Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Your favorite MLB ballpark?
Bookmark and Share
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
Your favorite MLB ballpark?
I know there are tons of Cardinals fans here, and I haven't been to the new Cardinals ballpark yet. But I thought it would be interesting to hear from some of you who have been to any of the other ballparks and which might be your favorite.

My favorite of those I have been to is AT&T Park in San Francisco. Absolutely beautiful setting. I also have become partial to what is now Global Life Park, where the Rangers play even though it is coming up on 20 years old. They have a new name every other year.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2014 10:07 AM by Tiger46.)
07-31-2014 10:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Donators
RE: Your favorite MLB ballpark?
been to several - obviously Wrigley, Fenway and Yankee Stadium stand out because of their tradition....

Saw a baseball game in the Astrodome. Progressive Field in Cleveland is a very nice setting, when the weather is good. Target Field in Minny is also very cool.

least favorite = White Sox
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2014 10:26 AM by k2tigers.)
07-31-2014 10:11 AM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

Just went to the new Busch a couple of weeks ago. It was an evening game. Temps at game time were in the low 80's. I was in the shade with a nice breeze blowing. Too bad they lost 9-1. It's a nice stadium. Parking is pretty high unless you want to walk a little. Super nice stadium.
07-31-2014 10:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TiggerFan Offline
See Ya, Albert

I Root For: US NAVY

Donators
Cardinal fan but Wrigley is the coolest. Gotta get up there this season before they start tinkering with it.
07-31-2014 11:12 AM
UofMark Offline
Heisman

New Busch is pretty sweet, although a bit high at the top. It's like 5 decks high on the top one. I've been to Turner Field a couple of times. It has really great sightlines but the stadium itself is in a dead zone. Nothing around it. Comerica Park in Detroit is nice but it's seats, especially the uppers, seem way away from the action. I was able to see a game in Tiger Stadium in September 1999, 2 weeks before it closed. That was awesome. I was upstairs but was right on top of the action. I loved the historic feel of it. It felt like a game in the 1940's, right down to the horse trough urinals. I'm seeing a couple of games at the Met's Citi Field in a few weeks. Looking forward to that.
07-31-2014 11:13 AM
Advertisement

MemphisTiger15 Offline
Banned

I Root For: an AAC 'ship
Nothing will ever match old Yankee Stadium. Been to a 7 or 8 games there. Just the history and tradition of that place was magnificent. Been to a couple of games at new Yankee Stadium. The best part of it was the Yankee museum and Monument Park (if you're into seeing plaques, jerseys, WS trophies, autographed baseballs, and replica lockers of the greatest players ever).

I've been to 1 game at Busch last year and it was nice, but I think that had more to do with being in a suite than anything. We didn't really get the "stadium experience", but I can see where the area around the place would be fun before and after a weekend or playoff game- if I was a STL fan.

Tropicana Field was ok. It was neat seeing NYY fans over run the place to the point where TB season ticket holders were asking us how we got our seats and complaining to the ushers. We also laughed at their couple of measly AL East and 1 AL Champs banners. That fired them up too.

Kaufman in KC was pretty good. Had a friend who lived in KC and his buddy was GM of a sports talk station. He got us seats about 8 rows behind home plate. Yankee fans outnumbered Royals fans those games too. David Cone was pitching for NY. He did a little dive to catch a pop up bunt and separated his shoulder. Chester McGlockton of the Chiefs sat near us and he was just a humongous man.

Went to old Busch and Jack Murphy in SD back in the early 90s as a teenager, but don't remember much about the stadium experience. I remember my drunk uncle (who doesn't like the Cubs or Cards) yelling at CHC fans how stupid their uniforms were with a teddy bear on them. I remember thinking $5 for a personal pan pizza in SD was ridiculously expensive. Pads were playing the Mets and Mackey Sasser was warming up Gooden in the pen before the game. He refused to sign autographs and I remember some guy screaming "you're a GD bullpen catcher, you couldn't carry Gary Carter's jock, and you should be glad someone wants you to sign you blankety blank."

