Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Penn State hires the AD Cal just kicked to the curb
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
Penn State hires the AD Cal just kicked to the curb
Sandy Barbour left Cal in a huge mess.

Penn State fans can't be happy with this development.
07-28-2014 05:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BearcatJerry Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
RE: Penn State hires the AD Cal just kicked to the curb
In my experience, Penn State fans can rationalize almost anything to their own advantage... So I wouldn't worry about them being "not happy," because I'd bet that not only will they be "happy," before the day is out they will have figured out how they, in fact, have hired the best AD in the nation.
07-28-2014 06:23 AM
The Cutter of Bish Offline
Heisman

I Root For: the little guy
(07-28-2014 06:23 AM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  In my experience, Penn State fans can rationalize almost anything to their own advantage... So I wouldn't worry about them being "not happy," because I'd bet that not only will they be "happy," before the day is out they will have figured out how they, in fact, have hired the best AD in the nation.

They didn't get Stanford's AD. They didn't get Northwestern's, either. Word was they reeeeally wanted NW's guy.

They aren't happy about this one. Like, "rainbow brigade" unhappy and that bigoted nonsense.
07-28-2014 09:59 AM
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
(07-28-2014 09:59 AM)The Cutter of Bish Wrote:  
(07-28-2014 06:23 AM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  In my experience, Penn State fans can rationalize almost anything to their own advantage... So I wouldn't worry about them being "not happy," because I'd bet that not only will they be "happy," before the day is out they will have figured out how they, in fact, have hired the best AD in the nation.

They didn't get Stanford's AD. They didn't get Northwestern's, either. Word was they reeeeally wanted NW's guy.

They aren't happy about this one. Like, "rainbow brigade" unhappy and that bigoted nonsense.

He has 5 young kids and most of his extended family in the Chicagoland area which is where he grew up. Until his kids are grown he will be either at NU or ND.
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2014 10:09 AM by HuskieJohn.)
07-28-2014 10:04 AM
Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Common Sense

Ding! Ding! Ding!
07-28-2014 10:44 AM
Advertisement

Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
The stadium financing is solid now. But it took a university VP and his team coming in after the fact to fix it. And (IMO) the FB coaching hire was a cluster - - - -, so much so that the recent BB coaching hire was taken out of Barbour's hands. Her hires in other sports were very good, though that doesn't even out the other issues given the importance of FB and $.
07-28-2014 11:10 AM
The Cutter of Bish Offline
Heisman

I Root For: the little guy
(07-28-2014 10:04 AM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  He has 5 young kids and most of his extended family in the Chicagoland area which is where he grew up. Until his kids are grown he will be either at NU or ND.

Seriously, if I had his job and that family, I'd fail my children if I left Northwestern for Penn State. Assuming he stays there a long time, those kids have golden tickets.

I don't know why PSU folks thought they had a real shot with the guy.
07-28-2014 11:22 AM
Advertisement

Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(07-28-2014 11:22 AM)The Cutter of Bish Wrote:  
(07-28-2014 10:04 AM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  He has 5 young kids and most of his extended family in the Chicagoland area which is where he grew up. Until his kids are grown he will be either at NU or ND.

Seriously, if I had his job and that family, I'd fail my children if I left Northwestern for Penn State. Assuming he stays there a long time, those kids have golden tickets.

I don't know why PSU folks thought they had a real shot with the guy.

Good point.

Plus I hear that one benefit of working at Northwestern's policy is that they cover college tuition at any college in the country for the kids of employees (at least, up to 90% of Northwestern's tuition, which isn't much of a limit given the cost at NW). Not that this guy's kids will worry about college debt, but that's a heckuva perk.
07-28-2014 12:05 PM
pablowow Offline
1st String

I Root For: TULANE/AAC
sandy is a class act and an excellent leader. Penn State is lucky to have her.
07-28-2014 12:31 PM
Advertisement

chess Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska
(07-28-2014 09:59 AM)The Cutter of Bish Wrote:  

Northwesterns AD, Phillips, is a good AD. He helped build NIU, too.
07-28-2014 12:36 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators
I haven't really seen a peep from the school out west crowd on the hire. On paper it could be worse, only time will tell. Barbour is an East Coaster though.
07-28-2014 09:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.