Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Foxy white liberal at ESPN attacks black role model?
ODU BLUE Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
Question Foxy white liberal at ESPN attacks black role model?
Quote:The politically correct or "progressive" crowd found a new target this week. When asked about "out and proud" football player Michael Sam, former NFL coach Tony Dungy said he would not have drafted Sam had he still been coaching. Said Dungy: "I wouldn't have [drafted] him. Not because I don't believe Michael Sam should have a chance to play, but I wouldn’t want to deal with all of it. It's not going to be totally smooth...things will happen."

For this comment, ESPN commentator Keith Olbermann named Dungy the "Worst Person in the World" on Monday night.

This is where the "progressive" movement is. If you hold a view that is not in agreement with theirs, you are to be demonized by them, the progressives, who, ironically, don't believe in demons. Why do they do this? Because they, the progressives, consider themselves morally superior to those of us who hold traditional values even though, again, ironically, progressives don’t believe in moral values unless they define them. They moralize against those who promote morality.

The progressive movement is out to destroy our country as it has existed. It is against patriotism. It is against religion in general and is in particular hostile to evangelical Christianity and traditional Catholicism. It is against borders. It is against capitalism. It is for high taxation and government control and regulation of almost everything. It wants people depending on government so they can be controlled. It believes government debt is good. It is against our Constitutional Bill of Rights, in particular the First and Second Amendments. It is for abortion on demand even through nine months of pregnancy. It wants to downgrade the American military. It rejects the idea that Western Civilization is superior to other civilizations. And it most certainly is for promoting the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender movement and punishing people who dare speak against it.

Basically, what I have just described is the platform of the modern day Democrat Party and the philosophy/agenda of much of the New York/Washington, D.C., liberal media, Hollywood and most university campuses. When Barrack Obama said he wanted to "fundamentally transform" America, what he was saying to his fellow hardcore progressives was: "I've got the wrecking-ball ready."

Sexually, God made man for woman and woman for man. It's obvious. It's natural. Progressives can't stand this. So they are always trying to equate homosexuality with heterosexuality or elevate homosexuality over heterosexuality. When someone like Dungy makes a comment that can in any way been seen as challenging this narrative then that person must be immediately discredited or publicly shamed no matter the truth of what he is saying.

By the way, having been a sports reporter for a few years I've been in many football locker rooms where the players walk around naked or half-naked, changing clothes and going in and out of the showers. Putting a man like Sam, who says he is sexually attracted to men, in with all that beefcake seems unfair to the straight players and a distraction to Sam.

Would you put a heterosexual man in the locker room/showers with all the female cheerleaders? Would you tell the girl cheerleaders who objected to this man being in the locker room that they needed to end their bigoted and sexist attitude and treat the man with respect?

Tony Dungy will probably survive being the "worst person in the world." But the fact that he is in the crosshairs of the PC Gestapo over this comment is chilling to free speech and free thinking.

It's ironic that the people who now scream the loudest about tolerance have become the least tolerant among us.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2014 08:57 PM by ODU BLUE.)
07-25-2014 08:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

I Root For: ECU
RE: Foxy white liberal at ESPN attacks black role model?
We should send that douche over to Iraq, North Korea, the Detroit projects, eastern Europe, Mexico, etc.. and let him re-evaluate his thoughts on "the worst person in the world."
07-25-2014 09:05 PM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
Olberman got his ass fired at the two most Liberal broadcast channels in history. He is 1000% d#uchebag. Dungy has more character in the dirt in his fingernails than that clown.
07-25-2014 09:15 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Does anyone know what Olbermann said about the 3 lesbos who beat the snot out of a gay guy?
07-25-2014 09:25 PM
Poorwill Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Obviously, Olbermann is a racist.
07-25-2014 09:31 PM
South Carolina Duke Offline
Banned

I Root For: James Madison
I'm not a Dungy fan really. I think that he is a good man at heart, but can lean certain ways if the price is right; like he did with Michael Vick.

