Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Favorite Huskie player
Bookmark and Share
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Favorite Huskie player
Since the season hasn't started yet and news is still sparse, figured I'd ask who people's favorite all-time NIU player is.

For me, it's still Garrett Wolfe. Lynch, Harnish, Turner and Leshon (funny he's a "first name" guy) are a close second. FYI - I started watching in 1985. Other guys I remember are Adam Dach, Ron Delisi, and Hollis Thomas.
07-26-2014 10:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

niuguy Offline
The first in, last out!

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: Favorite Huskie player
I don't think I have a favorite but I'm a fan of the underdog so..... Danny Sheldon! That guy was fun to watch.
07-26-2014 10:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
This one is easy, Nick Duffy. Great player and class act.
07-26-2014 11:34 PM
niu_1087 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tuck Foledo
Favorite Huskie player
Harnish. Loved his game, and the way he came back from that knee injury (without surgery) to be better than ever was incredible. Also, I'm convinced that lynch wouldn't have turned out like he did had he not watched chandler play for 2 years.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
07-27-2014 12:27 AM
4PhaseDelta Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
Ima go Ward, Wolfe, Harnish, then Lynch

Ward cause we both came to NIU the same year (2010) and I always knew he'd end up a playmaker even early on (sadly I'm still a student... but I get to live the dream a couple more semesters haha)

Wolfe cause he's the 1st NIU player that actually made me notice NIU football, i know Turner was there before him but I wasn't really into college sports yet. I remember reading newspapers and seeing NIU scores and Wolfe's name everywhere, then of course the Bears drafted him.

Harnish cause I think he was the cog in the machine that finally got NIU to where we are today. I don't know much about the teams we had back then (Turner and Wolfe era) but I think if Harnish was QB NIU wouldn't have to had been so run heavy/dependent and could've possibly replicated what Vick did at VT with a duel-threat QB (it was also my freshman year when we made it to the MACC but lost, then followed up by our return lead by Harnish to win it all)

Lastly, Lynch... He should be higher up on this list for all the things that he's done for us but I think it's a solid spot when you look at a lot of guys I left off this list. I remember when Harnish got drafted and all you saw on this board and heard in DeKalb is who the hell is gona be the QB and can he continue our current success. He surely did and got himself 3rd in Heisman voting (which he could've maybe won or got 2nd if we didn't finish the season the way we did). Lynch lead this team under a lot of scrutiny about him in the beginning and now he's on the hometown Bears still trying to prove people wrong.
07-27-2014 08:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BobL Offline
Heisman

Im gonna say Justin McCariens. He, Ryan Diem and that recruiting class were the start of everything NIU is today.
I also sat next to his parents for 4 years and got to know them well.
07-27-2014 09:11 AM
Advertisement

RedandBlackAttack Offline
1st String

Harnish for sure! Man he was awesome to watch because he could throw a beautiful pass but ran the zone read like no other. Having Chad Spann doesn't hurt either though.

In my opinion, without Harnish's success we don't get the pleasure of watching Jordan the past couple years.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
07-27-2014 09:22 AM
jjprender Offline
Special Teams

(07-26-2014 11:34 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  This one is easy, Nick Duffy. Great player and class act.

Not my favorite MD..however, HIS injury in 2003 was why we lost at BG and Toledo IMHO... the defense just wasn't the same after he went out..
07-27-2014 10:21 AM
scottiep12 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Wolfe, Harnish, Turner, Leshon, J Mac, Tyrell, Bork, Robinson...maybe Ward and English to not be offensive biased...all deserve to be in the photo.

Ya'all entitled to your thoughts But IMO anyone who doesn't answer Lynch is just trying to be cute/different. He's quite possibly the best all-around football player in MAC history. Capable of six every time he touched the ball and in multiple ways....beat the crap out of people in the process!
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2014 11:17 AM by scottiep12.)
07-27-2014 11:14 AM
Huskie359 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU & SOX
Lynch - never thought anyone could surpass Wolfe, but a New Year's trip to Miami FL changed that.

Wolfe - he and Lynch were must see TV everytime they touched the ball, I still remember attending his coming out Party against BG and saying to my wife - who the hell is that little guy.

Coffman, special player and awesome story, what a fun player to watch

Turner, really the key part in ushering in the new era of Huskie Football. Guy was a beast and a pleasure to watch.

