Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ND academic scandal
domer1978 Offline
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
ND academic scandal
05-mafia05-mafia05-mafia05-mafia05-mafia05-mafia05-mafia
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2014 04:26 PM by domer1978.)
08-15-2014 12:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

domer1978 Offline
All American

RE: Kim Dunbar Part Deux
Pat FordeVerified account ‏@YahooForde

Yahoo Sports sources: investigation into academic fraud underway at Notre Dame, football players (as well as regular students) part of probe
08-15-2014 12:40 PM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
Many rumors abound that ND will expel four starters from the football team and voluntarily vacate wins for academic cheating.

Not an NCAA thing but an internal ND investigation.

I know the names of the four starters allegedly going to be kicked out but won't identify them until they are identified in the media.

This will put a big dent in ND's 2014 football aspirations.
08-15-2014 12:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
domer1978 Offline
All American

It's across other sports also... Voluntary vacating
08-15-2014 12:45 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
08-15-2014 02:04 PM
Advertisement

Lou_C Offline
1st String

I Root For: Florida State
If they're lucky, Notre Dame will end up having their last twenty years of January bowls vacated...
08-15-2014 03:15 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Kudos to Notre Dame for doing the right thing.
08-15-2014 03:58 PM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: ND academic scandal
08-15-2014 05:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
ND just raised the bar.......again.
08-15-2014 07:10 PM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
Notre Dame is doing the honorable and morally right thing to correct this unlike the North Carolina Tar Heels, who sweep it under the rug! Bravo Notre Dame! Fuel To The Fire
Epic Applause
07-coffee3
08-15-2014 10:55 PM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I Root For: YouAreButtHurt
Not like ND was going to make a title run but that definitely hurts.
08-15-2014 11:25 PM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

NOTRE DAME, Ind. - University President Rev. John I. Jenkins and Vice President/Director of Athletics Jack Swarbrick served as the faces representing Notre Dame in the announcement of an administrative investigation into suspicions of academic dishonesty by four current Irish football players.

Until a full investigation is completed, KeiVarae Russell, DaVaris Daniels, Ishaq Williams and Kendall Moore will be held out of practice and game competition, a proclamation that came 15 days prior to the first game of the 2014 season.

"Integrity is at the heart of our mission as a university," said Jenkins in his introductory statement. "Academic dishonesty strikes at that heart. Academic misconduct has no place at a university."

Jenkins said there was evidence that the four football players submitted papers and homework that had been written for them by others, which was initially detected at the end of the summer session and referred to the compliance office in athletics on July 29, which then precipitated an immediate investigation by the Office of General Counsel.

Jenkins was quick to point out that the student-athletes have not been declared guilty of wrongdoing.

"Let me emphasize something: At this juncture, no one has been judged responsible for academic dishonesty," Jenkins said. "No one has been dismissed from the university and no sanctions have been imposed or no judgment has been made yet."

Asked if the players had been suspended, Swarbrick said, "No. They remain students at the university, they remain grant-in-aid students, and they continue to have the benefits of being a grant-in-aid student."

Jenkins and Swarbrick also defended Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly, who was first informed of the situation on Thursday, Aug. 14.

"I want to say right now that I have great confidence in Brian and his staff, and they have been nothing but supportive and helpful in our investigation," Jenkins said.

"There is no evidence that Brian Kelly and his coaches knew about this. The same way with the academic staff. Once an academic staff member had suspicions, it was immediately brought to our attention."

Swarbrick described Kelly's reaction to the news.

"Like all of us, he was devastated," Swarbrick said. "But he was also quick to understand the process and how he and his staff could be of assistance in the process, so that was quickly the focus of the discussion."

Jenkins said there was no timetable for a resolution.

"We'll go as quickly as we can, but our emphasis will be on thoroughness," Jenkins said. "We'll take as long as it takes to have a thorough and fair investigation through our honor code process."

While the University is determined to get to the bottom of the situation and that academic dishonesty will not be tolerated, Swarbrick sees the purported improprieties by the student-athletes as the exception to the rule at Notre Dame.

"For every misstep, we have hundreds of stories of young people coming here and succeeding and taking full advantage of the (Notre Dame) opportunity," Swarbrick said. "So we know it works."

https://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1670630
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2014 07:49 AM by TerryD.)
08-16-2014 07:49 AM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-15-2014 11:25 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  Not like ND was going to make a title run but that definitely hurts.

I thought that they would go 10-2. This probably knocks it down to 9-3 or 8-4.

Daniels was ND's best receiver, but his production can be made up. ND is very deep at WR.

The biggest losses are DE Ishaq Williams and ND's best cornerback in KeiVarae Russell.
08-16-2014 07:52 AM
Advertisement

Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

Re: ND academic scandal
Looks like ND is still investigating & that the players haven't been expelled yet. Lets wait & see what they do after their investigation.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
08-16-2014 08:21 AM
Indytarheel Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UNC
(08-15-2014 10:55 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  Notre Dame is doing the honorable and morally right thing to correct this unlike the North Carolina Tar Heels, who sweep it under the rug! Bravo Notre Dame! Fuel To The Fire
Epic Applause
07-coffee3

You have no idea of what you are talking about. If you did, you would know that we self reported to the NCAA during the initial investigation. They deemed it not to be an athletic issue. If you bothered to do research and not listen to the bs, you would have know this. Now, I will wait for the quotes and questions regurgitated over and over again by the ill informed.
08-16-2014 10:25 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

You dirty! 07-coffee3
08-16-2014 10:38 AM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
http://www.foxsports.com/college-footbal...ish-081514

Not quite Vandy's "gang rape and illiterate players" ... but they're new to the whole SEC style of competing.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2014 06:16 AM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
08-19-2014 06:16 AM
Advertisement

XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(08-16-2014 10:38 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  You dirty! 07-coffee3

He is correct Wilkie.
It's a shame that for someone who has been around for a while, you haven't been a little more dilligent on this subject.
08-19-2014 07:30 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

:phew:Your image right now is the same to many nationally as Kentucky's is! 07-coffee3
08-19-2014 08:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.