Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

No peanuts for you
bevotex Offline
Chili has no beans

I Root For: Texas Longhorns
No peanuts for you
So I'm 35000 ft in the air on my way from Atlanta to San Francisco, when the typical soccer mom with her pampered snot nosed brat behind me declares her little Johnny is allergic to peanuts. Immediately the head flight attendant comes on the speaker to say that because little Johnny is allergic to peanuts nobody on the plane, (a 767) can have any peanuts. WTF?

Don't get me wrong I could care less about the peanuts, I'm enjoying my bourbon on the rocks just fine. What would happen if I were eating a bag of peanuts in a theatre where little Johnny was?

I fear more of this type of nonsense when I land in 2 hours.
07-29-2014 01:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
RE: No peanuts for you
(07-29-2014 01:05 PM)bevotex Wrote:  So I'm 35000 ft in the air on my way from Atlanta to San Francisco, when the typical soccer mom with her pampered snot nosed brat behind me declares her little Johnny is allergic to peanuts. Immediately the head flight attendant comes on the speaker to say that because little Johnny is allergic to peanuts nobody on the plane, (a 767) can have any peanuts. WTF?

Don't get me wrong I could care less about the peanuts, I'm enjoying my bourbon on the rocks just fine. What would happen if I were eating a bag of peanuts in a theatre where little Johnny was?

Peanut "dust" can kill just as quickly as ingesting a peanut. I vote you open the door and throw him out and then ask for your obligatory peanuts.
07-29-2014 01:08 PM
bevotex Offline
Chili has no beans

(07-29-2014 01:08 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  
(07-29-2014 01:05 PM)bevotex Wrote:  So I'm 35000 ft in the air on my way from Atlanta to San Francisco, when the typical soccer mom with her pampered snot nosed brat behind me declares her little Johnny is allergic to peanuts. Immediately the head flight attendant comes on the speaker to say that because little Johnny is allergic to peanuts nobody on the plane, (a 767) can have any peanuts. WTF?

Peanut "dust" can kill just as quickly as ingesting a peanut. I vote you open the door and throw him out and then ask for your obligatory peanuts.

Good idea one less whinny liberal. But screw the peanuts, order me another bouborn.
07-29-2014 01:11 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
I take my own schit on trips.
07-29-2014 01:12 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte

As a parent of a kid with peanut allergy I would thank that flight attendant. In reality, my kid isn't deathly allergic to peanuts so I wouldn't have said anything to begin with. However, I would have an eagle eye for any peanuts that came out way.

Some kids are deathly allergic to even the smallest amount of peanut dust so I can understand the mom's request and the flight attendant's response.
07-29-2014 01:12 PM
bevotex Offline
Chili has no beans

(07-29-2014 01:12 PM)VA49er Wrote:  

As a parent of a kid with peanut allergy I would thank that flight attendant. In reality, my kid isn't deathly allergic to peanuts so I wouldn't have said anything to begin with. However, I would have an eagle eye for any peanuts that came out way.

Some kids are deathly allergic to even the smallest amount of peanut dust so I can understand the mom's request and the flight attendant's response.

Yeah I could see some peanut dust being distributed through the vents just to take out this kid. Lord have mercy might as well put all humans in those clear bubble rooms.
07-29-2014 01:16 PM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

(07-29-2014 01:16 PM)bevotex Wrote:  

Yeah I could see some peanut dust being distributed through the vents just to take out this kid. Lord have mercy might as well put all humans in those clear bubble rooms.

Most flights I've been on recently do the pretzel thing. Haven't thought of it before but that's probably due to just avoiding the whole peanut situation.
07-29-2014 01:18 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
Your story is lame compared to mine.

I was flying Alaska two weeks ago, on the homeward leg from a one day meeting fest at our offices in Reno Nevada. It was a 45 minute flight that started around 9:00 PM. As we reached cruising altitude, the flight attendant came over the intercom and told us all about our drink selections for the flight. Included for free was a very tasty sounding craft beer selection. I was excited. 2 minutes later, while I am anxiously awaiting the drink cart and my free beer, the flight attendant comes back on the intercom to inform us that the captain, due to expected turbulence, was only allowing the passengers to get a cup of water. THat's it...a cup of water.

