Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ohio MBB OOC Finalized
Bookmark and Share
perimeterpost Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
Ohio MBB OOC Finalized
Here is Ohio's non conference schedule for '14-'15, listed by last year's RPI. Ohio will be participating in the Diamond Head Classic in Hawai'i and will play 3 of the other 7 teams, TBD.

51 Belmont (return game from 2013 Bracket Buster)
94 St Bonaventure (return game from 2010 H/H)

148 @ Florida Gulf Coast (new H/H, in Athens 2015)

216 @ Evansville (H/H, played in Athens last year)
267 AR Pine Bluff (buy game, no return)
282 UNC Wilmington (buy game, no return)

315 Alcorn St (buy game, no return)
336 Appalachian St (buy game, no return)

Diamond Head Classic (3 games from teams listed)
4 Wichita St
29 George Washington
35 Colorado
49 Nebraska
154 DePaul
163 Hawai'i
180 Loyola Marymount

Other Ohio MBB notes-
- Team traveling to Montreal, Canada for games Aug 13th,14th and 16th. Squad is allowed 10 extra practices per NCAA to prepare.
- Maurice NDour is in home country of Senegal preparing for the the FIBA World Cup which runs from 8/30-9/14 and won't be on the Canada trip.
- Chandler Thomas, 6'6" PF a graduate transfer from Grambling State, can't join the team until fall classes begin and won't make the trip to Canada either. He has 2yrs of eligibility left.
- Kendall Crute, 6'4" SG from GA, who was the only Jim Christian recruit not to back out, has backed out. He moved back home after just a few weeks in Athens because he missed his girlfriend and wants to become a preacher. He was expected to play significant minutes.
- Ohio will only have 10 scholarship players available for the '14-'15 season. (Houston PG transfer Jaaron Simmons has to sit out per NCAA transfer rules.)
07-31-2014 06:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bobcat_backer Offline
Heisman

RE: Ohio MBB OOC Finalized
very cool! what are the dates for the games?
07-31-2014 09:11 AM
lance99 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Akron Zips
(07-31-2014 06:04 AM)perimeterpost Wrote:  Here is Ohio's non conference schedule for '14-'15, listed by last year's RPI. Ohio will be participating in the Diamond Head Classic in Hawai'i and will play 3 of the other 7 teams, TBD.

4 Wichita St
29 George Washington
35 Colorado
49 Nebraska
154 DePaul
163 Hawai'i
180 Loyola Marymount

Other Ohio MBB notes-
- Team traveling to Montreal, Canada for games Aug 13th,14th and 16th. Squad is allowed 10 extra practices per NCAA to prepare.
- Maurice NDour is in home country of Senegal preparing for the the FIBA World Cup which runs from 8/30-9/14 and won't be on the Canada trip.
- Chandler Thomas, 6'6" PF a graduate transfer from Grambling State, can't join the team until fall classes begin and won't make the trip to Canada either. He has 2yrs of eligibility left.
- Kendall Crute, 6'4" SG from GA, who was the only Jim Christian recruit not to back out, has backed out. He moved back home after just a few weeks in Athens because he missed his girlfriend and wants to become a preacher. He was expected to play significant minutes.
- Ohio will only have 10 scholarship players available for the '14-'15 season. (Houston PG transfer Jaaron Simmons has to sit out per NCAA transfer rules.)

I like that OOC with the exception in bold.

I hate that any team in the conference that play an OOC with these RPI's, especially 250+
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2014 11:13 AM by lance99.)
07-31-2014 11:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
perimeterpost Offline
All American

(07-31-2014 11:13 AM)lance99 Wrote:  
(07-31-2014 06:04 AM)perimeterpost Wrote:  Here is Ohio's non conference schedule for '14-'15, listed by last year's RPI. Ohio will be participating in the Diamond Head Classic in Hawai'i and will play 3 of the other 7 teams, TBD.

4 Wichita St
29 George Washington
35 Colorado
49 Nebraska
154 DePaul
163 Hawai'i
180 Loyola Marymount

Other Ohio MBB notes-

I hate that any team in the conference that play an OOC with these RPI's, especially 250+

I agree but its an unfortunate necessity to fill the schedule. At least with those teams we didn't have to commit to a return game. According to Jason Arkley at the Messenger efforts were made to schedule teams like Xavier, Dayton and Cinci but they all said no. NCAA allows for 31 games, Ohio will only have 29 and it looks like getting to 29 was a challenge.
07-31-2014 01:19 PM
OhioBobcatJohn Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio
Bobcats are thin, but have Taylor, Willis, and N'Dour. Those three have to stay healthy for Ohio to have any success.
08-07-2014 10:20 PM
Advertisement

utpotts Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo
(07-31-2014 01:19 PM)perimeterpost Wrote:  
(07-31-2014 11:13 AM)lance99 Wrote:  

4 Wichita St
29 George Washington
35 Colorado
49 Nebraska
154 DePaul
163 Hawai'i
180 Loyola Marymount

Other Ohio MBB notes-

I agree but its an unfortunate necessity to fill the schedule. At least with those teams we didn't have to commit to a return game. According to Jason Arkley at the Messenger efforts were made to schedule teams like Xavier, Dayton and Cinci but they all said no. NCAA allows for 31 games, Ohio will only have 29 and it looks like getting to 29 was a challenge.

Its the same way with Toledo, Dayton, X and Cincy don't want to play us and it sounds like Michigan pulled a power move and avoided playing us as well in the Legends Tournament. Instead we get to travel cross country and play Oregon.
08-08-2014 10:28 AM
Steve1981 Online
Heisman

I Root For: UMass
Hmm we have FGCS as a buy game. They lost a ton and RPI will not be that high this year.

Holy crap this game and then those 4 buy games? That has to hurt Ohio RPI.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2014 03:05 PM by Steve1981.)
08-08-2014 03:03 PM
perimeterpost Offline
All American

(08-08-2014 03:03 PM)Steve1981 Wrote:  Hmm we have FGCS as a buy game. They lost a ton and RPI will not be that high this year.
That's a fairly large assumption, maintaining an RPI of 150 is not
unreasonable for them.

(08-08-2014 03:03 PM)Steve1981 Wrote:  Holy crap this game and then those 4 buy games? That has to hurt Ohio RPI.
Ohio will play Geo Washington (29rpi) in Rd1 of the Diamond Head Classic and possibly Colorado (35rpi) in Rd2 so that will help a little bit, but yeah, its tough when you can't get decent programs to agree to a 1x1.
08-08-2014 03:58 PM
Steve1981 Online
Heisman

I Root For: UMass
While watching their fans streamig in from all the buses had a chance to talk to them in Raleigh. Believe they were playing 5 seniors.
08-08-2014 09:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.