Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: What should the ACC do about expansion?
Add Cincy only
Add UConn only
Add both Cincy and UConn
Add neither
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
poll follow up
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
poll follow up
On another thread, we were given a chance to vote for possible ACC expansion candidates. From that, it was clear that UConn was a popular choice, and it was assumed that Cincy was a given. I'm not so sure about the latter, and the choice of UConn was heavily influenced by UConn supporters, as opposed to current ACC fans. That was also true of other schools on the list.

I'm interested in how fans of current ACC schools (or just ACC fans in general) feel about expansion in general, and Cincy/UConn in particular. So here's an abbreviated poll, focused on those two candidates.
07-17-2014 08:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
RE: poll follow up
Getting into Ohio has football benefits beyond the value of the Bearcats themselves.

UConn seemingly only has value for basketball.
07-17-2014 08:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
domer1978 Offline
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
Do ND fans count? Or do we only get a partial vote?
07-17-2014 08:45 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-17-2014 08:45 AM)domer1978 Wrote:  Do ND fans count? Or do we only get a partial vote?

20% of a vote
07-17-2014 08:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-17-2014 08:45 AM)domer1978 Wrote:  Do ND fans count? Or do we only get a partial vote?

I'm feeling generous today. You get a full vote!
07-17-2014 09:36 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
If No Penn State, Maryland, Texas or Football membership with Notre Dame and if they increase the value of the TV Contract add both UC & UConn...07-coffee3
07-17-2014 09:41 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-17-2014 09:41 AM)Maize Wrote:  If No Penn State, Maryland, Texas or Football membership with Notre Dame and if they increase the value of the TV Contract add both UC & UConn...07-coffee3

Why add UConn? What is the benefit to the ACC?
07-17-2014 10:22 AM
Advertisement

Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
Neither, at least right now.

If a major player is not available go with the biggest market. Cincy would only have to deliver 30% of the Ohio population to equal all of the Connecticut population.

I probably have not mentioned this before (/sarcasm) but my preference would be to get back into the DC/MD market.
07-17-2014 11:15 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

Let's just add Notre Dame, Auburn, Oklahoma and Texas and stop at 18. It's a little large and geographically spread out, but I could live with it.

05-stirthepot
07-17-2014 11:34 AM
CardinalZen Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
I picked both.
01-wingedeagle
07-17-2014 12:12 PM
Advertisement

7thHeaven Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UofL
If ND ever joins, which I don't think they will, but if. The ACC could lure bigger fish. Now if ND doesn't join their is no rush to add. Louisville put the leg work in to become as big as it has. Which school will put the leg work in to become that big? Louisvilles year end profits were 90 something million the next school not in the power 5 was UCONN at 44 million after that it's not even close. If the ACC decides to add without a ND football addition they should wait and see who emerges. The SEC and B1G are our main competition in TV marketing, with that said which markets would be wise to go after? UCONN is surrounded and doesn't add much, Cincy doesn't add much of Ohio but adds enough and puts the ACC further into the B1G territory, and if the ACC wanted to get more of the SEC territory and another rivalry game you have Memphis. Regardless all of those schools have leg work to do before being added to any power 5 conference.
07-17-2014 12:21 PM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

There were a lot more responses to the original poll, which may be due largely to how long it was up. I don't expect nearly as many here, for a couple of reasons.

First, I think responses to the original poll were partly driven by the desire to promote the candidacy of P5 wannabes by their avid fans. Second, I don't sense a burning desire on the part of ACC fans (or schools) to expand at all, so the need to make a hypothetical choice between two candidates doesn't seem very compelling. This seems to be borne out by the proportion of voters who have said add neither.

That being said, despite the 62 votes for UConn in the original poll, I'm not feeling a lot of love for the Huskies yet. 05-stirthepot
07-17-2014 12:49 PM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

I Root For: ACC
SkunkworksDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals
Where's the Jim Donnan Kung-Fu option...?

I voted "Neither" as in "Neither" bring anything to the ACC that we don't already have in bunches.

01-donnankungfu
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2014 02:07 PM by ecuacc4ever.)
07-17-2014 02:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.