Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

They came to the wrong house
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
They came to the wrong house
They came to the wrong house.

An 80-year-old California retiree shot dead a pregnant woman as she and a male accomplice tried to flee Tuesday night after breaking in and robbing the man’s home in Long Beach.

And Tom Greer has no regrets about plugging the woman with two shots as she begged for her life.

“She says, 'Don't shoot me, I'm pregnant! I'm going to have a baby!' And I shot her anyway," Greer told KNBC-TV.

The elderly man, wearing his arm in a sling Wednesday as he spoke to a reporter, said he came back to his house in the ritzy Bixby Knolls neighborhood Tuesday evening and found the woman and a man ransacking his home.

"When I went in there, they tackled me," Greer told the news station. "Both of them jumped up on top of me."

During the struggle, Greer fell to the ground as the intruders rummaged through a safe. But the man had pocketed his .22-caliber Smith & Wesson revolver in the chaos of the moment.

"I come back and they see me with a gun, and they run," he told the NBC affiliate.

The man took off but the woman stumbled in an alley behind the home. She pleaded for her life as Greer took aim and fired.

"She was dead,” he told KNBC. “I shot her twice, she best be dead ... (The man) had run off and left her."

Cops have yet to identify the dead woman and her accomplice remains on the lam. Greer, meanwhile, was headed to the hospital to have a shoulder and collarbone injury treated, he told a reporter.

Greer said it was the first time he had shot a person — but wouldn’t be the last if anyone tries to mess with him again.

"I shot her, so that's going to leave a message on (her accomplice’s) mind for the rest of his life," Greer told the station.

It’s unclear if Greer will face charges in the shooting.

Link
07-24-2014 03:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
RE: They came to the wrong house
This being in Socal it will certainly draw a large crowd of supporters for the woman and her accomplice.
07-24-2014 04:02 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(07-24-2014 04:02 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  This being in Socal it will certainly draw a large crowd of supporters for the woman and her accomplice.

The old man is probably toast.
07-24-2014 04:09 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
(07-24-2014 04:09 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  
(07-24-2014 04:02 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  This being in Socal it will certainly draw a large crowd of supporters for the woman and her accomplice.

He definitely is.
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2014 04:13 PM by Kronke.)
07-24-2014 04:11 PM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-24-2014 04:09 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

Gun ban rallies to follow.
07-24-2014 04:11 PM
ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

I Root For: ECU
Yeah...he's done. f*cking idiot, imo. He's just going to stir up more anti-gun sentiment. Why even give them the time to run though? First thing he should've done is shot at the guy...if the woman got away and pleaded with him that's when he calls the cops.
07-24-2014 04:24 PM
Advertisement

LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
Lets see how quick the pro-choicers are to defend the pregnant woman who was killed by a gun.
07-24-2014 04:29 PM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-24-2014 04:24 PM)ncbeta Wrote:  Yeah...he's done. f*cking idiot, imo. He's just going to stir up more anti-gun sentiment. Why even give them the time to run though? First thing he should've done is shot at the guy...if the woman got away and pleaded with him that's when he calls the cops.

Hmm I don't agree that he is an idiot.
07-24-2014 04:31 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Shooting someone begging for their life, in pretty much any context, is what makes him an idiot that will probably do time.
07-24-2014 04:35 PM
ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

I Root For: ECU
(07-24-2014 04:35 PM)Smaug Wrote:  Shooting someone begging for their life, in pretty much any context, is what makes him an idiot that will probably do time.

This. A pregnant woman on the ground in a back alley w. no weapon? All he had to do was tell her to keep her hands in plain sight until the police got there. She makes a move at him? Shoot her.

Like I said, he's an idiot. Not only for that, but for letting the man get away. He put himself in the position to draw the most negative reaction possible.
07-24-2014 04:36 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
Not sure how I feel about the story.

