Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New 'turf' being installed at UC's baseball stadium
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
New 'turf' being installed at UC's baseball stadium
[Image: 8044552.jpeg?1405520907]

CINCINNATI - The University of Cincinnati baseball team has begun a synthetic turf installation project for Marge Schott Stadium that is scheduled to be completed on August 28. The project will remove the current playing surface and replace it with a state-of-the-art surface covering the entire field.

Cincinnati has selected local contractor The Motz Group for the installation. The Motz Group has been a provider of world-class athletic surfaces for nearly 40 years. If you've walked on a synthetic turf system in and around the region, there is a good chance it's a Motz field.

"The replacement of the playing surface at Marge Schott Stadium is another statement that our administration is making a sincere effort to improve the experience at UC for our student athletes" said head coach Ty Neal. "The new playing surface will allow our guys to develop year-round in a first-class facility.

"We compete in one of the most competitive baseball conferences in the country and we owe it to the American Athletic Conference to present a facility that reflects our elite status. I personally cannot wait to lace them up. The Bearcats are coming."

The new Marge Schott Stadium turf will feature The Motz Group's TriplePlayTM HP System. This system, which incorporates a texturized thatch layer, ensures consistency and minimizes infill flyout to provide the most realistic ball bounce in the industry. Specifically engineered to be second to none when it comes to playability, safety, and long-term durability as the proof has been on the ground for over a decade.

All areas of the field, including the warning track, home plate, pitcher's mound and bullpens will be turf.

Marge Schott Stadium was constructed in 2004. This will be the first field renovation in the stadium's ten-year history.

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-baseb...14aab.html

Video - http://www.gobearcats.com/allaccess/?media=456317
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2014 01:48 PM by bearcatfan.)
07-16-2014 01:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FuzzyHasek Offline
2nd String

I Root For: HOUSTON
RE: New 'turf' being installed at UC's baseball stadium
awesome, now yall just need to perform
07-16-2014 03:32 PM
stxrunner Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
(07-16-2014 03:32 PM)FuzzyHasek Wrote:  awesome, now yall just need to perform

The facilities are certainly there, I think people are optimistic with Coach Neal that things will be turning around. Only time will tell.
07-16-2014 03:38 PM
Advertisement

BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
"We compete in one of the most competitive baseball conferences in the country."

I absolutely agree with this ^^^

I think this league needs at least 5-7 baseball solids causing havoc everywhere.

Houston
Tulane
ECU
UCF
Cincinnati
???
???
07-16-2014 04:50 PM
KnightsFan5912 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UCF
(07-16-2014 04:50 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  "We compete in one of the most competitive baseball conferences in the country."

I think this league needs at least 5-7 baseball solids causing havoc everywhere.

Houston
Tulane
ECU
UCF
Cincinnati
???
???

We only have 8 baseball playing teams in the league right now. The only options left after your 5 are Memphis, UCONN and USF. We either would need to add more teams (baseball only) or be happy that 4-5 teams in the league are strong.
07-18-2014 08:07 AM
Advertisement

The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
I absolutely hate these synthetic turfs in place of real dirt. I get turf for the grass portions but replacing actual dirt with turf is sacreligious and really ridiculous, IMO. I said the same thing while watching the abonimation that is UL's field during the regional telecast.
07-18-2014 08:14 AM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
I wouldn't be opposed to some baseball only's if they came from good pedigree.
07-18-2014 08:22 AM
Advertisement

BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(07-18-2014 08:14 AM)The Knight Time Wrote:  I absolutely hate these synthetic turfs in place of real dirt. I get turf for the grass portions but replacing actual dirt with turf is sacreligious and really ridiculous, IMO. I said the same thing while watching the abonimation that is UL's field during the regional telecast.
^^^^^^
This.

I admit that I am a baseball purist... I am also realistic enough to get the issues involved... But I hate these all-synthetic fields.
07-18-2014 08:25 AM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I bet Rice would love to play in the AAC baseball only if CUSA would let them (which they wont)
07-18-2014 08:31 AM
Advertisement

Knightshift Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
(07-18-2014 08:07 AM)KnightsFan5912 Wrote:  
(07-16-2014 04:50 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  "We compete in one of the most competitive baseball conferences in the country."

Houston
Tulane
ECU
UCF
Cincinnati
???
???

We only have 8 baseball playing teams in the league right now. The only options left after your 5 are Memphis, UCONN and USF. We either would need to add more teams (baseball only) or be happy that 4-5 teams in the league are strong.

There may only be 8 teams, but there are no truly "horrible" baseball teams in this league. Sure, we can all get better, and some may have further to go than others, but top to bottom, this should be a very solid league. Losing UL hurts, but the ECU and Tulane additions are solid. I don't expect Tulane to be down too long. Too much history there. Hopefully USF can turn around their puzzling mediocrity in recent years. They certainly have the facilities and location to attract talent. Memphis has been decent-to-good in recent years, and seems like they are just a step or two away from reaching the postseason. UConn has shown in recent years that they can get it done. If UCF can EVER afford to complete our renovations, we should be able to be more consistent. Houston should continue to be Houston. I think ECU is going to be very good once Cliff Godwin puts his stamp on the program. While we may not have any "star power" with big names, this will be a very solid league.
07-18-2014 09:37 AM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

(07-18-2014 09:37 AM)Knightshift Wrote:  
(07-18-2014 08:07 AM)KnightsFan5912 Wrote:  

Houston
Tulane
ECU
UCF
Cincinnati
???
???

There may only be 8 teams, but there are no truly "horrible" baseball teams in this league. Sure, we can all get better, and some may have further to go than others, but top to bottom, this should be a very solid league. Losing UL hurts, but the ECU and Tulane additions are solid. I don't expect Tulane to be down too long. Too much history there. Hopefully USF can turn around their puzzling mediocrity in recent years. They certainly have the facilities and location to attract talent. Memphis has been decent-to-good in recent years, and seems like they are just a step or two away from reaching the postseason. UConn has shown in recent years that they can get it done. If UCF can EVER afford to complete our renovations, we should be able to be more consistent. Houston should continue to be Houston. I think ECU is going to be very good once Cliff Godwin puts his stamp on the program. While we may not have any "star power" with big names, this will be a very solid league.

Cliff is recruiting his tail off. Our '16 class already has 2 commits from top 100 kids in the country.
07-18-2014 09:39 AM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(07-18-2014 08:14 AM)The Knight Time Wrote:  I absolutely hate these synthetic turfs in place of real dirt. I get turf for the grass portions but replacing actual dirt with turf is sacreligious and really ridiculous, IMO. I said the same thing while watching the abonimation that is UL's field during the regional telecast.

Ridiculous is trying to play baseball on real dirt in March in Ohio. Frozen fields are not fun.
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2014 08:14 PM by subflea.)
07-20-2014 08:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.