WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

PGA and 18 inning Tiger game
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
PGA and 18 inning Tiger game
Wish we had put a chicken on the Weber, the day would have been perfect.
08-10-2014 06:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dirty Ernie Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
RE: PGA and 18 inning Tiger game
Yeah except now Big Brother is on delay.
08-10-2014 08:26 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(08-10-2014 08:26 PM)Dirty Ernie Wrote:  Yeah except now Big Brother is on delay.

03-puke
08-10-2014 08:27 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
Rory is going to pass Tiger by someday.

I don't think Woods wins another major, maybe not another tournament. Could be having a fall like David Duvall had. Injuries, personal issues, lack of motivation. "I won a ton, have more money than I know what to do with, I no have friends (read Hank Haneys book), what's the point of busting my azz to win 5 majors before I retire?"

It was a perfect day though. Parked the boat on a sandbar, drank, sun, kids swam. Got in in time to catch the end of the PGA, have a brats and have my niece make my new favorite foo foo fruity drink, Passion fruit vodka w/7 UP. NTTATWWT
08-10-2014 09:24 PM
Advertisement

Dirty Ernie Offline
Heisman

(08-10-2014 08:27 PM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 08:26 PM)Dirty Ernie Wrote:  Yeah except now Big Brother is on delay.

03-puke

But, Big Brother and Stampede have a lot of similar characteristics!
08-11-2014 08:06 AM
WheresWaldo42 Offline
1st String

I Root For: BetterCall Saul
The golf yesterday was awesome. As long as Phil didn't win, I was happy. Was actually pulling for a McIlroy vs Fowler playoff. I think you are correct Dip, Rory might pass Tiger someday. Although, what Tiger did for about 10 years was amazing. If Rory can keep playing like this, he is going to be hard to beat the next 10 years.

Tiger needs to go back to banging as many chicks as he can. Seemed to play better then.

I have always been a Tiger fan. Always wanted him to win and didn't watch much when he wasn't in contention. But the last 2 or 3 tourneys I find it laughable that as soon as he makes a few bogeys and falls out of contention that he is suddenly limping around and cant bend over and looks 80. If you are hurt get off the course and stop taking someone elses spot. My honest hope is that we don't see him again until next spring. He comes back 100% healthy and plays like he did even last year. And we get to see Rory and Tiger do battle for the next few years. That would be great for golf.
08-11-2014 08:29 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(08-11-2014 08:29 AM)WheresWaldo42 Wrote:  The golf yesterday was awesome. As long as Phil didn't win, I was happy. Was actually pulling for a McIlroy vs Fowler playoff. I think you are correct Dip, Rory might pass Tiger someday. Although, what Tiger did for about 10 years was amazing. If Rory can keep playing like this, he is going to be hard to beat the next 10 years.

Tiger needs to go back to banging as many chicks as he can. Seemed to play better then.

I have always been a Tiger fan. Always wanted him to win and didn't watch much when he wasn't in contention. But the last 2 or 3 tourneys I find it laughable that as soon as he makes a few bogeys and falls out of contention that he is suddenly limping around and cant bend over and looks 80. If you are hurt get off the course and stop taking someone elses spot. My honest hope is that we don't see him again until next spring. He comes back 100% healthy and plays like he did even last year. And we get to see Rory and Tiger do battle for the next few years. That would be great for golf.

Hank Haney said he thought Woods embelished injuries to impress his buds who were real athletes.

Woods was exceptional, but I don't think he had the competion that McClroy faces today. I used to buy the Phil's a phony rumor, a lot of which was started by Woods, but after reading Haney's book I don't buy it. I always pull for him, Bubba, Fowler, and Furik sp. We followed Furik at a practice round at the Buick open and he stopped and talked to my younger son who was 12 at the time, and took a picture with him. Before Nicklaus retired we followed him at the Senior PGA in Dearborn. He was surprisingly approachable. He gave my son an autograph (framed in my man cave bathroom) and took the time to explain to him why he couldn't sign a golfball. Something to do with a court case he was in over memorabilia stores selling balls he had not authorized.

John Daly was the most fan friendly golfer I've ever followed. I think he's almost too distracted. His short game is freakish. He would hit 100 yard wedge shots that never got higher than ten feet off the ground. They'd hit the green and back up 15 feet.

It's pretty sad that the PGA doesn't come to MI anymore. If you get a chance to catch the Sr. PGA at Harbor Shores check it out. An amazing layout built on an old industrial site in Benton Harbor. Couples, Watson, and Langer played. Great layout, good crowds, and the players are really fan friendly.
08-11-2014 10:46 AM
Advertisement

thegeneral Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU, OU
My dad and I used to go to the TPC at Dearborn for the Senior event.

Was always an awesome time. It's amazing to see great golfers up close.
08-11-2014 10:47 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(08-11-2014 10:47 AM)thegeneral Wrote:  My dad and I used to go to the TPC at Dearborn for the Senior event.

