Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nippert Construction Update: 7/15/14
Bookmark and Share
TrevorStreets Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Bearcats
Nippert Construction Update: 7/15/14
With steel being installed, we got the latest scoop from Nippert this morning.

Enjoy: http://www.gobearcats.com/allaccess/?media=456285

07-15-2014 02:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mac6115cd Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
RE: Nippert Construction Update: 7/15/14
It's going to be a beautiful facility when it's completed. The update videos are much appreciated - good marketing and communication by UC!

07-16-2014 06:42 AM
FLIP Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
I was kind of surprised seeing the steel columns at least 2 rows into the seating at the top. I thought it was stated that no current seating was going to be affected. It will be interesting to see what they plan to do with those that had season tickets in those areas. My tickets are in the second from top row, but it appears the column in my section doesn't directly effect my seat, but I'm interested to see if there is a line of sight issue.

Otherwise, it's good to start seeing the above ground construction starting to take shape.

07-16-2014 09:52 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
Looking good!

07-16-2014 01:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(07-16-2014 09:52 AM)FLIP Wrote:  I was kind of surprised seeing the steel columns at least 2 rows into the seating at the top. I thought it was stated that no current seating was going to be affected. It will be interesting to see what they plan to do with those that had season tickets in those areas. My tickets are in the second from top row, but it appears the column in my section doesn't directly effect my seat, but I'm interested to see if there is a line of sight issue.

Otherwise, it's good to start seeing the above ground construction starting to take shape.

They've had large column staging areas cardoned off in two places in the stands since the beginning of construction. I don't ever remember them saying that they were going to leave all current seating untouched, logistically that would've been almost impossible.

07-16-2014 10:06 PM
FLIP Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
I heard that the column placements may have been changed once the extent of the foundation issues were known. Heard from foundation group that there were many undocumented issues that they ran into. I think originally, they didn't plan to cut into the existing seating to place them. Regardless, it looks to only affect 4 or so seats per column, not too bad, just hope they don't make line of sight issues.

07-17-2014 08:05 AM
indycat Offline
1st String

(07-17-2014 08:05 AM)FLIP Wrote:  I heard that the column placements may have been changed once the extent of the foundation issues were known. Heard from foundation group that there were many undocumented issues that they ran into. I think originally, they didn't plan to cut into the existing seating to place them. Regardless, it looks to only affect 4 or so seats per column, not too bad, just hope they don't make line of sight issues.

I imagine it was quite an engineering challenge and way beyond my ability to comprehend. Still, if I had a one hundred year house and wanted to add a fourth floor I imagine they'd be putting concrete footers in the basement that had to extend through the living quarters. I've wondered (and hoped) that whatever work was done underground to make this west concourse addition possible will be enduring.

07-17-2014 12:59 PM
Advertisement

bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
It looks like we are now starting to get an idea of the first level of seating. They have made some good progress this week.

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-footb...n-Cam.html

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2014 02:33 PM by bearcatfan.)
07-17-2014 02:23 PM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

For some reason we are getting a close up of field level activity today.

Never mind. It is gone now.

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2014 10:25 AM by Bruce Monnin.)
07-28-2014 10:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TrevorStreets Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Bearcats
(07-28-2014 10:24 AM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  For some reason we are getting a close up of field level activity today.

There are a few of us that can control the camera remotely. A few minutes after we relieve control, it automatically returns to the "home" position.

07-28-2014 12:52 PM
Advertisement

dossbig Offline
1st String

I Root For: CINCINNATI
(07-16-2014 09:52 AM)FLIP Wrote:  I was kind of surprised seeing the steel columns at least 2 rows into the seating at the top. I thought it was stated that no current seating was going to be affected. It will be interesting to see what they plan to do with those that had season tickets in those areas. My tickets are in the second from top row, but it appears the column in my section doesn't directly effect my seat, but I'm interested to see if there is a line of sight issue.

I bet many folks in the current goods seats, like myself, are moving up which will open seats to satisfy a few affect by steel.

07-28-2014 02:32 PM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-28-2014 12:52 PM)TrevorStreets Wrote:  
(07-28-2014 10:24 AM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  For some reason we are getting a close up of field level activity today.

There are a few of us that can control the camera remotely. A few minutes after we relieve control, it automatically returns to the "home" position.

That would be fun.

07-28-2014 03:04 PM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

(07-28-2014 02:32 PM)dossbig Wrote:  

I bet many folks in the current goods seats, like myself, are moving up which will open seats to satisfy a few affect by steel.

Wait...you have good seats?! Sorry, I had to...

So is that cutout near TUC where a set of concessions stands are going? Seems like a smart move to push them back a ways.

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2014 09:04 PM by BearcatMan.)
07-28-2014 09:03 PM
Mopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
(07-28-2014 09:03 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(07-28-2014 02:32 PM)dossbig Wrote:  

Wait...you have good seats?! Sorry, I had to...

So is that cutout near TUC where a set of concessions stands are going? Seems like a smart move to push them back a ways.

Concessions, restrooms and a terrace of sorts

07-28-2014 10:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.