Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Architect of Obamcare Has Killed Obamcare
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Architect of Obamcare Has Killed Obamcare
Chief architect of Obamcare, Gruber, explains in the video in 2012 that if your state did not set up an exchange, you will not be entitled to subsidies. There's yourr original intent, and thats why the law is dead. Thanks Gruber, for being a dumb***!!

http://cei.org/blog/obamacare-architect-...-subsidies
07-25-2014 10:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
RE: Architect of Obamcare Has Killed Obamcare
But that's not the intent of what was written. You have to ask those who's been pushing it what it should've said and that's what the intent was.
07-25-2014 10:32 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
Its a trap.....for the GOP.

I don't think anything changes. But hey, lets see what the response is when every single rural hospital closes in Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma, etc.
07-25-2014 11:01 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
(07-25-2014 11:01 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Its a trap.....for the GOP.

I don't think anything changes. But hey, lets see what the response is when every single rural hospital closes in Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma, etc.

Zero;s ZeroCare would be responsible not the GOP who has voted each and every time against it, because it harms people.
07-25-2014 11:03 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

Again, no exchange, no increased medicare/medicaid payments to cover the impact of no Obamacare on rural hospitals. All would close in very short order. The GOP governors in the states without exchanges have walked into a trap. And then there's every single person with Diabetes, who will have to figure out how to Insurance with no Obamacare.

My guess is that the GOP will attempt to 'pretend' that they've killed Obamacare and really implement the same thing. I don't think Obama is going to let them off the hook though.

Remember, much of the funding for hospitals and health care programs from the feds now comes through exchanges. No exchange....no funding.
07-25-2014 11:15 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Wait. So, there weren't rural hospitals before Obamacare?
07-25-2014 11:16 AM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
If the law wasn't written, this wouldn't be an issue.

Poor Tom can't see the forest for the trees.
07-25-2014 11:17 AM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
(07-25-2014 11:15 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Again, no exchange, no increased medicare/medicaid payments to cover the impact of no Obamacare on rural hospitals. All would close in very short order. The GOP governors in the states without exchanges have walked into a trap. And then there's every single person with Diabetes, who will have to figure out how to Insurance with no Obamacare.

My guess is that the GOP will attempt to 'pretend' that they've killed Obamacare and really implement the same thing. I don't think Obama is going to let them off the hook though.

Remember, much of the funding for hospitals and health care programs from the feds now comes through exchanges. No exchange....no funding.

and guess who will take the political hit for that....
07-25-2014 11:19 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(07-25-2014 10:32 AM)gdunn Wrote:  But that's not the intent of what was written. You have to ask those who's been pushing it what it should've said and that's what the intent was.

Yes, it is the intent that was written. It's as clear as day but what Obama and AFA backers did not count on was that so many states would tell them to take their subsidies and shove it...

Now that a lot of states have done just that they are trying to reinvent what they said.

This is no "typo" .... hTis is a typo..
07-25-2014 12:05 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(07-25-2014 11:19 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  
(07-25-2014 11:15 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Again, no exchange, no increased medicare/medicaid payments to cover the impact of no Obamacare on rural hospitals. All would close in very short order. The GOP governors in the states without exchanges have walked into a trap. And then there's every single person with Diabetes, who will have to figure out how to Insurance with no Obamacare.

and guess who will take the political hit for that....

This... I see wall to wall commercials with "you have to pass the bill to know what's in the bill"...
07-25-2014 12:08 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(07-25-2014 11:16 AM)Smaug Wrote:  Wait. So, there weren't rural hospitals before Obamacare?

This. *scratches head*

There wasn't medicare and medicaid before zerOcare?
07-25-2014 12:09 PM
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-25-2014 12:09 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  
(07-25-2014 11:16 AM)Smaug Wrote:  Wait. So, there weren't rural hospitals before Obamacare?

This. *scratches head*

Its how funding is done now. The funding now assumes that hospitals will have lower levels of uninsured because of Obamacare.

Now, if Georgia or Texas wants to provide poor/middle class persons with AFFORDABLE healthcare that wouldn't be a problem. But as we all know, there won't be anything affordable from the GOP. And the Feds aren't going to bail the rural hospitals out while there is a solution that exists. There's already a solution...Obamacare.

Again, where is the GOP plan? Its just give all your assets to some non-doctor medical company CEO or hedge fund manager or die.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2014 12:41 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
07-25-2014 12:39 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
So, there was funding for rural hospitals before Obamacare, and there won't be if it crashes, and this is somehow Republicans' fault?
07-25-2014 01:10 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-25-2014 01:10 PM)Smaug Wrote:  So, there was funding for rural hospitals before Obamacare, and there won't be if it crashes, and this is somehow Republicans' fault?

