Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Preferred Walk On Jamison Glover
Bookmark and Share
mrjoolius Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: William & Mary
Preferred Walk On Jamison Glover
Something not touched on with the zone down was basketball walk on Jamison Glover. He's a 6' PG from Battlefield HS. He put up some pretty good scoring numbers his senior year. He played AAU ball with Paul Rowley.

http://wiki.allmetsports.com/all-met/pla...ll/291324/

Highlights
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2014 07:49 PM by mrjoolius.)
07-14-2014 07:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tribeheart Offline
Heisman

RE: Preferred Walk On Jamison Glover
(07-14-2014 07:31 PM)mrjoolius Wrote:  Something not touched on with the zone down was basketball walk on Jamison Glover. He's a 6' PG from Battlefield HS. He put up some pretty good scoring numbers his senior year. He played AAU ball with Paul Rowley.

Highlights

Don't see him as a college level player, much less a preferred walk-on....
07-14-2014 09:30 PM
mrjoolius Online
Hall of Famer

Re: RE: Preferred Walk On Jamison Glover
(07-14-2014 09:30 PM)Tribeheart Wrote:  
(07-14-2014 07:31 PM)mrjoolius Wrote:  Something not touched on with the zone down was basketball walk on Jamison Glover. He's a 6' PG from Battlefield HS. He put up some pretty good scoring numbers his senior year. He played AAU ball with Paul Rowley.

Highlights

Don't see him as a college level player, much less a preferred walk-on....

How good do you think walk ons are? It's not like he is expected to play. He's a PG in a class of multiple pgs. I think they expect him to work hard, compete everyday, & push guys. Isn't that what is expected of walk on guys?

He looks pretty athletic
http://instagram.com/p/o_ktkmQXA0/
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2014 09:51 PM by mrjoolius.)
07-14-2014 09:44 PM
Advertisement

Tribeheart Offline
Heisman

Was wrong to be that harsh on Jamison Glover...Applaud Shaver for always keeping a walk-on spot open, even when we are at full scholarship level..

We have 9 schollie guards (or G/F) on this team, though...Would like to believe the program is moving to a level where any walk-on spots are filled by a player(s) who may develop into a spot game player as a junior/senior, and may even earn a full scholarship....Wishful thinking that somewhere there could have been a preferred walk-on "big man" who could have at least provided some practice heighth and an extra body to fill in for Sheldon and Whitman in practice.
07-14-2014 10:43 PM
mrjoolius Online
Hall of Famer

(07-14-2014 10:43 PM)Tribeheart Wrote:  Was wrong to be that harsh on Jamison Glover...Applaud Shaver for always keeping a walk-on spot open, even when we are at full scholarship level..

We have 9 schollie guards (or G/F) on this team, though...Would like to believe the program is moving to a level where any walk-on spots are filled by a player(s) who may develop into a spot game player as a junior/senior, and may even earn a full scholarship....Wishful thinking that somewhere there could have been a preferred walk-on "big man" who could have at least provided some practice heighth and an extra body to fill in for Sheldon and Whitman in practice.

I think, as a coach, you want to fill that spot with someone that can help the team. Sure a big man project would be nice, but they aren't out there. They get D1/D2 scholarships or, in some cases, opt to walk on at their childhood dream school (UNC, UK, KU, etc.). Even though Glover is yet another PG, he offers some traits that are different than any of our other PGs & similar to guards we'll be facing.

I want bigs too. But I think the coaches want to finalize the roster with quality players over filling a certain position. We only show 13 on the current roster (plus Cohn has to sit). Most teams carry 15 total. So, maybe a walk on big is out there.
07-15-2014 03:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.