I am surprised at his comment regarding Sam. I agree and applaud his statements.

As for Keith Olberman, what a complete nut-job. Twenty some yeRs ago on ESPN, he and Dan Patrick ruled the sports world on Sports Center.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
07-25-2014 09:41 PM
Advertisement

ODU BLUE Offline
1st String

(07-25-2014 09:41 PM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  I'm not a Dungy fan really. I think that he is a good man at heart, but can lean certain ways if the price is right; like he did with Michael Vick.

Dungy is a Christian. He and Vick formed a friendship while Vick was in prison. Dungy led Vick to Christ. They are best friends now and Vick is a much happier man than ever.

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2014 12:35 PM by ODU BLUE.)
07-26-2014 12:31 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Dungy is right. Sam was drafted in the 7th round. He is too small to play DE in the NFL. Drafting him isn't worth
ruining the locker room. If NFL players don't want an openly gay guy then you gotta take of care those guys first.
Remember, Sam was a 7th round pick people. Olberman sucks.
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2014 12:47 PM by SuperFlyBCat.)
07-26-2014 12:47 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
When we get to that point where being non-PC is celebrated then we're headed to a normal nation. That PC bull crap is ruining this nation. People can't say anything without the nut-jobs chastising them. Where's our freedom of speech? Ohhhhh, but the progressives can say anything and they get celebrated by the nut jobs. We need to celebrate Freedom Of Speech and not give in to them.

In a nutshell we need to defend ourselves at whatever costs.
07-26-2014 01:48 PM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
If NFL players don't want an openly gay guy then you gotta take of care those guys first.

I'm sure Jackie Robinson was met with open arms back in the day too.
07-26-2014 03:24 PM
Machiavelli Offline

Change happens boys.....

and this one is moving faster than a speeding bullet. Homosexuals are looked at the same way blacks were looked at years ago. Times change.

Tony is a good man but he's wrong about this. I'm disappointed in him.
07-26-2014 03:28 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(07-26-2014 03:28 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Change happens boys.....

and this one is moving faster than a speeding bullet. Homosexuals are looked at the same way blacks were looked at years ago. Times change.

Tony is a good man but he's wrong about this. I'm disappointed in him.

In his mind it's not about being PC and giving a gay man a job, it's about winning a Super Bowl. If Sam doesn't contribute to that then he gets cut like anyone else.
07-26-2014 03:29 PM
Machiavelli Offline

OK,

You do realize the same arguments were made about integration. Then black qb's. The nation is moving on. The bigots are being left behind.
07-26-2014 03:31 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
Keith is a dickbag.
07-26-2014 03:43 PM
South Carolina Duke Offline
Banned

I Root For: James Madison
(07-26-2014 12:31 PM)ODU BLUE Wrote:  
(07-25-2014 09:41 PM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  I'm not a Dungy fan really. I think that he is a good man at heart, but can lean certain ways if the price is right; like he did with Michael Vick.

Dungy is a Christian. He and Vick formed a friendship while Vick was in prison. Dungy led Vick to Christ. They are best friends now and Vick is a much happier man than ever.

Has The punk thug "Ron Mexico" aka Michael Vick paid back all of creditors? I doubt it very much.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
07-26-2014 04:57 PM
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
(07-26-2014 12:47 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Dungy is right. Sam was drafted in the 7th round. He is too small to play DE in the NFL. Drafting him isn't worth
ruining the locker room. If NFL players don't want an openly gay guy then you gotta take of care those guys first.
I think if Dungy had said "there were better players available" or "we didn't need to draft anyone at his position" then there would have been little to no controversy. The cruel irony is that what he said was ultimately proven right, because someone felt the need to ask Tony Dungy about Michael Sam and not Terrence Fede (another 7th round pick who is a defensive end, from Marist College).
07-26-2014 11:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(07-26-2014 11:24 PM)chargeradio Wrote:  
(07-26-2014 12:47 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Dungy is right. Sam was drafted in the 7th round. He is too small to play DE in the NFL. Drafting him isn't worth
I think if Dungy had said "there were better players available" or "we didn't need to draft anyone at his position" then there would have been little to no controversy. The cruel irony is that what he said was ultimately proven right, because someone felt the need to ask Tony Dungy about Michael Sam and not Terrence Fede (another 7th round pick who is a defensive end, from Marist College).