I hated that pilot.
07-29-2014 01:20 PM
bevotex Offline
Chili has no beans

(07-29-2014 01:18 PM)VA49er Wrote:  

Most flights I've been on recently do the pretzel thing. Haven't thought of it before but that's probably due to just avoiding the whole peanut situation.

I'm using bourbon
07-29-2014 01:21 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(07-29-2014 01:18 PM)VA49er Wrote:  

Yeah, but it's odd that they haven't completely given up on peanuts.

I'm a bit torn over what the mom did. Frankly, she can drive instead of fly. But how much of an inconvenience for everyone else is it? I'd rather have the protein than empty carbs, but w/ sizes that small it hardly matters.
07-29-2014 01:21 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
I've been curious as to why there are more peanut allergies today than when I was a kid.
07-29-2014 01:24 PM
Advertisement

QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
I thought this post was going to be about a Seinfeld episode.
07-29-2014 01:29 PM
sparkomemphis Offline
member of UofM Atl alumni club.

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

NCAAbbs LUGSkunkworksDonatorsDonators
I want to start a campaign for those of us allergic to BS.
Physical effects: gives me a major headache and depending up on how deep the BS is makes me want to throw up.
07-29-2014 02:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
While I don't think the mother was overzealous in this case, I have personally seen multiple times where overzealous parents cross over to the bizarre when it comes to protecting their precious little snowflake.

The worst one was when my wife, trying to be the nice new boss when she moved to a different company as a department head, decided to host their department's annual July 4th-ish get together. When approached by an employee inquiring if we had any pets she replied that we did, two dogs. When said employee said, and I quote "Well, they'll have to go. Little Sally is allergic to pet dander." My wife said, after she picked her jaw up off the floor at the audacity "I think not. I guess little Sally isn't going to make this party." The employee replied that she and her husband didn't go anywhere without little Sally, to which my wife replied "Well we will miss you at the party."
Evidently this employee felt that was reason enough to file a complaint with HR about discrimination. They were going after my wife hot and heavy up until the point they brought up the fact the complaint was filed in regards to the party. At that point my wife knew exactly who had filed the report and that her admin assistant was present for the exchange and the investigation was quickly dropped, but in typical CYA fashion the corporation from that point on prohibited "organized departmental functions" outside of work.
07-29-2014 02:05 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom

She needed to let that be known WELL in advance to boarding. That way no one knows who's snot nosed precious it is. Say it when booking the flight. Call ahead and confirm. Tell whomever when boarding passes are issued. Don't roll on there and declare after everyone's already on the flight. What if the kid behind them was plowing through a bag of nutter butter already?
07-29-2014 02:06 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
(07-29-2014 01:24 PM)gdunn Wrote:  I've been curious as to why there are more peanut allergies today than when I was a kid.
I wonder too.
When I was growing up, we spent every waking minute outside, exposed to every possible type of dirty containment. Todays kids are raised in a mostly sterile environment. Just guessing...
07-29-2014 02:07 PM
Advertisement

Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog

right... cause not wanting a kid allergic to peanut dust in a sealed aluminum can with recirculated air is *just* like saying you can never have peanuts anywhere....
07-29-2014 02:07 PM
bullitt_60 Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
(07-29-2014 01:18 PM)VA49er Wrote:  Most flights I've been on recently do the pretzel thing. Haven't thought of it before but that's probably due to just avoiding the whole peanut situation.

It is. Of course this does create a problem for those with gluten issues.

(07-29-2014 01:24 PM)gdunn Wrote:  I've been curious as to why there are more peanut allergies today than when I was a kid.

I don't know, but I'm sure it is something 'we' are doing. I'm 35 now but when I was a kid, especially in Georgia, if you didn't eat peanuts there were days you just wouldn't eat.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2014 02:18 PM by bullitt_60.)
07-29-2014 02:18 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I don't think anyone knows for sure. However, most theories involve an overactive immune system. Sounds weird, but we've eliminated so many immune system threats that the immune system is looking for something to do. Evidently it's decided to attack food based allergens.
07-29-2014 02:24 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(07-29-2014 02:06 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  

She needed to let that be known WELL in advance to boarding. That way no one knows who's snot nosed precious it is. Say it when booking the flight. Call ahead and confirm. Tell whomever when boarding passes are issued. Don't roll on there and declare after everyone's already on the flight. What if the kid behind them was plowing through a bag of nutter butter already?

So you want to punish mom for not having foresight by putting her kid in jeopardy?
07-29-2014 02:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.