The funding is now through Obamacare. Georgia and Texas can stop the hospitals closing by joining the exchanges and Obamacare. Greenville, Demopolis, and many other places in Alabama will lose their hospitals over this if Alabama tries to stay out of Obamacare.

There will be no additional funding. The Dems will say "join Obamacare - that's our solution". The GOP will say "No to Obamacare (affordable healthcare)".

By the way, rural hospitals are closing at a huge rate. What the attached article doesn't state is that these closings are almost exclusively in states where the GOP governments have refused to expand medicare as part of ACA (even though the Feds would pick up most of the tab). http://blog.ruralhealthweb.org/2014/05/r...ming-rate/ In other words, the Feds are already letting these hospitals fail.

Here's a better article on the issue http://www.newser.com/story/190842/rural...itals.html
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2014 01:34 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
07-25-2014 01:24 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
So basically Obamacare was a damned if you do and damned if you don't.. Real smart. Enforce this by any means necessary. I bet your butts are just puckering thinking of the chaotic mess this could cause because Obama thought this was a super idea..

Unless it gets repealed by the Supreme Court then it doesn't matter.
07-25-2014 01:26 PM
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
(07-25-2014 01:24 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(07-25-2014 01:10 PM)Smaug Wrote:  So, there was funding for rural hospitals before Obamacare, and there won't be if it crashes, and this is somehow Republicans' fault?

The funding is now through Obamacare. Georgia and Texas can stop the hospitals closing by joining the exchanges and Obamacare. Greenville, Demopolis, and many other places in Alabama will lose their hospitals over this if Alabama tries to stay out of Obamacare.

Unless, of course, they go back to the pre-Obamacare funding model.
07-25-2014 01:27 PM
Advertisement

SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
(07-25-2014 01:27 PM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  
(07-25-2014 01:24 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

Unless, of course, they go back to the pre-Obamacare funding model.

Perish the thought of those 40 million uninsured, Oh, wait there is more uninsured under ZeroCare.
07-25-2014 01:28 PM
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
(07-25-2014 10:32 AM)gdunn Wrote:  But that's not the intent of what was written. You have to ask those who's been pushing it what it should've said and that's what the intent was.

Which is exactly how the Supreme Court will rule. The 4 liberals will rule that it isn't what is written but what was intended. The 4 conservatives and Kennedy, will rule that the law says what it says.

This is the basic dichotomy within the liberal/conservative breakdown of the court.
07-25-2014 01:29 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(07-25-2014 12:39 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(07-25-2014 12:09 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  

This. *scratches head*

Its how funding is done now. The funding now assumes that hospitals will have lower levels of uninsured because of Obamacare.

Now, if Georgia or Texas wants to provide poor/middle class persons with AFFORDABLE healthcare that wouldn't be a problem. But as we all know, there won't be anything affordable from the GOP. And the Feds aren't going to bail the rural hospitals out while there is a solution that exists. There's already a solution...Obamacare.

Again, where is the GOP plan? Its just give all your assets to some non-doctor medical company CEO or hedge fund manager or die.

what is this claptrap hedge fund garbage or medical Co CEO crap, you now find necessary to include in every post?

Is this the new "clevah" mantra some leftist du'er, or auntie pinko came up with recently, thinking this will be some kind of rallying point? Talk about juvenile.
07-25-2014 01:33 PM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
Ill put it this way, i make 9/hour, i make from 250-300 a paycheck if i work a full 40+ hours, i keep maybe 40 of it a week, ACA isnt affordable to me but because where i work offers healthcare and dental insurance my parents can remove me from their plan (which they plan to do, its $200 per kid on the plan now and they have 8 kids combined and me and my sister are on the chopping block), so its either I get this "affordable" insurance or opt out and pay a fine, I'd rather save up so i can buy a car that runs 200 miles before something breaks or goes bad on it and be able to actually live somewhere instead of hopping around couch to couch while keeping my things in my 2 door car. I know this helps some people, but not this 18 year old working a full time job barely scraping by to feed myself and keep my car running. Im all for affordable or universal healthcare but make it so it works for EVERYONE and doesn't screw us young kids (a friend just had hers cancelled by the government as well) and those who worked their asses off to get where they are and to have what they have (like my father).

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
07-25-2014 01:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.