Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cruz: Rich Do Fine with Big Govt, GOP Must Help the Working Poor
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Cruz: Rich Do Fine with Big Govt, GOP Must Help the Working Poor
Quote:U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz on Saturday said that to resurrect America's greatness it was necessary to revive the economy, defend the Constitution, and restore America's place in the world arena.

Appearing at the conference themed "America at Its Best," Cruz told more than 3,000 attendees to the Western Conservative Summit in Denver that "the single biggest lie" is that Republicans are the party of the rich.

"The rich have done fine with big government," he said. The ones most hurt by big government are those who are struggling.

The event, in its fifth year, is sponsored by the Centennial Institute, the think tank of Colorado Christian University. It is being held at the Colorado Convention Center and the Hyatt Regency Denver.

Alluding to NSA eavesdropping, Cruz invited the audience to "please leave your cell phones on. I want to make sure President Obama hears every word I say."

He said it seemed as if Obama was "going down the bill of rights trying to violate one at a time."

Cruz said, "We need to defend the Second Amendment" adding that, "In Texas, we define gun control as hitting what you're aiming at."

He said, the 10th amendment defines and limits the powers of the federal government. Washington's power does not extend to education. "I would repeal every word of Common Core. Education should be [decided] at the local level," said Cruz.

Other speakers during the three-day event, which began on Friday, included former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, Heritage Foundation President Jim DeMint, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, retired pediatric neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson, and Republican Sens. Mike Lee of Utah and Tim Scott

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ted-cru...id/583716/
07-21-2014 09:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
RE: Cruz: Rich Do Fine with Big Govt, GOP Must Help the Working Poor
Republicans are not the party of the rich after 6 years under Obama,
even though most say the rich have gotten richer. I wouldn't know.
07-21-2014 09:11 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
(07-21-2014 09:11 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Republicans are not the party of the rich after 6 years under Obama,

Both parties are the parties of the rich. The rich control both parties and how the laws are written. The middle class is the group that is constantly screwed by BOTH parties.
07-21-2014 09:22 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(07-21-2014 09:22 AM)mlb Wrote:  
(07-21-2014 09:11 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Republicans are not the party of the rich after 6 years under Obama,

Both parties are the parties of the rich. The rich control both parties and how the laws are written. The middle class is the group that is constantly screwed by BOTH parties.

03-yes
07-21-2014 09:30 AM
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame

agreed
07-21-2014 09:57 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
Frederic Bastiat says hi!

The GOP needs this populist type of rhetoric. It's time to ignore the racial politics and such when the left tries to use it as a weapon. Populist rhetoric is the one thing Americans almost unanimously love.
07-21-2014 10:24 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl

Ab-so-f**k-ing-lute-ly.
07-21-2014 12:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.