MyBB Nice Article on Pete Myers
08-01-2014 05:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ez272 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Little Rock
RE: Nice Article on Pete Myers
(08-01-2014 05:25 PM)TroJams Wrote:  Pete Myers' return home to Mobile as much about providing opportunities as basketball lessons

Pete still looks the same.
What some people don't know about Pete is he played his senior year at UALR with a stress fracture in his foot. That is what I was told, anyway. What competitor. One reason Pete made the Bulls roster was he had somebody important backing him. Someone with the initials MJ. Jordan loved what he saw in Pete. Pete practiced with the same intensity he played the game with. He never slacked off. Jordan liked that.
08-02-2014 08:23 AM
mdtntrojanceo Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UALR
(08-02-2014 08:23 AM)ez272 Wrote:  
(08-01-2014 05:25 PM)TroJams Wrote:  Pete Myers' return home to Mobile as much about providing opportunities as basketball lessons

What some people don't know about Pete is he played his senior year at UALR with a stress fracture in his foot. That is what I was told, anyway. What competitor. One reason Pete made the Bulls roster was he had somebody important backing him. Someone with the initials MJ. Jordan loved what he saw in Pete. Pete practiced with the same intensity he played the game with. He never slacked off. Jordan liked that.

Maybe Pete could be our coach in future????
08-04-2014 02:16 PM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-04-2014 02:16 PM)mdtntrojanceo Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 08:23 AM)ez272 Wrote:  

Maybe Pete could be our coach in future????

Ya, I knew about the stress fracture since I knew the team podiatrist at the time. Had long forgotten about that, however. I have also thought about him as a possible candidate to coach here. He's got a ton of experience. Does he have his degree? No clue, but academics was supposedly not a priority under Newell. He and Kestenbaum need to be this year's Hall of Fame inductees. I've felt that likely Pete has been asked but couldn't commit to being here as he has been in the NBA, in one capacity or another, since he left UALR. If he really take the year off, this season would be the perfect time to induct him.
08-04-2014 02:38 PM
LR Alum Offline
1st String

Nice Article on Pete Myers
I would be all for him to be our coach. Did he get a degree? You can tell he has respect from players when he is on the bench and huddles.
08-04-2014 10:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.