The "Kuran Box"- CA story on Iverson
Bookmark and Share
SouthernBoiNOLA Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis
The "Kuran Box"- CA story on Iverson
Story in todays Commercial Appeal...
http://www.commercialappeal.com/sports/t...x_59905520

It basically says that Iverson is going to play more of the 4 this season. In the Finch center, they have outlined in white tape a box one foot above the free throw line and one foot outside the paint for Iverson. This is where they feel he will be the most effective (taking big men off the dribble, shooting over smaller defenders).

Hopefully he will develop into the great player (and matchup nightmare) that a lot of us think he can be
08-13-2014 10:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Willie Becton Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Fair Play.
RE: The "Kuran Box"- CA story on Iverson
...box
08-13-2014 10:55 AM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
So no "IverSpoon" ?
08-13-2014 10:59 AM
idroot4russia Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I've been saying all along that he would end up playing the 4 for us before it was all said and done, been mocked and ridiculed for it by a few of the bigger clowns on the board.
08-13-2014 11:00 AM
TigerFan386 Offline
1st String

“This year he just wanted me to get that contact with the bigs and become stronger and all that,” Iverson said. “I’m cool with it. When I get down there with the bigs, I ain’t gonna be afraid of nothing. I’m gonna be rebounding with them. I might play the 3 and the 4 on and off. I’d rather play the 4, though, because I can (create matchup) problems."

You take all this offseason stuff with a grain of salt, but I like this mentality.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2014 11:15 AM by TigerFan386.)
08-13-2014 11:14 AM
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

Kuran had several impressive rebounding efforts in limited minutes last season.
08-13-2014 11:22 AM
Advertisement

Stammers Offline
Legend

(08-13-2014 11:00 AM)idroot4russia Wrote:  I've been saying all along that he would end up playing the 4 for us before it was all said and done, been mocked and ridiculed for it by a few of the bigger clowns on the board.

I said it too from Day 1. Happily, it seems that Iverson himself is saying it.
08-13-2014 11:24 AM
poppaslaw Offline
Social Credit Score - 0

I Root For: CHY-NAH

Donators
(08-13-2014 10:59 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  So no "IverSpoon" ?

[Image: 2479_j4f0d7.png]
08-13-2014 11:25 AM
Tigermaniac Offline
BBB Enthusiast

I Root For: Memphis/Army
I'm 100% fine with him at the 4.

1. Good handles but not enough to take a guard off the dribble at this level, however an opposing 4 or 5 yes!
2. Don't know if he improved but his 3 point shot was horrible last season. He was able to get put backs, short range shots, and drive decently when he played last season.
3. 6'10
4. He does have good vision and passing ability, and that is important for those high/low plays.

Our roster is looking good. (Current Scholarship Players)

PG's- Pookie, Magee
SG's- Markel, Avery
SF's-King, Burrell
PF's- Nichols, Iverson, Godfrey, Hawkins
C's- Shaq, Woodson

While inexperienced, that roster is VERY talented. We are deep up front which is great, the wings are highly touted and have size, the back court while young has huge potential plus as we all know you gotta grow up sometime :).

GO TIGERS!
08-13-2014 11:25 AM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
(08-13-2014 10:50 AM)SouthernBoiNOLA Wrote:  Story in todays Commercial Appeal...

It basically says that Iverson is going to play more of the 4 this season. In the Finch center, they have outlined in white tape a box one foot above the free throw line and one foot outside the paint for Iverson. This is where they feel he will be the most effective (taking big men off the dribble, shooting over smaller defenders).

Hopefully he will develop into the great player (and matchup nightmare) that a lot of us think he can be

Imagine Big Dom at the 5 and Iverson at the 4.

Then they tag out and Shaq and Nichols come in.
08-13-2014 11:31 AM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
(08-13-2014 11:31 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  
(08-13-2014 10:50 AM)SouthernBoiNOLA Wrote:  Story in todays Commercial Appeal...

Most coaches in the land would give their left testicle to have such a luxury.
08-13-2014 11:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

(08-13-2014 11:34 AM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  
(08-13-2014 11:31 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  Imagine Big Dom at the 5 and Iverson at the 4.

