Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

G5 Top 25 Poll Preseason Poll Vote
Bookmark and Share
ODU Oldtimer Offline
All American

I Root For: .ODU

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
G5 Top 25 Poll Preseason Poll Vote
We will take the 1st vote for the G5 TOP 25 2014 Preseason Poll starting tomorrow Sunday Aug 3, 2014.

If you are a voting member all the information will be sent to you in an email. But all the details will also be on the G5 Blog site as well.
link... http://thegroupoffivefootballforum.wordp...-all-info/

Thanks especially to Superman from AGS he has provided hours and hours of work to help make this poll a reality. I would also like to thank all the members that have registered as official poll voting members. I am sure this will grow over the years and I hope everyone that is a voter will enjoy being a part of making history.

I will post the results of the polls ONLY on the ODU board for discussion, and I am encouraging other members to do the same for their respective boards. We have voters from all five G5 conferences and I appreciate all those that have taken the time to help make this a success.

I will post a link for the most recent results not only for the 1st Poll (Preseason) Aug 7 on the G5 blog but you will be able to see the results for all the weeks at the link below.

Link... http://thegroupoffivefootballforum.wordp...y-results/

Again Thanks and enjoy,

Oldtimer

PS.... there is still time to become a voter if you have not registered.

link ... http://thegroupoffivefootballforum.wordp...ball-poll/
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2014 09:08 PM by ODU Oldtimer.)
08-02-2014 08:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
RE: G5 Top 25 Poll Preseason Poll Vote
I think the links are broken!
08-02-2014 08:27 PM
ODU Oldtimer Offline
All American

(08-02-2014 08:27 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  I think the links are broken!

I think it has been fixed.

Thanks
08-02-2014 08:51 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

It has! Thanks for the fix. Will vote.
08-03-2014 09:15 AM
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
Anything that separates us and us embracing it is not what we should be doing...

that is what the BCS schools are doing to us and after years of espn talking heads tell everyone...

all of us are "mid-major" now the espn babies (grew up with espn telling you how to think) are buying into that. Let them do it but embracing anything but a poll that includes every school playing in the same division...

HURTS US ALL

Ranks us after every BCS schools if they have to but DO NOT buy into the separation
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2014 12:58 PM by WKUYG.)
08-03-2014 12:57 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
(08-03-2014 12:57 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  Anything that separates us and us embracing it is not what we should be doing...

that is what the BCS schools are doing to us and after years of espn talking heads tell everyone...

all of us are "mid-major" now the espn babies (grew up with espn telling you how to think) are buying into that. Let them do it but embracing anything but a poll that includes every school playing in the same division...

HURTS US ALL

Ranks us after every BCS schools if they have to but DO NOT buy into the separation

^this^
08-03-2014 02:10 PM
comiceagle Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(08-03-2014 02:10 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 12:57 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  Anything that separates us and us embracing it is not what we should be doing...

HURTS US ALL

^this^
X3
08-03-2014 02:35 PM
Advertisement

FAUAEPi Offline
1st String

I Root For: FAU
While I agree with you guys. I enjoy ODUOldTimer's dedication to giving us G5 programs at least one stop shop for all the information that we need. If the P5 conferences have 10 multimillion dollar media outlets that focus on them, is it really going to hurt if we have one small website?

My fraternity brothers would create an all Florida rankings and a top 15 mid major rankings It was a lot of fun and spearheaded a good amount of healthy debate.
08-03-2014 02:53 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
(08-03-2014 02:53 PM)FAUAEPi Wrote:  While I agree with you guys. I enjoy ODUOldTimer's dedication to giving us G5 programs at least one stop shop for all the information that we need. If the P5 conferences have 10 multimillion dollar media outlets that focus on them, is it really going to hurt if we have one small website?

My fraternity brothers would create an all Florida rankings and a top 15 mid major rankings It was a lot of fun and spearheaded a good amount of healthy debate.

No one questioned OT's dedication or right to do what he's doing. We just disagree with the concept and where it leads. I suspect most of us feel promoting such an idea is like saying, 'oh look, there's a big ole bear trap, let's step in it and see what happens'.
08-03-2014 03:12 PM
CoachMaclid Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall
The way it's going (and by that I mean ESPN), we should embrace the G9 concept.... that being the nine FBS conferences not named the SEC...
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2014 04:22 PM by CoachMaclid.)
08-03-2014 04:21 PM
Advertisement

ODU Oldtimer Offline
All American

Just as this discussion has emerged about the G5 Poll, so will a healthy interest and discussion revolve around the Top 25 Poll ranking each week. All of us will now have the opportunity as the season progresses to have a bench mark of where we fit in. The conversation will hatch and grow each week as the poll will help us evaluate the best among us. Even without the poll the discussion would have existed .

So, with that said, if anyone really thinks that a poll that was originated for entertainment and designed to open a dialogue for more discussion around the teams we love and support will in some way influence the current “Football Hierarchy”, they are fooling themselves. There is NO WAY this poll will have any impact on a $100 billion dollar INDUSTRY in 2014. The G5 Poll if anything will generate and stimulate interest between teams in each conference and throughout all five conferences.

Our goal was simple and I hope everyone will enjoy participating, and discussing the results. The bottom line was to allow everyone one more avenue to enjoy, revel in and appreciate the football season with a poll designated for entertainment purposes. Have fun with it and let’s not try to read more into the G5 Poll than what it is. Life is simple lets cherish and enjoy every moment we have been given, and the opportunity to enjoy all we have.... Lets have fun.

Aim High

Oldtimer
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2014 05:03 PM by ODU Oldtimer.)
08-03-2014 04:59 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

Good golly, you folks are tight-wrung. The distinction has been made by media moguls to exclude the so-called Group of 5 conferences from major talking points, but this poll provides a chance to get insight into the matchups WE care more about. If I want to know how Miami stacks up compared to ACC and Power 5 I look at AP poll. But those are always biased against G5 schools, so I think this is a good idea to exclude the so-called power schools. You can compare results of the top G5 schools against P5 schools in our poll and see how they do, more for curiosity than for a major 'division'.
08-03-2014 07:33 PM
ODU Oldtimer Offline
All American

If you have not voted please do so, Thanks

link... http://thegroupoffivefootballforum.wordp...-all-info/
08-04-2014 05:48 PM
Advertisement

SethManKA1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Southern Miss
I know what P5 stands for but what does G5 stand for?

Thanks

SMTTT
08-04-2014 08:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ODU Oldtimer Offline
All American

(08-04-2014 08:06 PM)SethManKA1 Wrote:  I know what P5 stands for but what does G5 stand for?

Thanks

SMTTT

Group of
08-05-2014 01:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.