Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Did UL lose to Dayton in basketball today?
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Did UL lose to Dayton in basketball today?
I dont know how good UL is supposed to be this year but isnt losing to Dayton kinda not accepted in Cardinal Country?
11-24-2006 07:25 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

WVU82 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Dayton beat Louisville....68-64
11-24-2006 07:39 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

Definitely a poor loss, as UD is probably only an NIT team. I don't think most teams do well however when they're just a shell of themselves in terms of who is available to play. Anyday now the mind numbing amount of injuries will end (at least UofL fans keep telling themselves that) and 1 more game before our center is eligible.
11-24-2006 07:43 PM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati

There have been a ton of upsets this year. UC has been upset. Oral Roberts handled #3 Kansas at Kansas. Today #7 Wisconsin just lost to Missouri State. Gonzaga jumped all over North Carolina, and right now Butler is beating Gonzaga. Butler also handled Notre Dame and #21 Tennessee. Old Dominion beat #9 Georgetown. This is definitely a bizarre year.
11-24-2006 07:46 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94

I don't remember a year that started with this many upsets...and not just mid majors beating majors...but low majors beating majors as well....

maybe UC has a chance this year?.....nah...never mind.
11-24-2006 09:18 PM
Advertisement

CardHouse Offline
1st String

Re: Did UL lose to Dayton in basketball today?
HiddenDragon Wrote:I dont know how good UL is supposed to be this year but isnt losing to Dayton kinda not accepted in Cardinal Country?
Yes, and many fans are getting frustrated, not just with this loss, but with the state of the program. The Final Four team from 2 years ago came from an experienced and talented upper-classmen team, and this is what for the most part it takes.

The people leaving the program and the injuries the last few years has made it impossible to build any kind of continuity and stability to get that experienced, junior-senior team.

With the freshmen and sophomores we have now, I think we have a chance to get that team we need in a couple of years (if Pitino can keep things together), but yes, many fans are a little frustrated that, here in Pitino
11-24-2006 10:15 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

It is annoying Cardhouse. I'd like to see if we can get a team this season with Caracter, Jenkins, & McGee back full strength and see what we have there. Padgett's knees are probably not going to ever be 100%, so we use what we get there I guess. If we actually got a healthy team with who is on the current roster I don't think there's anyone in the Big East we couldn't play with. I'm not holding my breath on having a healthy team though.
11-24-2006 10:44 PM
Advertisement

HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

I just think parity in college basketball is at an all-time high now. George Mason showed you don't have to have the big time athlete to make it to the Final Four.

I think it is good for college basketball to have parity and it definitely will make for an interesting Selection Sunday. Maybe extending the amount of teams from 65 to 72 doesn't seem like a bad idea after all.
11-25-2006 12:05 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

I personally think Rick Pinto may be pasted his prime. Time will tell.
11-25-2006 12:46 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

Hidden dragon, Is that birminghams' skyline in your signiture.? Its a nice skyline. Its more modern than I would have thought. I have relatives in Birmingham.
11-25-2006 12:52 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.