Indeed. Then throw in rebound machine and junkyard dogs like Nick King, Calvin Godfrey and Chris Hawkins to rotate at the 3/4 spots.

Very Nice.
08-13-2014 11:39 AM
idroot4russia Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Apparently none of those coaches were at Adidas nations last week.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2014 01:27 PM by idroot4russia.)
08-13-2014 11:42 AM
Stammers Offline
Legend

If we ever needed a player to turn out to be really good...to be better than they should be out of the box; Pookie is that guy. We will be one of the better teams in the country at the 4/5, well above average at the 3, and serviceable at the 2. We will go as far as Pookie takes us.
08-13-2014 11:44 AM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

(08-13-2014 11:42 AM)idroot4russia Wrote:  

Apparently noone of those coaches were at Adidas nations last week.

What is your problem?

All you are doing is flaming and being negative as possible in every single thread.

01-wingedeagle
08-13-2014 11:44 AM
Tigermaniac Offline
BBB Enthusiast

I Root For: Memphis/Army
(08-13-2014 11:44 AM)Stammers Wrote:  If we ever needed a player to turn out to be really good...to be better than they should be out of the box; Pookie is that guy. We will be one of the better teams in the country at the 4/5, well above average at the 3, and serviceable at the 2. We will go as far as Pookie takes us.

A consistent threat from that 2 and 3 spot is also very crucial as well. We need our 1,2 and 3 to be able to knock down the three or at least be enough of a threat to open up the inside some to let our skilled front court go to work.

I feel comfortable with Pookie running the point. All he has to do is run the offense, limit turnovers and play defense.

With the wings and front court we have, we are in great shape. As long as the back court lets the game come to them and they play within the system they should be fine. With us only playing 2 guards at one time we can possible bring the 7.7 (8) turnovers per game from the back court down a bit. Hopefully the experience in the front court will limit their turnovers and bring them down from last season too.

I like this team.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2014 12:24 PM by Tigermaniac.)
08-13-2014 12:23 PM
Advertisement

BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
This box thing is actually a good idea.
08-13-2014 12:34 PM
Stammers Offline
Legend

(08-13-2014 12:23 PM)Tigermaniac Wrote:  
(08-13-2014 11:44 AM)Stammers Wrote:  If we ever needed a player to turn out to be really good...to be better than they should be out of the box; Pookie is that guy. We will be one of the better teams in the country at the 4/5, well above average at the 3, and serviceable at the 2. We will go as far as Pookie takes us.

A consistent threat from that 2 and 3 spot is also very crucial as well. We need our 1,2 and 3 to be able to knock down the three or at least be enough of a threat to open up the inside some to let our skilled front court go to work.

I feel comfortable with Pookie running the point. All he has to do is run the offense, limit turnovers and play defense.

With the wings and front court we have, we are in great shape. As long as the back court lets the game come to them and they play within the system they should be fine. With us only playing 2 guards at one time we can possible bring the 7.7 (8) turnovers per game from the back court down a bit. Hopefully the experience in the front court will limit their turnovers and bring them down from last season too.

I like this team.

We haven't seen any of our guards play, so who knows how they will play? Maybe they will be able to run and take care of the ball at the same time. Worst case scenario; I think would be for our guards to literally walk the ball all the way up the court until they get it into the hands of one of our bigs.
08-13-2014 12:37 PM
MemphisCanes Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: THE Tigers

I had a few words with a coach who was really familiar with Pookie from the FL AAU. Really praised the system that Pookie came up in at Dr. Phillips and said that in a few years Pookie will be an all-conference PG. I've got high hopes.
08-13-2014 12:39 PM
MemphisCanes Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: THE Tigers
Frankly, the 4 is where Iverson can help this team immediately. His guard skills may come along as he gets more real time experience and he may be able to slide further towards the 3 or possibly the 2. But he's long, tenacious on the offensive boards, a sneaky good defender in the post and brings matchup issues on the o-end.

The most important thing is that he buys into this role.
08-13-2014 12:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.