Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SEASON OPENER: Miami at Louisville
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
SEASON OPENER: Miami at Louisville
Ville fans, how is the season's start going for you guys? I know a TON of Miami fans are going up to Louisville for the game and I am reading lots of comments of people going to the game on CanesTime and social media. We usually always have a few thousand at away games and it looks like we'll pick our 'rivalry' back up where we left off in the classic 2006 game.

With Kevin Olsen suspended for this game I imagine our QB will be Jake Heaps who showed promise in H.S. but has yet to find his collegiate groove. I also think that if he starts sucking we may see Ryan Williams in the game (03-banghead) especially given Al's issues with Stephen Morris not being so great last year.

I am so looking forward to the first game in ACC play for Miami this year and EVER by Louisville. It will be a great one I'm sure if not only for the atmosphere but for the game itself. Thoughts on the game fellow Canes and Cards fans?
08-04-2014 12:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisville
Re: SEASON OPENER: Miami at Louisville
I'm excited to see Miami back on our schedule again. It's great to be in the ACC, would be better to see the Canes ever year though. Its a bit of a different start for us not playing Kentucky first & starting out with a conference game but having Miami trumps all of that.

Not exactly sure what to expect from the Cards this year with a new QB, new coach & a new conference but expectations are high. Gardner will start at QB & our season will more than likely depend on how his knees hold out.

The Cards are switching from a 4-3 defense to the 3-4 with Granthem coming in. Finding starting DB's will be the crucial focus point in camp over the next few weeks.

I'm ready for kickoff. Welcome all Canes fans back to Louisville.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
08-04-2014 01:18 PM
adcorbett Offline
This F'n Guy

RE: SEASON OPENER: Miami at Louisville
(08-04-2014 12:56 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  It will be a great one I'm sure if not only for the atmosphere but for the game itself. Thoughts on the game fellow Canes and Cards fans?

There are some fans who have already gotten to the stadium and started tailgating for this game. 03-shhhh
08-04-2014 02:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
24Ville Offline
Water Engineer

This is one of the most eagerly awaited games in our history! Its gonna be rowdy to say the least. At least 8 solid hours of tailgating beforehand for me
08-04-2014 05:00 PM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

Patrino has already declared a black out & they will unveil their new black uniforms.

[attachment=5730]

08-04-2014 06:12 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
I'm coming into town for Labor Day weekend and can't wait to see the Cards open up ACC play in person under the lights on that Monday night!
08-04-2014 06:27 PM
Advertisement

UofLgrad07 Offline
1st String

(08-04-2014 12:56 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  Ville fans, how is the season's start going for you guys?

Thought about the game
- Louisville will wear all black uniforms for the opener against Miami. You can see the uniform here and the helmet here.
- At least one popular UofL fan site has labeled the game as "The Most Important Season-Opener In Louisville Football History".
- The cheapest tickets on stubhub for the game are $75. Demand for tickets on the secondary market is at an all-time high.
- PJCS will be rocking. Labor Day weekend + night game = lots of tailgating and a rowdy atmosphere.
- Everyone I know is absolutely pumped to play Miami as the season opener. The big downside for most of us is not getting to play you guys more often.

Thoughts on the team
- The biggest question marks are at QB, DL, and Safety. The biggest strengths are at RB, WR, and LBs.
- QB Will Gardner has looked good in practices so far, but he didn't get much game time last season. We don't really know what to expect with him.
- Gardner needs to stay healthy...his backups haven't looked great IMO.
- The RB position is deep and will likely use a by committee approach. I expect to see a fairly steady rotation of Brown, Dyer, Scott.
- Parker is the best receiver on the team abut this is probably the deepest unit on the team. Gardner will have a lot of options to throw to this year.
- We're switching from a base 4-3 defense to a base 3-4 defense. I'm concerned about the lack of an elite level NT and the run stopping ability of our DL.
- We are razor thin at safety and have to replace both of our starters from last year. I woouldn't be surprised if we give up some big plays this year.
- Special teams have to be better than last year.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2014 07:20 PM by UofLgrad07.)
08-04-2014 07:18 PM
ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
(08-04-2014 02:09 PM)adcorbett Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 12:56 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  It will be a great one I'm sure if not only for the atmosphere but for the game itself. Thoughts on the game fellow Canes and Cards fans?

