http://kentucky.247sports.com/Board/296/...e-29789514
07-23-2014 11:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

fishpro1098 Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
RE: Kentucky vs Cincy football series?
It looks like both schools, but particularly Cincy, are trying to develop regional rivalries. This is good for college football. With all the conference realignment and teams within spread out conferences (like ours), it is a good idea to have games close enough for fans to travel, and teams develop rivalries. These games are a remedy for a lot of the bad medicine that has gone down.

Fire June
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2014 01:25 AM by fishpro1098.)
07-24-2014 01:24 AM
ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

I Root For: ECU
(07-24-2014 01:24 AM)fishpro1098 Wrote:  It looks like both schools, but particularly Cincy, are trying to develop regional rivalries. This is good for college football. With all the conference realignment and teams within spread out conferences (like ours), it is a good idea to have games close enough for fans to travel, and teams develop rivalries. These games are a remedy for a lot of the bad medicine that has gone down.

Fire June

Agreed. Looks like most of us are doing a good job of that. Although our series with UNC will end sooner or later.

Death to June's career as SMU's head fb coach.
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2014 01:34 AM by ncbeta.)
07-24-2014 01:33 AM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Well hell, Louisville won't play us anymore... It would be funny if UK can find time on their schedule where the Cards can't.

I'd rather play the flagship anyway.
07-24-2014 06:36 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
Stoops is making huge inroads into Ohio Recruiting. It's become His 2nd highest State after Florida for getting players so the incentive is there. I hope and believe Louisville and Cincinnati will play again. There is No bad will between the schools. Beat Kentucky !
07-24-2014 06:47 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
(07-24-2014 01:33 AM)ncbeta Wrote:  
(07-24-2014 01:24 AM)fishpro1098 Wrote:  It looks like both schools, but particularly Cincy, are trying to develop regional rivalries. This is good for college football. With all the conference realignment and teams within spread out conferences (like ours), it is a good idea to have games close enough for fans to travel, and teams develop rivalries. These games are a remedy for a lot of the bad medicine that has gone down.

Fire June

Agreed. Looks like most of us are doing a good job of that. Although our series with UNC will end sooner or later.

For whatever reason UNC seems to value playing us a lot more than NC State does, but even NC State extended the series with us, albeit only playing every 3 years. I think they will pretty much have to keep playing us because they don't want to go through the bad pub and legislative crap again.
07-24-2014 07:00 AM
Advertisement

rednblackattack Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofL
(07-24-2014 06:36 AM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  Well hell, Louisville won't play us anymore... It would be funny if UK can find time on their schedule where the Cards can't.

You want to play an SEC doormat? More power to you. Whatever to get victories I guess
07-24-2014 07:27 AM
Bleeds_Purple Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina!
(07-24-2014 07:00 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  

Fire June

For whatever reason UNC seems to value playing us a lot more than NC State does, but even NC State extended the series with us, albeit only playing every 3 years. I think they will pretty much have to keep playing us because they don't want to go through the bad pub and legislative crap again.
It's not that UNC values playing us more they just don't fear us like NC State does. We have 3 wins all times vs UNC now two of them have been since 2007. If we beat them again this year I bet UNC backs off on playing us like NC State has to every three years. Fine by me anyway. We beat State in 2010 then the next time we played in 2013. Means we get to talk trash for 6 straight years until we see em again in 2016.
07-24-2014 07:28 AM
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(07-24-2014 07:00 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  

Fire June

That is great your legislature help you out. Here in Ohio our legislature would not protect anyone from Ohio State for fear of not getting re-elected. We've played the Buckeyes a hand full of times since 1938 in football and have only played them in basketball only one time in the regular season in over 100 years (which is ridiculous when you consider the long storied history of Cincinnati basketball).
07-24-2014 07:31 AM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisville
Re: Kentucky vs Cincy football series?
Knowing the way UK schedules football games, if Cincy is added then that would probably mean that U of L is off. They play us & 3 easy W's & there is no way Cincy would be an easy W for them. If UK is off our schedule I would love to see Cincy take their place, they are a better football program. Maybe alternating UK & Cincy would work.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2014 07:54 AM by Lenvillecards.)
07-24-2014 07:53 AM
Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Josh Edwards
19 hours ago

I don't see Cincinnati really being much of a threat honestly. If you want to take that next step, then you should have no problem beating Cincinnati.

