Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Chicago Sun-TImes take on Lynch and Bears
Bookmark and Share
cagy cager Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Jordan Lynch, the long shot

This preseason: Seven carries, 24 yards.

The case for: Even if he’s not a fit yet, the Bears might want to ­protect him from other teams’ practice squads.

The case against: Lynch didn’t touch the ball Thursday. It was also his first game playing special teams.

Lynch said it: ‘‘You have to carry over the drills and the ­techniques [on special teams]. I’m new to that.’’
08-17-2014 10:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
RE: Chicago Sun-TImes take on Lynch and Bears
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20140...140818689/

Rozner: For Lynch, Bears camp a long way from NIU
08-18-2014 10:22 AM
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
I think Rozner has nailed it about Lynch's future with the Bears:

Quote:Lynch is headed for the practice squad, unless another team wants him on the roster, but you have to figure the Bears had a plan here, that they think in a year or two Lynch will be a viable NFL running back.

Otherwise, why did they bother? It wasn't for publicity. They don't need it, and Marc Trestman has zero interest in it.
08-18-2014 10:28 AM
timxlydon Offline
Left Hand Path

(08-18-2014 10:28 AM)huskiebob Wrote:  I think Rozner has nailed it about Lynch's future with the Bears:

Quote:Lynch is headed for the practice squad, unless another team wants him on the roster, but you have to figure the Bears had a plan here, that they think in a year or two Lynch will be a viable NFL running back.

Otherwise, why did they bother? It wasn't for publicity. They don't need it, and Marc Trestman has zero interest in it.

I think Senorise Perry throws a wrench into the situation. They could opt to keep him on the practice squad instead, since he has had a nice preseason.
08-18-2014 10:34 AM
Advertisement

Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
(08-18-2014 10:28 AM)huskiebob Wrote:  I think Rozner has nailed it about Lynch's future with the Bears:

They bothered because he was there to be taken. If Lynch ends up playing in the season, that's just a bonus for the Bears. If Lynch gets cut, it was not like the Bears used up a draft pick on him. It's a no-lose situation for the Bears.

The sword of Damocles hangs by a very thin string over JL's head.
08-18-2014 11:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

This might help.

There are reports the NFL will be announcing an increase in the size of Practice Squads to 10 from the current 8.
08-18-2014 08:15 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-18-2014 08:15 PM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  This might help.

There are reports the NFL will be announcing an increase in the size of Practice Squads to 10 from the current 8.

wow I didn't realize the PS was that small.
08-19-2014 01:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.