Sure, I like stories of vigilante justice and self-defense. But here we had a pregnant woman begging for her life ... no longer a viable threat if she was looking down the barrel of a gun (and I'm probably a bit more sympathetic here because of the fetus growing inside her).
07-24-2014 04:36 PM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(07-24-2014 04:35 PM)Smaug Wrote:  Shooting someone begging for their life, in pretty much any context, is what makes him an idiot that will probably do time.

Yeah, saying that in a broadcast venue is not a good approach.
07-24-2014 04:37 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC

Yea, that pretty much did him in I think. He would have been fine up to that point.
07-24-2014 04:39 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
They might charge him, he won't do jail time, NFW.
07-24-2014 04:41 PM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

Well, it won't really matter. There is anit gun sentiment in California regardless. This story is not going change the fact that the majority of Americans are for less gun control.
07-24-2014 04:42 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

You have to wonder why they didn't name the robbers or post pictures of them. I think I know why.
07-24-2014 04:44 PM
Advertisement

NIU007 Offline
Legend

(07-24-2014 04:42 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  Well, it won't really matter. There is anit gun sentiment in California regardless. This story is not going change the fact that the majority of Americans are for less gun control.

No they aren't.
07-24-2014 04:44 PM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-24-2014 04:44 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  
(07-24-2014 04:42 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  Well, it won't really matter. There is anit gun sentiment in California regardless. This story is not going change the fact that the majority of Americans are for less gun control.

No they aren't.

Yes they are.
http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/01/polls-...trol-spin/
07-24-2014 04:46 PM
pharaoh0 Offline
Triggered by Microaggressions

I Root For: Duke, L'ville
(07-24-2014 04:46 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  

No they aren't.

Yes they are.

When asked about gun control vs protection of gun rights, people usually fall on the side of protection. When ask about certain specifics, that can change. The problem is that people are not informed. When they are informed, they usually do not favor more of these gun control laws.

Case in point. Background checks. The left frequently talks about how people don't have to get background checks at gun shows. But, instead of just trying to close this loophole (which a small number of people use and it is rarely heard of that these guns are used to commit crimes), they try to cover family members and neighbors. They fail to talk about whether the gun show loophole ACTUAL is an issue. Instead, they try to scare people. Once people are fully informed, they usually go against these restrictions.

Currently, there are only two major "gun violence" situations: (1) crazy people and (2) urban violence. These people aren't buying at gun shows. Crazy people usually just buy at the gun store (because they aren't on the list) and urban people buy from their neighborhood street dealer. Real solutions would be to address our mentally ill populations and increase penalties for unlawful possession of firearms in these urban areas (maybe even offer a $250 reward for tips on unlawfully owned guns in these areas).
07-24-2014 04:57 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

(07-24-2014 04:57 PM)pharaoh0 Wrote:  
(07-24-2014 04:46 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  

No they aren't.

Yes they are.

When asked about gun control vs protection of gun rights, people usually fall on the side of protection. When ask about certain specifics, that can change. The problem is that people are not informed. When they are informed, they usually do not favor more of these gun control laws.

Case in point. Background checks. The left frequently talks about how people don't have to get background checks at gun shows. But, instead of just trying to close this loophole (which a small number of people use and it is rarely heard of that these guns are used to commit crimes), they try to cover family members and neighbors. They fail to talk about whether the gun show loophole ACTUAL is an issue. Instead, they try to scare people. Once people are fully informed, they usually go against these restrictions.

Currently, there are only two major "gun violence" situations: (1) crazy people and (2) urban violence. These people aren't buying at gun shows. Crazy people usually just buy at the gun store (because they aren't on the list) and urban people buy from their neighborhood street dealer. Real solutions would be to address our mentally ill populations and increase penalties for unlawful possession of firearms in these urban areas (maybe even offer a $250 reward for tips on unlawfully owned guns in these areas).

Not to continue the diversion of the topic, but I read his statement to say that people want to remove gun restrictions that are in place, as opposed to not adding further restrictions.
07-24-2014 05:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.