Was always an awesome time. It's amazing to see great golfers up close.

I would think Ford would sponsor another event there. I was always impressed that a guy like Gary Player, who was in his 60s then, golf technology was limited, and he was not a big guy, but he could crush a drive.

Michigan has so many great courses, along with a legendary course like Oakland Hills in Birmingham. Add to that 5 million in the Detroit metro area. There's no excuse for the PGA not coming to MI.
08-11-2014 11:15 AM
WheresWaldo42 Offline
1st String

(08-11-2014 10:46 AM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  
(08-11-2014 08:29 AM)WheresWaldo42 Wrote:  The golf yesterday was awesome. As long as Phil didn't win, I was happy. Was actually pulling for a McIlroy vs Fowler playoff. I think you are correct Dip, Rory might pass Tiger someday. Although, what Tiger did for about 10 years was amazing. If Rory can keep playing like this, he is going to be hard to beat the next 10 years.

Hank Haney said he thought Woods embelished injuries to impress his buds who were real athletes.

Woods was exceptional, but I don't think he had the competion that McClroy faces today. I used to buy the Phil's a phony rumor, a lot of which was started by Woods, but after reading Haney's book I don't buy it. I always pull for him, Bubba, Fowler, and Furik sp. We followed Furik at a practice round at the Buick open and he stopped and talked to my younger son who was 12 at the time, and took a picture with him. Before Nicklaus retired we followed him at the Senior PGA in Dearborn. He was surprisingly approachable. He gave my son an autograph (framed in my man cave bathroom) and took the time to explain to him why he couldn't sign a golfball. Something to do with a court case he was in over memorabilia stores selling balls he had not authorized.

John Daly was the most fan friendly golfer I've ever followed. I think he's almost too distracted. His short game is freakish. He would hit 100 yard wedge shots that never got higher than ten feet off the ground. They'd hit the green and back up 15 feet.

It's pretty sad that the PGA doesn't come to MI anymore. If you get a chance to catch the Sr. PGA at Harbor Shores check it out. An amazing layout built on an old industrial site in Benton Harbor. Couples, Watson, and Langer played. Great layout, good crowds, and the players are really fan friendly.

Yeah at this point, I don't think there is any question that Tiger is embellishing the injuries. More as an excuse for not being what he once was. Is he hurt? Probably. Is he fall on your knees and bend over like an old man picking up your ball hurt? No. It almost reminds me of when I was a little kid playing football with my dad and would fake an injury because I missed a ball. Or the guy that swings and misses at the plate and limps halfway down the base path to show that he was hurt and that's the excuse for sucking. Its sad actually.

Yes I was at Harbor Shores in Benton Harbor the last 2 years for the Sr event. Played it a week after this year. That is a nice and VERY difficult course. We used to go to the Buick Open in Grand Blanc every year. Its amazing watching those guys up close. Too bad they don't come to Michigan anymore.
08-11-2014 02:01 PM
Advertisement

Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(08-11-2014 02:01 PM)WheresWaldo42 Wrote:  

Yeah at this point, I don't think there is any question that Tiger is embellishing the injuries. More as an excuse for not being what he once was. Is he hurt? Probably. Is he fall on your knees and bend over like an old man picking up your ball hurt? No. It almost reminds me of when I was a little kid playing football with my dad and would fake an injury because I missed a ball. Or the guy that swings and misses at the plate and limps halfway down the base path to show that he was hurt and that's the excuse for sucking. Its sad actually.

Yes I was at Harbor Shores in Benton Harbor the last 2 years for the Sr event. Played it a week after this year. That is a nice and VERY difficult course. We used to go to the Buick Open in Grand Blanc every year. Its amazing watching those guys up close. Too bad they don't come to Michigan anymore.

I'd like to play Harbor Shores this Fall. When you played was it crowded? I like to play fast, don't want to wait all day while people plumb Bob putts, and don't want people waiting on me either.
08-11-2014 04:21 PM
Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/Boat Drinks

ernie, that is our families guilty pleasure TV. We have watched every season. I don't usually watch these shows.
08-11-2014 10:39 PM
WheresWaldo42 Offline
1st String

(08-11-2014 04:21 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  
(08-11-2014 02:01 PM)WheresWaldo42 Wrote:  

I'd like to play Harbor Shores this Fall. When you played was it crowded? I like to play fast, don't want to wait all day while people plumb Bob putts, and don't want people waiting on me either.

Wasn't crowded at all. I was there with 7 other guys. We had 2 4somes and zipped around pretty good. Other than the fact that it was hard and we lost too many balls.

I don't like dinking around either. Ready golf at its best.

You will love it, its a gorgeous course.
08-12-2014 09:17 AM
thegeneral Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU, OU
(08-11-2014 10:39 PM)Kimbosucks Wrote:  

ernie, that is our families guilty pleasure TV. We have watched every season. I don't usually watch these shows.

I watch it too. It's great. I have the biggest crush on Nicole.
08-12-2014 10:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.