Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TEMPLE Stadium news ...
PIRATE TERP Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ECU / MARYLAND
TEMPLE Stadium news ...
have the OWLS been able to solve their stadium issues? ... if I remember there was a rental problem with the Eagles? ... hope all is progressing ok ...
07-15-2014 04:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
RE: TEMPLE Stadium news ...
Thought you had Temple stadium news to share.

Misleading title
07-15-2014 05:04 PM
fishpro1098 Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
(07-15-2014 04:54 PM)PIRATE TERP Wrote:  have the OWLS been able to solve their stadium issues? ... if I remember there was a rental problem with the Eagles? ... hope all is progressing ok ...

Nothing has changed. We are renting the Linc form the Eagles, have another 4 years on the lease, and there is no 'announced' movement on a stadium at Temple. Temple did purchase a 14 acre plot (former high school) near Temple with the announced intention of moving practice facilities for Olympic sports to that location. Speculation has it that the move of the Oly sports frees up room for an on campus stadium. However, there has been no announcement of such intention, and no fundraising of any sort to make an OC stadium a reality.
07-15-2014 06:08 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-15-2014 06:08 PM)fishpro1098 Wrote:  
(07-15-2014 04:54 PM)PIRATE TERP Wrote:  have the OWLS been able to solve their stadium issues? ... if I remember there was a rental problem with the Eagles? ... hope all is progressing ok ...

Nothing has changed. We are renting the Linc form the Eagles, have another 4 years on the lease, and there is no 'announced' movement on a stadium at Temple. Temple did purchase a 14 acre plot (former high school) near Temple with the announced intention of moving practice facilities for Olympic sports to that location. Speculation has it that the move of the Oly sports frees up room for an on campus stadium. However, there has been no announcement of such intention, and no fundraising of any sort to make an OC stadium a reality.

Actually, purchasing the school does a lot in progressing us towards building a stadium on campus. It opens up Geasey as a possible site. Also, I'm pretty sure the land the school is on will be our playing fields and not practice fields for olympic sports.

The on campus stadium will happen, it's just not going to be a 2-3 year thing. It's going to take 5-10 years to come to fruition, but it will happen.
07-15-2014 11:11 PM
Advertisement

fishpro1098 Offline
All American

(07-15-2014 11:11 PM)JHG722 Wrote:  
(07-15-2014 06:08 PM)fishpro1098 Wrote:  

Actually, purchasing the school does a lot in progressing us towards building a stadium on campus. It opens up Geasey as a possible site. Also, I'm pretty sure the land the school is on will be our playing fields and not practice fields for olympic sports.

The on campus stadium will happen, it's just not going to be a 2-3 year thing. It's going to take 5-10 years to come to fruition, but it will happen.

I think you might be right about the playing fields.
07-16-2014 12:26 AM
Philly Brian Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
According to the president of Temple U, we will have to make a final decision by 2016. So we have some time. If we make a late decision such as Jan 2016, we would most likely need to extend maybe a year or two at the NFL stadium. That's not really a big deal.
However it's my best guess that Temple will make an announcement of a new stadium much sooner. I am thinking around the end of the year.
Personally I would like an announcement made next month to kickoff the season ... At this point the president prefers a 30k expandable to 40k campus stadium. We will still have access to the NFL stadium for the occasional Penn State or Notre Dame games ...
07-16-2014 01:37 AM
PIRATE TERP Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ECU / MARYLAND
thanx for the input! ... and best of luck in the future ...
07-16-2014 07:52 AM
NYCTUFan Offline
All American

(07-16-2014 01:37 AM)Philly Brian Wrote:  According to the president of Temple U, we will have to make a final decision by 2016. So we have some time. If we make a late decision such as Jan 2016, we would most likely need to extend maybe a year or two at the NFL stadium. That's not really a big deal.
However it's my best guess that Temple will make an announcement of a new stadium much sooner. I am thinking around the end of the year.
Personally I would like an announcement made next month to kickoff the season ... At this point the president prefers a 30k expandable to 40k campus stadium. We will still have access to the NFL stadium for the occasional Penn State or Notre Dame games ...

I understand the money grab idea behind the concept of playing teams like Penn State and Notre Dame at the Linc but I hope it doesn’t come to that, to me it just sends a message of small time. Build a 35,000 seat state of the art stadium from the start with the capabilities to expand if necessary down the road to 50,000+ and play all the home games their regardless of the opponent. Rutgers stadium was originally built at 40,000, UConns capacity is 40,000, I believe Nippert was at 35,000 prior to this latest expansion and SMU is at 35,000 now.

I for one am hoping that there is a program on the schedule at home each year like a PSU or ND to warrant the game moved to the Linc but is played on campus, that will give some incentive to people to buy full season ticket packages for all the games at the new stadium, not just cherry pick the games they like. Creating a shortage of seats will push the demand up and put a little value on the season ticket packages and can push the prices up higher where they should be and start generating some revenue. Things need to be done to build some demand, I am all for the personal seat licenses to be sold to raise funds prior to the stadium even being built, something like $15,000 to $50,000 per seat depending on seat location financed over a 3 to 5 year period like Houston did. Knowing a major program will be coming to Temple stadium every season and the only way you will be able to get a ticket is to buy a season ticket package will help drive this.

Temples football season ticket packages need to be at least double the price they are now and there should no longer be the 3 game partial season ticket packages. They will never create that type of demand for season tickets and home attendance figures they need if they move the marquee games to a 70,000 seat Lincoln Financial Field.
07-16-2014 08:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.