Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Beer at the Factory
Bookmark and Share
masttg Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU
Beer at the Factory
I'd like to see beer sales at Rynearson. I suspect that it would increase attendance and maybe make a little bit of money. Four other MAC schools have beer sales, so I don't see why not.
http://www.independentcollegian.com/news...ohol-sales
07-20-2014 11:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ken Barna Offline
All American

RE: Beer at the Factory
Dear masttg,
This was done a few decades ago. I think when Harkema was our coach. Don't remember why it was stopped, but may have had to do with under-age drinking. I certainly do not remember seeing any fans under the influence and causing problems, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.
07-20-2014 11:57 AM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

Dream on! The only thing will increase attendance is winning!
07-21-2014 02:14 PM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(07-20-2014 11:57 AM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear masttg,
This was done a few decades ago. I think when Harkema was our coach. Don't remember why it was stopped, but may have had to do with under-age drinking. I certainly do not remember seeing any fans under the influence and causing problems, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I'd guess the big thing is the drinking age.

IF the drinking age was 18 then almost all college students would be legal.

At age 21 most college students would not.

When was the switch from 18 --> 21???
07-21-2014 03:12 PM
EAGLE KING Offline
1st String

(07-21-2014 03:12 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(07-20-2014 11:57 AM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear masttg,

I'd guess the big thing is the drinking age.

IF the drinking age was 18 then almost all college students would be legal.

At age 21 most college students would not.

When was the switch from 18 --> 21???

It was 18 in 1978. I agree and am in favor of alcohol being sold at basketball and football games. However I think this change would generate more alumni attendance than student attendance, which is not a bad thing either. However nowadays more degrees take more than 4 years to complete, so many student will have 2-3 years of undergrad left while being of the legal drinking age of 21.
07-21-2014 03:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.