Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cavs to deal Wiggins for KLove
Bookmark and Share
NigelTufnel Offline
Spelling Bee Champiun

I Root For: Ribs and Beer!
Cavs to deal Wiggins for KLove
ESPN reporting that they are willing to pull the trigger (it's not a done deal evidently).

I love Wiggins, not sure I could deal him, but Love is a safe bet and they would definitely move to the top of the East pecking order.

Good deal for the Cavs or not?
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2014 09:26 PM by NigelTufnel.)
07-17-2014 09:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Cavs to deal Wiggins for KLove
I saw a report that asked some NBA Front Office people who they would pick between Love and Wiggins and surprisingly a majority said they would keep Wiggins because of his rookie salary and because he plays very good defense compared to Love even thought they know that Love would give the Cavs an immediately bump
07-17-2014 10:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UofMark Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
Great deal for the T'Wolves.
07-17-2014 10:14 PM
tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Great deal for both teams.
07-18-2014 07:24 AM
bsp34 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Mississippi St.
great deal for both teams. Wggins can be Minny's new superstar and Cleveland/LeBron get a new big 3
07-18-2014 07:34 AM
spankadelphia Offline
Banned

No way I would trade Wiggins for Love...unless my team just signed a 29 year old Lebron James in free agency and needed help to win now.

Next to the Cavs...Timberwolves are the biggest winners of FA by proxy.
07-18-2014 08:23 AM
Advertisement

NigelTufnel Offline
Spelling Bee Champiun

Add in the fact that I believe Love is a FA after next year. Minnesota has to pull the trigger on this.
07-18-2014 08:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tygrys Offline
Heisman

(07-18-2014 08:26 AM)NigelTufnel Wrote:  Add in the fact that I believe Love is a FA after next year. Minnesota has to pull the trigger on this.

Ya, if they do not move him he is almost definitely heading back west after this season. I assume if Cleveland trades for him then will have agreed to a contract extension of some sort.

If I were the GM of either team I would be drooling at this deal. It is not often a deal works out so well for both sides.
07-18-2014 08:35 AM
gotigers1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers!
You make this trade yesterday without question
07-18-2014 08:38 AM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
as a Grizzly fan, I want K. Love in the East

vs. Hou or GSW
07-18-2014 08:51 AM
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
No way, wiggins will keep Cleveland a contender for the next 15 years.
07-18-2014 09:35 AM
Advertisement

Tygrys Offline
Heisman

(07-18-2014 09:35 AM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  No way, wiggins will keep Cleveland a contender for the next 15 years.

You hope, he is still an unknown. Lebron + Kyrie + Love = multiple finals appearances over the next 4 or 5 years (especially in the East) almost guaranteed.
07-18-2014 09:45 AM
jeff416 Offline
Special Teams

I would do this trade in a heartbeat if I were the Cavs. Love is an established superstar just now entering his prime. Getting him makes you much better right now and for at least the next few years as well. He will make them an instant contender and will add another great player to play along side Lebron while he is still in his prime.

Honestly, I'm not sold on Wiggins yet anyways. I think he will be a pretty good player, but I don't ever see him reaching the same level as Love is playing at right now. Overall though, I think it's good trade for both teams. Cavs get another great player, elevating their status in the East and making them a legit title threat for the next few years. Minnesota gets a young exciting player and a very good piece for Love.
07-18-2014 09:49 AM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
Tough one.

Love is 6 years older than Wiggins. But still relatively young at 25. Wiggins may have the POTENTIAL to be a Kevin Durant type. He also may not. Love right now is one of the best forwards in the league- not based on potential but on what he has done.

There is little question adding a first team or second team caliber player to your roster is a good thing- especially one who at 25 is just entering his prime. Love has had some injuries too. If he will sign for several years after this season I think a known basically first team NBA forward is a better bet than a potential really good player- especially teamed with a in the middle of his prime LeBron James.
07-18-2014 09:52 AM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(07-18-2014 09:35 AM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  No way, wiggins will keep Cleveland a contender for the next 15 years.

There isn't a single owner or general manager in the NBA who is concerned about 5 years down the road much less 15.

I would make this trade in a split second. Love is a double double machine.

He currently holds the longest streak for consecutive games recording double doubles since the NBA-ABA merger!

freaky stat.

And the Grizzlies drafted him and traded him.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2014 10:29 AM by Tiger46.)
07-18-2014 10:25 AM
Briskbas Offline
Heisman

Unless you're in rebuild mode, you really kind of need to make trades to make you better now (while trying to avoid hamstringing yourself in the future).

Wiggins is an unknown commodity. No telling if he pans out. Or remains injury free. Or wants to stay in Cleveland after his first contract. If you are trying to win a title today, and you just brought in the hands down best player in the game, and you can get one of the best PFs in the game today to play alongside him for Wiggins, you kind of have to pull the trigger on that.
07-18-2014 10:26 AM
Advertisement

JerryJeff Offline
All American

I Root For:
Where's biggesttigerjlb? He has a serious man crush on K-Love. Never misses an opportunity to say "I told you so".
07-18-2014 10:48 AM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
I say do it now. Get Love. Who knows what shape any of the players will be in when Wiggins can contribute at the level needed to win championships.
07-18-2014 11:48 AM
NigelTufnel Offline
Spelling Bee Champiun

(07-18-2014 10:25 AM)Tiger46 Wrote:  

There isn't a single owner or general manager in the NBA who is concerned about 5 years down the road much less 15.

He currently holds the longest streak for consecutive games recording double doubles since the NBA-ABA merger!

freaky stat.

There is some concern that he is a great stat stuffer, but doesn't make his team correspondingly better. He's definitely not a great defender.
07-18-2014 12:53 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
(07-18-2014 12:53 PM)NigelTufnel Wrote:  
(07-18-2014 10:25 AM)Tiger46 Wrote:  

freaky stat.

There is some concern that he is a great stat stuffer, but doesn't make his team correspondingly better. He's definitely not a great defender.

Well you can't make your team better if there's very few on there that can get better and very few fans who even care. Truthfully, though, I don't remember who else is on his team. I haven't followed the latest trades or health reports.
07-18-2014 01:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

photo cincinnati.png  photo connecticut.png  photo east_carolina.png  photo houston.png  photo memphis.png  photo navy.png  photo smu.png  photo temple.png  photo tulane.png  photo central_florida.png  photo south_florida.png
 photo louisville.png  photo rutgers.png

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.