Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT/A: Realignment - Music Edition
Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
OT/A: Realignment - Music Edition
While we are waiting for something to happen in sports I thought it might be fun to play fantasy musical realignment. Like conference realignment it can be something completely bizarre like Celine Dion to Kiss, or something more normal like Stevie Nicks to Fleetwood Mac. Err...wait, that was a bad example. No limits. You can pick 1 from A, 2 from B and 1 from C if you like.

Bonus points if you can "realign" some of their songs. Again, normal or bizarre. How about "I surrender (Dion) to the War Machine (Kiss)?"

Looking forward to some clever combinations.
07-15-2014 09:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse
RE: OT/A: Realignment - Music Edition
The realignment I always here about are the Big 4 Thrash Metal Bands

Big 4
Metallica
Anthrax
Slayer
Megadeth

Tier II
Testament
Exodus
Overkill
Iced Earth

The rag on the Big 4, especially Megadeth and Metallica is that they no longer play true thrash metal and are trying to find themselves on records when the Tier II thrash bands have stayed true to form and have kept up with the contemporary metal scene.

04-rock
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2014 10:25 PM by Kittonhead.)
07-15-2014 10:24 PM
fishpro1098 Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
(07-15-2014 09:58 PM)Wolfman Wrote:  While we are waiting for something to happen in sports I thought it might be fun to play fantasy musical realignment. Like conference realignment it can be something completely bizarre like Celine Dion to Kiss, or something more normal like Stevie Nicks to Fleetwood Mac. Err...wait, that was a bad example. No limits. You can pick 1 from A, 2 from B and 1 from C if you like.

Bonus points if you can "realign" some of their songs. Again, normal or bizarre. How about "I surrender (Dion) to the War Machine (Kiss)?"

Looking forward to some clever combinations.

Postmodern Jukebox covers Miley, doowop style "We can't stop"
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2014 02:05 AM by fishpro1098.)
07-16-2014 02:03 AM
Advertisement

Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
WuTang over expanded.
07-16-2014 06:22 AM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
When George Harrison walked out on the Beatles during the white album sessions, John Lennon suggested they replace him with Eric Clapton (who played on 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps', a Harrison composition). It would be interesting to see how history would have differed if that actually happened. The Beatles would have never recorded 'Here Comes the Sun' or 'Something', but would there have been some other classics that WERE recorded that never were?
07-16-2014 06:27 AM
Advertisement

Frank the Tank Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Illinois/DePaul
(07-16-2014 06:27 AM)Chappy Wrote:  When George Harrison walked out on the Beatles during the white album sessions, John Lennon suggested they replace him with Eric Clapton (who played on 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps', a Harrison composition). It would be interesting to see how history would have differed if that actually happened. The Beatles would have never recorded 'Here Comes the Sun' or 'Something', but would there have been some other classics that WERE recorded that never were?

The Beatles are a fascinating "What if?" in a lot of ways. On the one hand, what if they had simply stayed together longer? Consider that they arrived in the US in 1964 and broke up in 1970. Their entire catalogue of songs was effectively produced within only a 6-year period, which is *insane* considering both the volume and quality of that output that still stands the test of time. How many more classic songs would have been written? To put how brief of a time period The Beatles were together into context, Britney Spears has literally been around as a performer for *twice* as long as The Beatles were together as a group. Of course, that may have also cemented their legend just like Michael Jordan walking off the court in Game 6 of the 1998 NBA Finals. (I have condition where I have amnesia about the 2001-03 NBA seasons and that strange dude that played for the Wizards at the time). The Beatles were gone before they could ever have a downfall creatively.

On the flip side, what if, say, George Harrison had joined the Rolling Stones or any other major band at the time? John Lennon and Paul McCartney were both kind of like Texas and Notre Dame in conference realignment - it was all about *control* for them and they wouldn't have ever submitted to another group. Harrison, though, could conceivably have worked well with other established acts while still bringing genius songwriting skills to the table. In virtually any other band in history, George would have been the leader and top songwriter. That speaks to the concentration of talent in The Beatles that we're probably never going to see again.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2014 08:14 AM by Frank the Tank.)
07-18-2014 08:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jrj84105 Online
All American

I Root For: Utes
(07-18-2014 08:10 AM)Frank the Tank Wrote:  On the flip side, what if, say, George Harrison had joined the Rolling Stones or any other major band at the time? John Lennon and Paul McCartney were both kind of like Texas and Notre Dame in conference realignment - it was all about *control* for them and they wouldn't have ever submitted to another group. Harrison, though, could conceivably have worked well with other established acts while still bringing genius songwriting skills to the table. In virtually any other band in history, George would have been the leader and top songwriter. That speaks to the concentration of talent in The Beatles that we're probably never going to see again.

Will now spend the rest of the day thinking about Harrison with the Stones. I'm pretty sure my favorite song of all time would be a Stones+Harrison cover of a Dylan song.
07-18-2014 11:23 AM
Advertisement

Wedge Offline

I Root For: California
(07-18-2014 11:23 AM)jrj84105 Wrote:  
(07-18-2014 08:10 AM)Frank the Tank Wrote:  On the flip side, what if, say, George Harrison had joined the Rolling Stones or any other major band at the time? John Lennon and Paul McCartney were both kind of like Texas and Notre Dame in conference realignment - it was all about *control* for them and they wouldn't have ever submitted to another group. Harrison, though, could conceivably have worked well with other established acts while still bringing genius songwriting skills to the table. In virtually any other band in history, George would have been the leader and top songwriter. That speaks to the concentration of talent in The Beatles that we're probably never going to see again.

Will now spend the rest of the day thinking about Harrison with the Stones. I'm pretty sure my favorite song of all time would be a Stones+Harrison cover of a Dylan song.

No Harrison, but the Stones cover of "Like A Rolling Stone" is entertaining, even though Mick fumbles around with the lyrics.
07-18-2014 11:45 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
(07-16-2014 06:22 AM)Chappy Wrote:  WuTang over expanded.

Then Guns N Roses is the WAC, only Axl Rose left from original band.
07-18-2014 10:04 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
(07-15-2014 10:24 PM)Kittonhead Wrote:  The realignment I always here about are the Big 4 Thrash Metal Bands

Big 4
Metallica
Anthrax
Slayer
Megadeth

Tier II
Testament
Exodus
Overkill
Iced Earth

The rag on the Big 4, especially Megadeth and Metallica is that they no longer play true thrash metal and are trying to find themselves on records when the Tier II thrash bands have stayed true to form and have kept up with the contemporary metal scene.

04-rock

Slayer was considered Thrash?
07-18-2014 10:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.