Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Miller resigns
Bookmark and Share
hwut1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Toledo
Miller resigns
Rumor has it, that Miller resigned from his coaching position at Indiana due to family and health issues.
07-25-2014 09:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

letsgoblue Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo
RE: Miller resigns
Yep, it's official. Just saw it on IU's athletic website.
07-25-2014 09:30 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
According to the story I read he's making $275,000 a year? Seems like that's more like MAC money.
07-26-2014 06:05 AM
Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets
Dudes gone............
07-26-2014 06:41 AM
Advertisement

SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOLEDO ROCKETS
07-26-2014 09:31 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Hmmmmm......
07-26-2014 10:59 PM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I find it strange that a school would say THIS when a coach resigns on his own volition: As the Department begins a formal search for a new head coach, Indiana University will have no further comment on this matter.
07-27-2014 10:12 AM
Advertisement

MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
(07-27-2014 10:12 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  I find it strange that a school would say THIS when a coach resigns on his own volition: As the Department begins a formal search for a new head coach, Indiana University will have no further comment on this matter.

Well, since part of it is due to health reasons, they can't comment on that. And then, basically all schools don't talk about what's going on with their coaching search. Nothing really out of the norm with this.
07-27-2014 11:08 AM
utrocks84 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Interesting no one is worried about Coach Cullop and if she has any interest. After all, this is a Big Ten job in her home state.
07-28-2014 09:31 AM
BusDriver Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(07-28-2014 09:31 AM)utrocks84 Wrote:  Interesting no one is worried about Coach Cullop and if she has any interest. After all, this is a Big Ten job in her home state.

Cullop isn't leaving. To take the next step, she will need to build the resume with a few more accomplishments(NCAA Tournament berths). She is a good coach. Until the big wins are consistent, I think she sits tight here in Toledo.
07-28-2014 11:13 AM
Advertisement

DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(07-28-2014 09:31 AM)utrocks84 Wrote:  Interesting no one is worried about Coach Cullop and if she has any interest. After all, this is a Big Ten job in her home state.

As much as I like Cullop, the team was 16-16 last season and she has never been to the NCAA's. Doubt Indiana is interested.
07-28-2014 11:17 AM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
(07-28-2014 11:17 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  

As much as I like Cullop, the team was 16-16 last season and she has never been to the NCAA's. Doubt Indiana is interested.

Agree----although Cullop more or less owned Miller in the MAC regular season, he had significantly more NCAA appearances than her.
07-28-2014 03:28 PM
utrocks84 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
then maybe we need a new coach if this years addition is mediocre again.
07-28-2014 07:04 PM
Advertisement

owen Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ham sandwich
(07-28-2014 07:04 PM)utrocks84 Wrote:  then maybe we need a new coach if this years addition is mediocre again.

04-rock
07-30-2014 10:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
(07-28-2014 07:04 PM)utrocks84 Wrote:  then maybe we need a new coach if this years addition is mediocre again.

I think that you are getting way ahead of yourself on this one. Cullop has had a remarkable run up until last year. Beyond just wins and losses her work, both on and particularly off the court, has endeared her to both the community and fans and she personally has a large group of devoted fans and followers. I think that you underestimate the depth of loyalty and support that Coach Cullop has earned.

I remember quite well that during the 2012 season a few us raised some concern for the future because of the lack of contributions from the freshman class and were roundly set upon by a hoard of posters whose view was essentially that Coach Cullop is God and they couldn't understand why we were such negative and ungrateful fans to ever consider such a possbility. They were fully convinced that the coaching staff would wave their "player development" magic wand and all would be fine. I mention this to remind you of the depth of support that Coach Cullop enjoys and it takes a lot more than one .500 season to erase that.

I think that this season will be pretty much a replay of last season and I am looking forward to see a number of new faces on the court once again. I actually enjoyed last season because from the outset there was never any realistic chance of winning the MAC Tournament so there was no major disappointment at the end of the season in falling short once again and it was interesting just to watch the young players progress. However, I do hope that at least one of those freshmen this year will have a breakout All MAC Freshman Team type year that we not have seen in a long while because I do believe that the future does depend on it.

Clearly Cullop is paying the price for the 2012 class, but she has earned enough capital to be secure for several years regardless of the results so it is way too premature to be even be thinking about writing her off as a coach. She certainly gets a pass for next year and probably even the year after.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2014 11:04 PM by T-Town.)
07-31-2014 08:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.