English, Eats people...
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2014 11:31 AM by Huskie359.)
07-27-2014 11:30 AM
The Frisky Biscuit Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Death
It's gotta be Lynch. That dude ran like he had a cowcatcher in front of him. So satisfying to watch.
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2014 11:55 AM by The Frisky Biscuit.)
07-27-2014 11:54 AM
Advertisement

7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

It's hard to go against Lynch. Not even for his stats and accomplishments, but just because of how tough he is.
07-27-2014 11:56 AM
jjprender Offline
Special Teams

(07-27-2014 11:30 AM)Huskie359 Wrote:  Lynch - never thought anyone could surpass Wolfe, but a New Year's trip to Miami FL changed that.

Wolfe - he and Lynch were must see TV everytime they touched the ball, I still remember attending his coming out Party against BG and saying to my wife - who the hell is that little guy.

Turner, really the key part in ushering in the new era of Huskie Football. Guy was a beast and a pleasure to watch.

English, Eats people...

+1... was checking the game on my mobile why I was heading downstate to see some friends.. and as the stats piled up, I was like "who isssssssssss thisssssssssss" lol
07-27-2014 12:15 PM
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

Lynch and Rugai
07-27-2014 12:52 PM
huskiebob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
Two favorites: Wolfe and Harnish.
07-27-2014 01:27 PM
HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Huskies
Can't leave out Stacey Robinson for his game against ranked Fresno State.

Quote:#1: NIU 73, Fresno State 18 (October 6, 1990)
- The ultimate Fantasy Island Huskie triumph with (1) the most points scored vs. Associated Press Top 25 team, (2) the school-record 806 yards total offense, and (3) QB Stacey Robinson's NCAA record 308 yards and five touchdowns rushing. "I thought I was in Norman, OK," groaned FSU coach Jim Sweeney.

Quote:"The Wiz"-short for "Wishbone Wizard II"-made (1) ESPN, (2) Football News, (3) Sports Illustrated, and (4) Chicago Tribune National Player of the Week. This Wishbone clinic was the No. 2 college football story that night on ESPN's "SportsCenter." Robinson (308 yards on 22 carries) scored five first-half TDs (39, 9, 41, 67, and 11 yards) without being touched vs. a Top 25 opponent. His halftime rushing total (287 yards) still ranks as the most by any QB in the history of the game (TCU RB LaDainian Tomlinson tied the record versus UTEP in 1999). "That was an All-America performance," said Northern Illinois coach Jerry Pettibone. "Unbelievable. I saw Mike Rozier and Roger Craig at Nebraska and Billy Sims at Oklahoma. I've seen a lot of great individual games. I thought that was the best." In the interest of gridiron diplomacy, Pettibone pulled "The Wiz" early in the third quarter. Otherwise, the Huskie Stadium stats crew would be still counting yardage.
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2014 01:40 PM by HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN.)
07-27-2014 01:30 PM
Advertisement

bigdhuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For: niu, bears
(07-27-2014 11:30 AM)Huskie359 Wrote:  Lynch - never thought anyone could surpass Wolfe, but a New Year's trip to Miami FL changed that.

English, Eats people...

you stole my thunder.....these players made things happen
07-27-2014 02:06 PM
2015 Offline
1st String

Offense: Lynch barely edging out Wolfe, Harnish, Britt Davis, Doug Free, NaPalm, Turner, and Chad Spann.

Defense: English, Jimmie F'n Ward, Ray Smith.
07-27-2014 03:30 PM
jjprender Offline
Special Teams

(07-27-2014 03:30 PM)2015 Wrote:  Offense: Lynch barely edging out Wolfe, Harnish, Britt Davis, Doug Free, NaPalm, Turner, and Chad Spann.

I know this is just spit balling.....but Britt Davis? Really?
07-27-2014 04:07 PM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

(07-27-2014 04:07 PM)jjprender Wrote:  
(07-27-2014 03:30 PM)2015 Wrote:  Offense: Lynch barely edging out Wolfe, Harnish, Britt Davis, Doug Free, NaPalm, Turner, and Chad Spann.

I know this is just spit balling.....but Britt Davis? Really?

+1 03-lmfao

One of these things is not like the others...One of these things just doesn't belong.....
07-27-2014 04:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.