Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UCF receives 4th gift commitment of $100k in last 8 days
St. H. Gink Offline
All American

I Root For: CollegeFootball
Incredible donor support. The money will fund the construction of the Wayne Densch Center for Student-Athlete Leadership. The building will be the first piece in wrapping a facade of buildings around the stadium, similar to what FSU did in the 80s.

[Image: MYGA74b.jpg]
07-30-2014 06:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PiratePanther189 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU, AAC
RE: UCF receives 4th gift commitment of $100k in last 8 days
I've always wondered what the plan with the stadium was since it was a full bowl. Congrats guys
07-30-2014 07:15 PM
USFRamenu Away
Enthusiast

I Root For: South Florida
Can you post a link. I'm interested to see if there are other projects already designated. It's a great way to cover the exterior of the stadium without having to pay upfront. 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2014 07:18 PM by USFRamenu.)
07-30-2014 07:18 PM
Knightbengal Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
(07-30-2014 07:18 PM)USFRamenu Wrote:  Can you post a link. I'm interested to see if there are other projects already designated. It's a great way to cover the exterior of the stadium without having to pay upfront. 04-cheers

At the bottom of the link in my thread it has a link to the overall plan

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
07-30-2014 07:42 PM
USFRamenu Away
Enthusiast

I Root For: South Florida
(07-30-2014 07:42 PM)Knightbengal Wrote:  
(07-30-2014 07:18 PM)USFRamenu Wrote:  Can you post a link. I'm interested to see if there are other projects already designated. It's a great way to cover the exterior of the stadium without having to pay upfront. 04-cheers

I found the other thread. I like the thought of making it look old school. 04-bow
07-30-2014 07:48 PM
Advertisement

Knightbengal Offline
All American

(07-30-2014 07:48 PM)USFRamenu Wrote:  
(07-30-2014 07:42 PM)Knightbengal Wrote:  

I found the other thread. I like the thought of making it look old school. 04-bow

Yup building. It won't be this way forever

07-30-2014 07:56 PM
Knightbengal Offline
All American

Here is the full plan

07-30-2014 08:08 PM
Knightshift Offline
1st String

That master plan was released before the bottom fell out of the media deal. Everyone was expecting about a $10M/yr paycheck which would have helped fund just about everything over the next few years. Pretty much everything on that plan got put on hold when we found out what we were really going to get paid. It was premature to release that before the media deal was finalized, but it is what it is. That's why they are trying to focus more on the revenue-producing additions first. But when a donor steps up and pledges $4M for the leadership center, along with the other $100K gifts, you build it. If those pledges hadn't been given, the leadership center wouldn't even be on the drawing board, IMO. Wayne Densch Charitable Trust is a GREAT friend to UCF, and we would be screwed without them over the years. But we can only milk that teat so often. We need other wells to draw from. The $100K gifts are a good sign, though.
07-30-2014 08:45 PM
St. H. Gink Offline
All American

I Root For: CollegeFootball
Another $50k commitment today.
08-01-2014 01:08 AM
Advertisement

ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

I Root For: ECU
Who are these donors and what do they do for a living? Some of our older donors graduated before UCF was chartered. Amazing growth. I have to say, quality work fellas...
08-01-2014 01:49 AM
Knightbengal Offline
All American

(08-01-2014 01:49 AM)ncbeta Wrote:  Who are these donors and what do they do for a living? Some of our older donors graduated before UCF was chartered. Amazing growth. I have to say, quality work fellas...

According to the local rivals reporter we have enough donations pledged for the ldc. It should all be collected by September

08-01-2014 05:55 AM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
The model is FSU. Most people don't realize but FSU's stadium started essentially just like BHNS. A very bare bones stadium. In fact, the inside of their stadium is still almost entirely bleacher seating just like BHNS.

They simply started adding to the outside facade by adding facilities/buildings/etc. It also helped that they were able to utilize their corrupt ties to Florida politicians to fraudulently fleece Florida taxpayers for millions of dollars to build their fancy new additions to the stadium. (They claimed it was "classroom space" when actual classrooms were a tiny fraction of the actual building).
08-01-2014 07:19 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

(08-01-2014 01:49 AM)ncbeta Wrote:  Who are these donors and what do they do for a living? Some of our older donors graduated before UCF was chartered. Amazing growth. I have to say, quality work fellas...

Some of the largest donors didn't even attend UCF which is really amazing.

Glad that they love UCF too.
08-01-2014 08:08 AM
Advertisement

ncbeta Offline

(08-01-2014 08:08 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  

Haha, I believe someone posted that one of our alumns donated 100k (or maybe it was more? Idk) to y'alls b-school. There must be some brainwashing or something going on....04-chairshot

I have a theory....but you guys would get mad.
08-01-2014 10:20 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

(08-01-2014 10:20 AM)ncbeta Wrote:  

Haha, I believe someone posted that one of our alumns donated 100k (or maybe it was more? Idk) to y'alls b-school. There must be some brainwashing or something going on....04-chairshot

Maybe someone did...but one of the largest individual donations to UCF Sports came from ECU Alum Ronald Dowdy, (who donated $1 Million to ECU for partial naming rights to their football stadium), donated $2 Million to UCF to help get BHNS build.

Dowdy, is a very successful business person in Orlando who owns some shopping areas out by Disney.
08-01-2014 09:28 PM
fade2blac Offline
2nd String

(08-01-2014 09:28 PM)KnightLight Wrote:  
(08-01-2014 10:20 AM)ncbeta Wrote:  

Maybe someone did...but one of the largest individual donations to UCF Sports came from ECU Alum Ronald Dowdy, (who donated $1 Million to ECU for partial naming rights to their football stadium), donated $2 Million to UCF to help get BHNS build.

Dowdy, is a very successful business person in Orlando who owns some shopping areas out by Disney.

He also owns a suite in Brighthouse and the Amway Center, he is a really nice guy and a fan of local sports. He has been known to rock ECU gear regularly.
08-02-2014 12:22 AM
ncbeta Offline

Disney brainwashes ECU people. I've known four people that have done the internship down there....none of them came back.
08-02-2014 02:26 AM
Advertisement

Redvolution Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Houston
Re: RE: UCF receives 4th gift commitment of $100k in last 8 days
(08-02-2014 02:26 AM)ncbeta Wrote:  Disney brainwashes ECU people. I've known four people that have done the internship down there....none of them came back.
Lol really. How the heck did they not leave sunny Orlando to go back to Greenville? Preposterous I tell ya.....
08-02-2014 02:48 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

(08-02-2014 02:26 AM)ncbeta Wrote:  Disney brainwashes ECU people. I've known four people that have done the internship down there....none of them came back.

Disney's College Program (used to be called MKCP, Magic Kingdom College Program) was one of the most popular "semester" internship programs for decades...as Disney recruiters would visit hundreds of colleges finding the right students for their programs...and yes, they normally receive approx 6 hours credit for working at Disney for a semester, attending weekly classes at Disney Univ...and basically partying their A$$E$ off while in FLA.

Many Disney higher-ups today started in that program...and yes, many never left (some stayed, graduated from UCF), and/or came back to Orlando/Disney after they graduated from their school up north.

Others eventually left Disney but still stayed in the Orlando area to work with other corporations too.

Some of my best friends today are the ones I met a long-time ago in that program...and I especially enjoyed the "assets" from Miss St and Univ of Kentucky 03-cloud9

Here's the site for Disney's College Program today:

http://cp.disneycareers.com/en/default/
08-02-2014 05:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.