There are some fans who have already gotten to the stadium and started tailgating for this game. 03-shhhh

A month in advance? Must be nice.
08-04-2014 09:49 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I look forward to the game. I have done this already for the game:

1) Got the flag pole ready:
1. U.S. Flag
2. Louisville Football Flag
3. ACC Conference Flag
4. Cardinal Head Pennant
5. Male High School Flag
2) Bought a new Coleman Roadtrip LXE Propane Grill.
We wore out old one old.
3) Bought new shirts for the blackout
4) Made sure the Pop-up tent was in good order.
5) Still in mentoring tailgating supplies.

The suspense until game time is strong. 04-cheers
08-04-2014 10:56 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

Miami has a tendency to win in opponents' Black Out games... Just look at UNC last year at Zero Black Friday!!

Stoormtrooper unis incoming...

I'm sure tix will get more & more expensive and I'm pretty sure our away tix allotment won't even go to public sale, since we have 7k in Hurricane Club now and most of them get first dibs anyway and will probably go if they can.

GO CANES !!! Very excited.
08-05-2014 12:52 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

03-phew At the end of the game, Miami is going to be all black and blue again! 05-stirthepot
07-coffee3
08-05-2014 07:04 AM
Advertisement

Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

Are the Canes going to stomp on the logo again? Lol

08-05-2014 08:50 AM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

LOL ! You never know what happens in the heat of the moment...

I do think they will stomp the Cards one way or another !! 03-wink
08-05-2014 01:37 PM
HRFlossY Offline
1st String

I Root For: L' ville
(08-05-2014 12:52 AM)Ole Blue Wrote:  Miami has a tendency to win in opponents' Black Out games... Just look at UNC last year at Zero Black Friday!!

GO CANES !!! Very excited.

The Major difference is BLACK is our actual school color. And not some "trendy" thing like most schools are doing now.05-mafia
FlossY out...04-wine
08-05-2014 01:41 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

(08-05-2014 01:37 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  LOL ! You never know what happens in the heat of the moment...

05-stirthepot Like last game? 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

07-coffee3
08-05-2014 05:59 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-05-2014 05:59 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 01:37 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  LOL ! You never know what happens in the heat of the moment...

05-stirthepot Like last game? 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

07-coffee3

The opposite...

Fortunately for us, both of our quarterbacks are gone -- Stephen Morris, mediocre at best, and Bridgewater for you (NFL already). I like our chances now... 03-nutkick 07-coffee3
08-05-2014 11:44 PM
Advertisement

UofLgrad07 Offline
1st String

Football Sells Record Number of Season Tickets; Individual Tickets on Sale Friday

Quote:School officials announced Tuesday that all season tickets have been sold, as a record 46,149 tickets have been purchased for the Cardinals' 2014 home slate. The number of season tickets sold has increased over the last five years, dating back to the stadium's expansion in 2010. Louisville's previous record for season tickets sold was in 2013, when 45,627 were sold.
08-06-2014 08:00 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(08-06-2014 08:00 AM)UofLgrad07 Wrote:  Football Sells Record Number of Season Tickets; Individual Tickets on Sale Friday

Quote:School officials announced Tuesday that all season tickets have been sold, as a record 46,149 tickets have been purchased for the Cardinals' 2014 home slate. The number of season tickets sold has increased over the last five years, dating back to the stadium's expansion in 2010. Louisville's previous record for season tickets sold was in 2013, when 45,627 were sold.

Can you tell us what season ticket sales were like BEFORE Louisville accepted the ACC invitation (say, for the 2011 and/or 2012 seasons)?
08-06-2014 08:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

44,000 to 45,000 season tickets have been sold most years for the last 12 years are so. 04-cheers
08-06-2014 09:51 AM
adcorbett Offline
This F'n Guy

(08-06-2014 08:37 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(08-06-2014 08:00 AM)UofLgrad07 Wrote:  Football Sells Record Number of Season Tickets; Individual Tickets on Sale Friday

Can you tell us what season ticket sales were like BEFORE Louisville accepted the ACC invitation (say, for the 2011 and/or 2012 seasons)?

Season tickets have been sold out the last couple of years. Usually right at around 45k. But some of the differences this year are that there are 200-300 more tickets previously held for the University, now being offered, and straggler seats (single tickets left in a row) were sold as season tickets. The straggler seats were usually sold as single game tickets.

One major difference was in the past after season tickets were sold, you could later buy mini-season tickets that come from returned tickets from visitors. This year, I think there will be a lot fewer than last year.
08-06-2014 10:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.