Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ESPN College Game day Opener is FSU/Oklahoma State
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
ESPN College Game day Opener is FSU/Oklahoma State
From the article:

A little extra fanfare will surround FSU’s season opener against Oklahoma State. ESPN’s College GameDay will advances the game between the Seminoles and the Cowboys on Aug. 30, the network announced.

The neutral-site game will be played in Arlington, Texas, home of the Dallas Cowboys, at 8 p.m. The broadcast, however, will be held in Sundance Square Plaza in downtown Fort Worth, Texas Aug. 29-30.

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#sectio...-80942178/
07-30-2014 08:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Carolina Stang Offline
1st String

I Root For: SMU
RE: ESPN College Game day Opener is FSU/Oklahoma State
meh
07-30-2014 08:31 AM
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
I'm very underwhelmed about them choosing a neutral site game for the broadcast. Yes it is Florida State vs Oklahoma State but who cares? Hell, that broadcast up in North Dakota was probably better than this one is going to be. Oh well.
07-30-2014 08:34 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
The schedule for actual home games that day is very underwhelming. The only even close to good one really is Clemson/Georgia- and they did that game last year.

Also, it's kind of very symbollic 1st Saturday of the new era, and it's the place where the first playoff title game will be held.
07-30-2014 08:43 AM
Advertisement

10thMountain Offline
Heisman

I Root For: A&M, TCU
(07-30-2014 08:43 AM)stever20 Wrote:  The schedule for actual home games that day is very underwhelming. The only even close to good one really is Clemson/Georgia- and they did that game last year.

Also, it's kind of very symbollic 1st Saturday of the new era, and it's the place where the first playoff title game will be held.

This. UGA/CU is the more compelling game but they don't want to repeat.
07-30-2014 08:45 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

it's not even the best neutral site game- that would be Wisconsin/LSU. But I think the fact it's in Dallas was the kicker.
07-30-2014 08:56 AM
All Dukes_All Day Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU, Pitt
Couldn't they have found a better location? At least put it on the stadium grounds or somewhere in the actual town the game is being played in.
07-30-2014 09:01 AM
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(07-30-2014 08:43 AM)stever20 Wrote:  The schedule for actual home games that day is very underwhelming. The only even close to good one really is Clemson/Georgia- and they did that game last year.

BINGO.
07-30-2014 09:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
Also, Fowler and Herbstreit will get to avoid a game day flight that week, because they are calling the FSU game in Arlington on Saturday night.
07-30-2014 09:42 AM
goofus Offline
All American

I Root For: Iowa
(07-30-2014 09:42 AM)Wedge Wrote:  Also, Fowler and Herbstreit will get to avoid a game day flight that week, because they are calling the FSU game in Arlington on Saturday night.

I am sure there was an announcement, but did Musburger retire?
07-30-2014 10:14 AM
Advertisement

stever20 Offline
Legend

(07-30-2014 10:14 AM)goofus Wrote:  
(07-30-2014 09:42 AM)Wedge Wrote:  Also, Fowler and Herbstreit will get to avoid a game day flight that week, because they are calling the FSU game in Arlington on Saturday night.

he's calling games on the SEC Network. Think he'll be at Auburn that Saturday for game with Arkansas.
07-30-2014 10:20 AM
NittanyLion Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: PSU, Cincinnati
(07-30-2014 10:20 AM)stever20 Wrote:  

he's calling games on the SEC Network. Think he'll be at Auburn that Saturday for game with Arkansas.

Musberger (and Jesse Palmer) are definitely doing Texas A&M @ South Carolina on Thursday.

Agree with you that it's likely (90%+) they do 2 games opening weekend, also ending up at Auburn. Would be a nice way to promote the new network.
07-30-2014 06:46 PM
Tallgrass Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Why does ESPN keep screwing up? This is at least the second time I have seen ESPN screw up and screw up badly. For ESPN to telecast a season opener with Oklahoma State makes absolutely no sense. It isn't that ESPN has made so many mistakes, it is that these mistakes are so absurdly and profoundly stupid. The other absurdly and profoundly stupid mistake was ESPN not cancelling the CUSA tv contract when it had a golden opportunity to do so because if its reconfiguration. Only the really, really, really bad teams were left behind and then a whole bunch of crummy teams added, some of them not even IA but IAA. What in the heck is going on with the stupid ESPN! Goodness gracious! If we can see these mistakes on this board, why in the world can't ESPN???
07-30-2014 07:37 PM
Advertisement

NittanyLion Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: PSU, Cincinnati
(07-30-2014 07:37 PM)Tallgrass Wrote:  Why does ESPN keep screwing up? This is at least the second time I have seen ESPN screw up and screw up badly. For ESPN to telecast a season opener with Oklahoma State makes absolutely no sense.

What is "screwing up badly" here?

It's the likely #1 team, the defending national champion with the returning Heisman Trophy winner playing a team that won 10 games last year and will likely be ranked somewhere in the Top 20 in this week's preseason polls.

No, it's not #1 Notre Dame vs. #2 Florida State in a "Game of the Century", but this is hardly out of the ordinary for a GameDay-type game. No, Wisconsin (9-4 last year, with no wins over ANY teams that finished better than 8-5) vs. LSU (10-3 last year but a distant 3rd in their own division) is not a better game.
07-30-2014 07:51 PM
XLance Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina

Musburger is working for the SEC network.
07-30-2014 07:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.