were clamoring for N. King to be on the floor more last year...Just didn't happen.

+4 Exactly, There were moments during last years run that our team looked defeated or lost and didn't show enthusiasm, for whatever reasons. But a tremendous bright spot was Nick King because he always showed intensity and effort no matter the situation.....That was very encouraging to see him apply himself in that way! It exemplied that he should have been given more time because of Effort;Toughness and rebounding alone....And those are the exact aspects that Josh is preaching early on this year....KUDOS to Nick it's also going to become infectious to overs coming in....

There was a mention of his resemblance to Kawhi Leonards game and the possibility of playing in the NBA....He also has similarities to MKG Michael Kidd-Gilchrist who was the glue to Kentucky's NC team and relishing an opportunity @ the next level.....Go Nick King go!
08-18-2014 09:37 AM
anothertigerfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: T.I.G.E.R.S
Dunk vs Ottawa

08-18-2014 10:19 AM
Stammers Offline
Legend

King has gotten stronger and seems more confident. I haven't seen if he has improved his right hand at all. It is encouraging to see him fill up the stat sheet, but I wouldn't put too much stock into his Canada stats. A lot of those rebounds and baskets might not happen against players that are 4" taller and 25 pounds heavier. Having said that, his mid range and outside game have been quite good and that should work out fine when we play for real.
08-18-2014 10:32 AM
Advertisement

BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-18-2014 10:32 AM)Stammers Wrote:  King has gotten stronger and seems more confident. I haven't seen if he has improved his right hand at all. It is encouraging to see him fill up the stat sheet, but I wouldn't put too much stock into his Canada stats. A lot of those rebounds and baskets might not happen against players that are 4" taller and 25 pounds heavier. Having said that, his mid range and outside game have been quite good and that should work out fine when we play for real.

But then again, we have seen King mix it up with the big boys last year as a freshmen and do very well so we have to see but this could be a huge year for him
08-18-2014 10:45 AM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
(08-18-2014 10:45 AM)BigTigerMike Wrote:  
(08-18-2014 10:32 AM)Stammers Wrote:  King has gotten stronger and seems more confident. I haven't seen if he has improved his right hand at all. It is encouraging to see him fill up the stat sheet, but I wouldn't put too much stock into his Canada stats. A lot of those rebounds and baskets might not happen against players that are 4" taller and 25 pounds heavier. Having said that, his mid range and outside game have been quite good and that should work out fine when we play for real.

But then again, we have seen King mix it up with the big boys last year as a freshmen and do very well so we have to see but this could be a huge year for him

King just knows where the ball will be. He has a knack. I don't think you can teach it. Not many players have it.
08-18-2014 10:54 AM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE

Did pretty well last year attacking the offensive glass against the likes of UL/ Gonzaga......even defended they're 7 footer pretty well and beat him to some balls becuase of his quick reactions to the ball off of the rim!
08-18-2014 10:57 AM
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
Can you say CDR merged with Antonio Anderson?
08-18-2014 11:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.