Oh, and its not MLB--- but I'll always have a soft spot for Timmy Mac. Went to my 1st ever baseball game as a kid and drank my first beer at a ballgame there.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2014 01:43 PM by MemphisTiger15.)
07-31-2014 01:41 PM
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
Cardinal fan, but I love minute maid park, also ranger ballpark is amazing. For minor league parks, autozone is right up there with most major league parks & bricktown park in Okc is nice. Frisco roughriders have a great park as well.
07-31-2014 01:51 PM
callemasIsee-em Offline
Banned

I Root For: the Tigers!
National's ballpark in DC is nice.
07-31-2014 01:57 PM
RationalRebel Offline
All American

I Root For: Ole Miss
Here's my personal ranking:

Safeco
Petco
Target Field
Miller Park
Wrigley
Busch III
U.S. Cellular
Arlington II
Turner Field

RIP section:
Busch II
Fulton-County
Arlington I
Astrodome
Vacant lot with broken bottles and fire ant hills
Metrodome
07-31-2014 09:02 PM
Advertisement

Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(07-31-2014 09:02 PM)RationalRebel Wrote:  Here's my personal ranking:

Safeco
Petco
Target Field
Miller Park
Wrigley
Busch III
U.S. Cellular
Arlington II
Turner Field

RIP section:
Busch II
Fulton-County
Arlington I
Astrodome
Metrodome

Saefco is awesome.
08-01-2014 01:26 PM
Stammers Offline
Legend

I probably went to 20 ballparks in my time, but haven't been to any of the ballparks that are newer than 15 years old.
08-01-2014 02:57 PM
TiggerFan Offline
See Ya, Albert

I Root For: US NAVY

Donators
Speaking of baseball venues, it is kind of sad to drive by St. Louis School on White Station and see empty diamonds. There used to be 6 fields and it was hard to even get a field for practice or play as few as 10 years ago. The times they are achangin'.
08-01-2014 03:51 PM
Mick Light Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(08-01-2014 03:51 PM)TiggerFan Wrote:  Speaking of baseball venues, it is kind of sad to drive by St. Louis School on White Station and see empty diamonds. There used to be 6 fields and it was hard to even get a field for practice or play as few as 10 years ago. The times they are achangin'.

I had two oskies in one game on the St Louis football field in the 7th grade.
08-01-2014 03:53 PM
Advertisement

k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(08-01-2014 03:51 PM)TiggerFan Wrote:  Speaking of baseball venues, it is kind of sad to drive by St. Louis School on White Station and see empty diamonds. There used to be 6 fields and it was hard to even get a field for practice or play as few as 10 years ago. The times they are achangin'.

Played many Little League games there
08-01-2014 05:11 PM
RationalRebel Offline
All American

I Root For: Ole Miss
(08-01-2014 01:26 PM)Tiger46 Wrote:  
(07-31-2014 09:02 PM)RationalRebel Wrote:  Here's my personal ranking:

Safeco
Petco
Target Field
Miller Park
Wrigley
Busch III
U.S. Cellular
Arlington II
Turner Field

RIP section:
Busch II
Fulton-County
Arlington I
Astrodome
Metrodome

Saefco is awesome.

Absolutely perfect. Only thing that stunk was having to pay a "Red Sox premium," but had amazing seats and got to see King Felix mow them down. Maybe next time I get to go they'll be playing the Astros.
08-01-2014 07:48 PM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
Been to- for baseball...

Memorial Stadium- Baltimore- old- fantastic
Fulton County Stadium- Atlanta
Camden Yards- Baltimore- sweet
Turner Field- Atlanta
The Trop- St. Petersburg
Great American Ballpark- Cincy- sweet

Wow- I guess that is it...
08-02-2014 12:08 AM
bubbapt Offline
Uh, what?

Donators
(07-31-2014 11:13 AM)UofMark Wrote:  New Busch is pretty sweet, although a bit high at the top. It's like 5 decks high on the top one. I've been to Turner Field a couple of times. It has really great sightlines but the stadium itself is in a dead zone. Nothing around it. Comerica Park in Detroit is nice but it's seats, especially the uppers, seem way away from the action. I was able to see a game in Tiger Stadium in September 1999, 2 weeks before it closed. That was awesome. I was upstairs but was right on top of the action. I loved the historic feel of it. It felt like a game in the 1940's, right down to the horse trough urinals. I'm seeing a couple of games at the Met's Citi Field in a few weeks. Looking forward to that.

Tiger Stadium was where I saw my first game on July 5, 1975; I only know the actual date because Hank Aaron hit a home run off of Vern Ruhle, and I just found it online.

I also recall the troughs. You know, you don't smell reefer at ballparks these days.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2014 06:01 AM by bubbapt.)
08-02-2014 05:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.