The person who asked the question pretty much didn't give any room to Dungy with the PC crowd, did he? Dungy either reinforces the gay agenda or he's the worst person in the world. Yep, he's worse than Osama bin Laden, OJ Simpson, and the Koch Brothers.
07-26-2014 11:36 PM
ODU BLUE Offline
1st String

(07-25-2014 08:53 PM)ODU BLUE Wrote:  By the way, having been a sports reporter for a few years I've been in many football locker rooms where the players walk around naked or half-naked, changing clothes and going in and out of the showers. Putting a man like Sam, who says he is sexually attracted to men, in with all that beefcake seems unfair to the straight players and a distraction to Sam.

Would you put a heterosexual man in the locker room/showers with all the female cheerleaders? Would you tell the girl cheerleaders who objected to this man being in the locker room that they needed to end their bigoted and sexist attitude and treat the man with respect?

Put me naked in a shower room full half naked cheerleaders and I'll be the one with the big boner. Best of luck to Sam?

05-stirthepot
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2014 06:28 AM by ODU BLUE.)
07-27-2014 06:28 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(07-26-2014 03:31 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  OK,

You do realize the same arguments were made about integration. Then black qb's. The nation is moving on. The bigots are being left behind.

Except there's nothing bigoted in what he said. A minor detail I know but there it is.
07-27-2014 07:00 AM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
The ironic thing abut all the uproar over his comments just reinforce Dungy's point.

When he was a head football coach he took every effort to minimize the number of distractions, and the fact that Sam's sexual orientation is a huge distraction.....primarily from the media coverage...was where is comment was directed.

Here is the original quote in it's entirety
http://tbo.com/sports/bucs/nfl-holding-p...-20140720/

Quote:“I wouldn’t have taken him,’’ said former Bucs and Colts coach Tony Dungy, now an analyst for NBC. “Not because I don’t believe Michael Sam should have a chance to play, but I wouldn’t want to deal with all of it.

“It’s not going to be totally smooth … things will happen.’’

How anybody realistic can call this a homophobic stance is beyond me.

Here is Dungy's statement issued after the PC Police went bananas over a tiny blurb printed without context

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-comments/

Quote:I was asked whether I would have drafted Michael Sam and I answered that I would not have drafted him. I gave my honest answer, which is that I felt drafting him would bring much distraction to the team. At the time of my interview, the Oprah Winfrey reality show that was going to chronicle Michael’s first season had been announced.

Quote:I was not asked whether or not Michael Sam deserves an opportunity to play in the NFL. He absolutely does.

I was not asked whether his sexual orientation should play a part in the evaluation process. It should not.

I was not asked whether I would have a problem having Michael Sam on my team. I would not.

I have been asked all of those questions several times in the last three months and have always answered them the same way—by saying that playing in the NFL is, and should be, about merit.

The best players make the team, and everyone should get the opportunity to prove whether they’re good enough to play. That’s my opinion as a coach. But those were not the questions I was asked.

What I was asked about was my philosophy of drafting, a philosophy that was developed over the years, which was to minimize distractions for my teams.

I do not believe Michael’s sexual orientation will be a distraction to his teammates or his organization.

I do, however, believe that the media attention that comes with it will be a distraction. Unfortunately we are all seeing this play out now, and I feel badly that my remarks played a role in the distraction.

Makes perfect sense to anyone with half a brain and thinking logically, however as time after time has shown the PC Police isn't known for either.
07-27-2014 07:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.