ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NFL.com ranking every FBS team QB situation
MonarchManiac Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Check out #15 out of 128 on their list....familiar name?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...n-nos-1120
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2014 12:01 PM by MonarchManiac.)
07-15-2014 09:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ODUCoach Online
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: NLF.com ranking every FBS team QB situation
#13 on that list has an ODU connection as well. Connor Cook, the starter Michigan State is the brother of former Lady Monarch, Jackie Cook.
07-15-2014 09:41 AM
DaBigBlue Offline
Heisman

Yea that's great publicity. #8 is Marshall and at #5 ECU.
07-15-2014 10:19 AM
Advertisement

MonarchManiac Offline
Heisman

We really have had great fortune at that position. Who would have predicted this 6 years ago?
07-15-2014 10:27 AM
HeadsetGuy Offline
Special Teams

the thread header is misspelled amusingly
07-15-2014 10:39 AM
Advertisement

ODU AGGIE Online
Heisman

RE: NFL.com ranking every FBS team QB situation
I posted this over on the conference forum and thought I would repost it here for those of you who don't visit over there.

It is nice to get the respect shown for the Monarch quarterbacks (Heinicke and Washington), but NFL.com also ranked ODU 121st out of the 128 FBS teams, basically reflecting total disdain for the ODU defense. That is not that big of a surprise based on the team’s defensive performance, especially last year.

However, it seems pretty clear to most Monarch fans that the defense will be improved this year, with the Monarchs quite likely fielding its best defense ever. The question, of course, is – how good will it be?

We are anxiously awaiting the answer to that question, but one thing is clear. Either the Monarchs will surprise some folks, or it is going to be a long, hard season for this team and Monarch fans. I am leaning toward it being the former.
07-15-2014 12:09 PM
Monarch Maniac 10 Offline
1st String

Problem is we've heard every year the defense will be improved, only to be disappointed. I'm not buying into an improved defense one bit until I see it. And I'm dying to be proved wrong.
07-16-2014 07:39 AM
Advertisement

ODUR8R Offline
All American

Our offensive philosophy has not been kind to our defense. Players get a bad rap.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
07-16-2014 08:09 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(07-16-2014 08:09 AM)ODUR8R Wrote:  Our offensive philosophy has not been kind to our defense. Players get a bad rap.

It depends if the offense is working or not. When we move the ball all game, we do fine. When we are stopped and get a lot of 3 and outs, no defense will be able to hold up.
07-16-2014 08:21 AM
Advertisement

ODU AGGIE Online
Heisman

(07-16-2014 07:39 AM)Monarch Maniac 10 Wrote:  Problem is we've heard every year the defense will be improved, only to be disappointed. I'm not buying into an improved defense one bit until I see it. And I'm dying to be proved wrong.

Actually, I think it is very reasonable to believe that this year's defense will be an improvement over last year's. Fact is, there is really no place to go but up, and (1) the efforts in gaining experience for last year's players, (2) an upgraded staff with a year under their belt, and (3) some excellent recruiting on the defensive side of the ball -- all of these things combine to allow a reasonable forecast for an improved defense. (Some of these freshmen are going to see significant playing time, and these freshmen are going to help this team, not hurt it the way freshmen are often seen as doing.)

The problem is, the offenses the Monarchs will face will also be, on average, significantly improved over those ODU saw last year. So, again, the questions remains, just how much improved will the Monarch defense be? I believe the defense will allow ODU to compete well with all average and below average FBS teams, while the offenses of the P5 teams and the conference front-runners will present the Monarch defense with some severe tests. All in all, I think we will be able to observe a noteworthy improvement.
07-16-2014 08:54 AM
Big Blue Crazy Offline
Special Teams

Our O will not be as effective as it has been against FCS teams in the past.
So our D better step up this year.
What really concerns me is that we do not have a punter worth crap on the team.

07-16-2014 03:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.