Familiarity breeds success for O-line
Bookmark and Share
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Familiarity breeds success for O-line
http://www.toledoblade.com/sports/2014/0...-line.html

Quote:Many offensive line coaches spend huge chunks of time begging their lineman to communicate better.

University of Toledo offensive line coach Tom Manning is not one of them.

The party is brought to Manning, whether he likes it or not.

Toledo has five seniors projected to start on the offensive line, three of whom — Greg Mancz, Josh Hendershot, and Jeff Myers — have spent their entire careers together and are longtime roommates. Manning doesn't need to interject often.
08-15-2014 07:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tampabayrocketfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U of Toledo
RE: Familiarity breeds success for O-line
It also noted that all five starters on the offensive line have graduated and are taking graduate degree courses. None of them have left UT so that tells you that a lot of people including them like UT a lot because they could have transferred.
08-15-2014 10:02 AM
tolfbfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo/Browns
(08-15-2014 10:02 AM)tampabayrocketfan Wrote:  It also noted that all five starters on the offensive line have graduated and are taking graduate degree courses. None of them have left UT so that tells you that a lot of people including them like UT a lot because they could have transferred.

Agreed. I would of been shocked if any of the 5th year grad students left. This staff is as honest as you can find in college football even though they have to stretch things every so often. LOL.
08-15-2014 08:18 PM
Advertisement

MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
It would be nice if they included the name of the 5th offensive lineman in the article somewhere. I can no longer see the article, but when I read it yesterday, only 4 names were in the article - Meyers, Hendershot, Mancz, and Nelson. Typical. Must have edited out a portion of the article - which included his name - so the number of words didn't exceed our allotment in the Blah.
08-16-2014 11:20 AM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
The offensive line with the experience of these 5th year "seniors" is a big part of the reason why UT is favored by many to finally break NIU's string and take the west this year.......and it is also the reason why they probably will NOT be favored to do so next year----so this is the year to break the drought and bring home a MACC.

IMO at this point in time this team has the best potential to take home a MACC since the 2011 team so hopefully the 2014 edition, unlike 2011 team will have luck on their side and get the job done----even if it may mean loosing Campbell and the staff.
08-16-2014 02:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.