ECS / Lausanne fighting over Labissiere
Bookmark and Share
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
ECS / Lausanne fighting over Labissiere
Link >>

http://www.espn929.com/johnmartin/Labiss...p/19676033

Skal Labissiere’s plans to transfer to Lausanne are being held up by challenges from ECS, his most recent high school, according to sources....
08-14-2014 11:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tigers2B1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: ECS / Lausanne fighting over Labissiere
Why? To play with and practice against Isaiah Stokes?
08-14-2014 11:53 AM
TigerFan386 Offline
1st String

"Although he only played in one game (in November) last season for ECS due to a stress fracture in his back, ECS is contending that he participated in at least one scrimmage in the spring, potentially affecting his eligibility at another school."

Can you not transfer high schools and be immediately eligible to play? Seriously? It's f'ning high school. What are the rules here?
08-14-2014 11:56 AM
Tigeer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UoM & WVU
(08-14-2014 11:56 AM)TigerFan386 Wrote:  "Although he only played in one game (in November) last season for ECS due to a stress fracture in his back, ECS is contending that he participated in at least one scrimmage in the spring, potentially affecting his eligibility at another school."

Can you not transfer high schools and be immediately eligible to play? Seriously? It's f'ning high school. What are the rules here?

Public, I think there are restrcitions that normally can be worked around, but these are private, seems strange.
08-14-2014 12:05 PM
TiggerFan Offline
See Ya, Albert

I Root For: US NAVY

Donators
(08-14-2014 11:56 AM)TigerFan386 Wrote:  "Although he only played in one game (in November) last season for ECS due to a stress fracture in his back, ECS is contending that he participated in at least one scrimmage in the spring, potentially affecting his eligibility at another school."

Used to be you had to sit out one year from the last day you played for the school you are leaving. For varsity, anyway. You can play JV immediately at the new school. That's the way it was with my stepson moving from CBHS to Houston.
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2014 12:08 PM by TiggerFan.)
08-14-2014 12:07 PM
poppaslaw Offline
Social Credit Score - 0

I Root For: CHY-NAH

Donators
He can always go to public school where he lives.
08-14-2014 12:11 PM
Advertisement

EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation

The same ones that make Stokes graduate early and play college ball for the UT Vols apparently.
08-14-2014 12:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
(08-14-2014 12:46 PM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  

The same ones that make Stokes graduate early and play college ball for the UT Vols apparently.

that was public..this is private...
o lawd...Pappaslaw said he can always just go to the public school in his district, so he's got a safety net Stokes didn't have.
Wonder if Skal will just leave high school now and be a Tiger....
I would like that.
08-14-2014 01:00 PM
TigerFan386 Offline
1st String

(08-14-2014 01:00 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  

that was public..this is private...
o lawd...Pappaslaw said he can always just go to the public school in his district, so he's got a safety net Stokes didn't have.
Wonder if Skal will just leave high school now and be a Tiger....
I would like that.

Ha, at least we have an extra scholarship right now.
08-14-2014 01:02 PM
MuchLuck Offline
1st String

I Root For: UM

That nice little move almost destroyed Stokes' basketball future. At the very least, it put him way behind where he could have been. Hopefully, the lesson has been learned ny all current and future "handlers".
08-14-2014 01:15 PM
poppaslaw Offline
Social Credit Score - 0

I Root For: CHY-NAH

Donators
(08-14-2014 01:15 PM)MuchLuck Wrote:  

That nice little move almost destroyed Stokes' basketball future. At the very least, it put him way behind where he could have been. Hopefully, the lesson has been learned ny all current and future "handlers".

Destroyed? Was he ever going to be more than a second round draft pick?

He's playing for his hometown team. Sounds like a win to me.
08-14-2014 01:27 PM
Advertisement

FORealTigerFan Offline
Say What?

I Root For: Beer
(08-14-2014 12:11 PM)poppaslaw Wrote:  He can always go to public school where he lives.

Would love to see that.
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2014 02:16 PM by FORealTigerFan.)
08-14-2014 02:14 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
the funny part is that two private schools who suck monkey balls at sports are fighting over him. It is a Calkins tickle fight!
08-14-2014 03:39 PM
MuchLuck Offline
1st String

(08-14-2014 01:27 PM)poppaslaw Wrote:  

True. Once his handler eliminated the top tier teams recruiting him, it was an uphill battle that would never reach the peak.
08-14-2014 03:56 PM
TJT Offline
Headless Thompson Gunner

I Root For: another beer
(08-14-2014 03:56 PM)MuchLuck Wrote:  

True. Once his handler eliminated the top tier teams recruiting him, it was an uphill battle that would never reach the peak.

The only way Stokes gets drafted higher is if he had grown 3 inches.
08-14-2014 09:42 PM
450bench Offline

(08-14-2014 03:39 PM)fsquid Wrote:  the funny part is that two private schools who suck monkey balls at sports are fighting over him. It is a Calkins tickle fight!

Pretty accurate actually.
08-14-2014 11:01 PM
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
Lausanne is a very good school, and I enjoyed my time there. Odd that ECS would challenge the transfer.
08-14-2014 11:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tigeer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UoM & WVU
(08-14-2014 11:15 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  Lausanne is a very good school, and I enjoyed my time there. Odd that ECS would challenge the transfer.

Maybe there are personalities invovled.....
08-15-2014 07:54 AM
CKMcDan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(08-15-2014 07:54 AM)Tigeer Wrote:  
(08-14-2014 11:15 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  Lausanne is a very good school, and I enjoyed my time there. Odd that ECS would challenge the transfer.

Maybe there are personalities invovled.....

Both ECS & Lausanne are in the TSSAA Div 2A West. They play twice a year in the regular season, in the district & region tournaments, and possibly in the state tournament. So, the motive is there for ECS to keep Skal from playing at Lausanne.

But..... I would not expect that there is any ill intent with this situation. If he played in a spring scrimmage, ECS revealing this is protecting Lausanne, not them trying to railroad Skal. If his participation in the ECS spring scrimmage makes him ineligible per the TSSAA rules, and if he enrolled at Lausanne, he would be ineligible, and would be in a "Jarnell Stokes" type situation with the TSSAA. His participation in a spring scrimmage is not something that can be kept secret.

Better to know now, than to find out when practice starts later this fall.
08-15-2014 09:50 AM
MuchLuck Offline
1st String

(08-14-2014 09:42 PM)TJT Wrote:  
(08-14-2014 03:56 PM)MuchLuck Wrote:  
(08-14-2014 12:46 PM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  The same ones that make Stokes graduate early and play college ball for the UT Vols apparently.

The only way Stokes gets drafted higher is if he had grown 3 inches.

Or go to a basketball school.
08-15-2014 07:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.