03-lmfao

says Kentucky football fan. 03-lmfao
07-24-2014 07:54 AM
Advertisement

CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(07-24-2014 07:53 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  Knowing the way UK schedules football games, if Cincy is added then that would probably mean that U of L is off. They play us & 3 easy W's & there is no way Cincy would be an easy W for them. If UK is off our schedule I would love to see Cincy take their place, they are a better football program. Maybe alternating UK & Cincy would work.

In a perfect world, I would like to see some scenario where UC, UofL, UK and IU all play each other in football and basketball on a regular basis. I recognize that it would probably have to be on a rotational basis, but there are ways to make it work.
07-24-2014 07:55 AM
FrancisDrake Offline
1st String

I Root For: Piecesof8
Playing NCSU every three years is perfect. Unless the two schools care to acknowledge a rivalry and cultivate it there is no point to playing too often. UNC has been a much better partner than NCSU under "Butch" Yow. ECU has been a good partner for UNC too, being very flexible when UNC needed to adjust their schedule. It will be interesting to see how if the series is extended in its current frequency if ECU were to win one or both of the last two. Though I do believe at worst UNC will be on the schedule at least every three years a la NCSU. I hope we can continue the VT series and add a few more games against WVU. I am interested to see how Compher can arrange schedule agreements. He is set through 2017 or 18 IIRC but after that he has a lot of work to do. Maryland, UVA, GT, UGA, Pitt, Buttgers are all worth exploring as they are located in large areas of ECU alums.
07-24-2014 08:03 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Charlotte is also playing UK. I don't think it is a series though. I think it is just an away game for us. Game in 2015 has been confirmed by the coach, but no date yet. Rumor is we open with them.
07-24-2014 08:11 AM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-24-2014 07:27 AM)rednblackattack Wrote:  
(07-24-2014 06:36 AM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  Well hell, Louisville won't play us anymore... It would be funny if UK can find time on their schedule where the Cards can't.

You want to play an SEC doormat? More power to you. Whatever to get victories I guess

Why? Isn't UK your "rival"? Isn't that one of the main reasons why UL now refuses to play UC in FB...because you simply "have" to play UK every year? So, if playing an "SEC doormat" works for UL instead of playing a traditional rival, it should work OK for UC.

Besides, from our vantage point, playing UK is roughly equal to playing UL. It's a P5 opponent. And, like I said, they are the Commonwealth's flagship university. And they are, as you say, an SEC foe, all of which are more eye-catching than playing an ACC school from the city of Louisville.

So... Hell yeah. I want to play an SEC doormat.
07-24-2014 10:09 AM
TopperCard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UofL & WKU
(07-24-2014 10:09 AM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  

Why? Isn't UK your "rival"? Isn't that one of the main reasons why UL now refuses to play UC in FB...because you simply "have" to play UK every year? So, if playing an "SEC doormat" works for UL instead of playing a traditional rival, it should work OK for UC.

Besides, from our vantage point, playing UK is roughly equal to playing UL. It's a P5 opponent. And, like I said, they are the Commonwealth's flagship university. And they are, as you say, an SEC foe, all of which are more eye-catching than playing an ACC school from the city of Louisville.

Trust me, no one has ever been praised for beating Kentucky. You'll receive zero recognition. They may play football in the SEC, but they do not play SEC football.

Personally, I'd rather drop them and instead play UC during rivalry week.
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2014 10:20 AM by TopperCard.)
07-24-2014 10:19 AM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC

Jerry why do you do this? Ville was a rivalry game, keg of nail, you are are off of your rocker if you think playing UK is better than Ville. There is no need to talk smack.
07-24-2014 10:24 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(07-24-2014 10:19 AM)TopperCard Wrote:  

Trust me, no one has ever been praised for beating Kentucky. You'll receive zero recognition. They may play football in the SEC, but they do not play SEC football.

04-rock
07-24-2014 10:25 AM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-24-2014 10:19 AM)TopperCard Wrote:  

Hey, given my druthers, I'd rather be playing Louisville too... But...
07-24-2014 10:30 AM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisville
Re: RE: Kentucky vs Cincy football series?
(07-24-2014 07:55 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(07-24-2014 07:53 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  Knowing the way UK schedules football games, if Cincy is added then that would probably mean that U of L is off. They play us & 3 easy W's & there is no way Cincy would be an easy W for them. If UK is off our schedule I would love to see Cincy take their place, they are a better football program. Maybe alternating UK & Cincy would work.

In a perfect world, I would like to see some scenario where UC, UofL, UK and IU all play each other in football and basketball on a regular basis. I recognize that it would probably have to be on a rotational basis, but there are ways to make it work.

I would love to see this happen.

07-24-2014 11:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.