Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

3 Lesbos beat gay man, charged with a hate crime
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
3 Lesbos beat gay man, charged with a hate crime
I just love it when liberals trip over political correctness.

Quote:Lawyer: Lesbians’ assault on gay man can’t be hate crime

Three women identified by their lawyers as lesbians were arraigned yesterday on a hate crime charge for allegedly beating a gay man at the Forest Hills T station in an unusual case that experts say exposes the law’s flawed logic.

“My guess is that no sane jury would convict them under those circumstances, but what this really demonstrates is the idiocy of the hate-crime legislation,” said civil liberties lawyer Harvey Silverglate. “If you beat someone up, you’re guilty of assault and battery of a human being. Period. The idea of trying to break down human beings into categories is doomed to failure.”

Prosecutors and the ACLU of Massachusetts said no matter the defendants’ sexual orientation, they can still face the crime of assault and battery with intent to intimidate, which carries up to a 10-year prison sentence, by using hateful language.

“Someone who is Jewish can be anti-Semitic,” said ACLU staff attorney Sarah Wunsch. “The mere fact that someone is a member of the same class doesn’t mean they could not be motivated by hatred for their very own group.”

But Carolyn Euell, 38, mother of two of the defendants, Erika Stroud, 21, of Dorchester and Felicia Stroud, 18, West Roxbury, told reporters the alleged attack “can’t be hateful” because both her daughters are lesbians.

Prosecutor Lindsey Weinstein said the two sisters and one of their domestic partners, Lydia Sanford, also a defendant, viciously beat the man Sunday, repeatedly punching and kicking him after he bumped them with his backpack on a stairwell.

She said the victim, who suffered a broken nose, told cops he believed the attack was “motivated as a crime because of his sexual orientation” since the three women “called him insulting homophobic slurs.”

But attorney Helene Tomlinson, who represented Sanford, told the judge her client is “openly identified as a lesbian ... so any homophobic (conduct) is unwarranted.” She said the alleged victim was the aggressor and used racial slurs: “He provoked them.”

Felicia Stroud’s attorney, C. Harold Krasnow, said, “They don’t know what his sexual orientation is, just like he doesn’t know what theirs is.”

Krasnow later noted the low bail the judge gave the women, $100 to $500 cash, and suggested the prosecution’s case was weak.

Civil-rights attorney Chester Darling agreed. “No one should go to court. It’s knuckle justice,” he said. “It’s a fair exchange.”

But Jake Wark, a spokesman for Suffolk District Attorney Daniel F. Conley, said prosecutors will have no problem proving the women committed a hate crime, even if they are lesbians.

“The defendants’ particular orientation or alleged orientations have no bearing on our ability to prosecute for allegedly targeting a person who they believe to be different from them,” he said.

Link
07-24-2014 02:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
RE: 3 Lesbos beat gay man, charged with a hate crime
I don't know what's funnier, the fact that the dykes beat the girlie gay dude up, or the merry-go-round of who is gay and why it makes a difference.

It's all about the he's gay she's gay bullshiit, I think you better quit, lettin shiit slip, or you'll be leaving with a fat lip.

03-lmfao
07-24-2014 02:50 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
People are going to realize that these leftist agendas are truly deals with the Devil.
07-24-2014 02:51 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(07-24-2014 02:51 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  People are going to realize that these leftist agendas are truly deals with the Devil.

They're all beginning to come full circle. Same as obama flashing his twat to minorities for votes and how those same minorities are now turning their backs and questioning why he's coddling the balls of illegals instead of them now.
07-24-2014 02:57 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
Oh puh-lease. The ACLU lawyer said it best - Jews can be anti-Semitic. Just look at the Zionist political violence of the 40's when they Jewish extremists went around killing lots of Jewish moderates. Lesbians have a rep in LGBT circles of being polar opposite of gay men and "rivals" so this doesn't surprise me.
07-24-2014 02:59 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Considering that both Jews and Arabs are Semitic, it's actually quite easy for both sides to be anti-Semitic.

That's one problem for the Palestinians. They claim to be (and to at least some extent are) descendants of the ancient Philistines, who were most likely not Semitic. 3000 years of intermarriage has pretty much removed that distinction physically, but it remains in the minds of the Arabs (and Palestinians).
07-24-2014 03:05 PM
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
3 dudes beat up a chick.

Got it.
07-24-2014 03:06 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

(07-24-2014 03:06 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  3 dudes beat up a chick.

Got it.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
07-24-2014 03:08 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
I guess everything isn't so perfect in Gayville?
07-24-2014 03:08 PM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
The funny part is those girls probably aren't even real lesbians. They are just following the new "let's be gay" trend that is all the rage among teens and 20 somethings.
07-24-2014 03:17 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(07-24-2014 03:17 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  The funny part is those girls probably aren't even real lesbians. They are just following the new "let's be gay" trend that is all the rage among teens and 20 somethings.

What better to help them escape a "hate crime."
07-24-2014 03:20 PM
Advertisement

oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
(07-24-2014 03:20 PM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  
(07-24-2014 03:17 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  The funny part is those girls probably aren't even real lesbians. They are just following the new "let's be gay" trend that is all the rage among teens and 20 somethings.

Kinda like those people who actually say that racism cannot come from a minority.
07-24-2014 03:22 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(07-24-2014 03:22 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  
(07-24-2014 03:20 PM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  

Kinda like those people who actually say that racism cannot come from a minority.

Exactly.
07-24-2014 03:24 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
Liberals? No where did I see their political affiliation.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
07-24-2014 03:24 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(07-24-2014 03:24 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  Liberals? No where did I see their political affiliation.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

You don't have to. You might think it's a broad brush I'm painting with, but it's a stroke of common sense. Unless they fall into the slim to none column of gay Republicans. Highly unlikely.
07-24-2014 03:26 PM
hoopfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: hoops
(07-24-2014 03:06 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  3 dudes beat up a chick.

Got it.

that is funny..but what is the difference if they are bulldyke tuff gals and he was fem and demure?
07-24-2014 04:33 PM
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Somebody gets it.

Quote:“If you beat someone up, you’re guilty of assault and battery of a human being. Period. The idea of trying to break down human beings into categories is doomed to failure.”
07-24-2014 04:38 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

For reference, these are two of the three violent and sexually insensitive lesbian bigots.

[Image: felicia.jpg?w=300&h=262]

[Image: erika.jpg?w=300&h=262]
07-24-2014 04:40 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
I never understood the hate crime logic. What difference does it make who did it and why? They did it, that's all.
07-24-2014 04:49 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(07-24-2014 04:49 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  I never understood the hate crime logic. What difference does it make who did it and why? They did it, that's all.

Because it's a solely emotionally driven idea.. There is no logic to it.
07-24-2014 04:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.